Sometimes people can't hear me when I'm at home

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
This has been going on only recently and I have found that a reboot will fix the problem however when I am at home sometimes when I make a call or answer a call people cannot hear me. I can hear them fine but they are unable to hear any sound from my phone.

I do have an iPad Air 2 and the last two times I tried to answer a call using it it did not transfer the call properly. I do not know if that is related or not?

When I am at home the phone connects to my home wifi. I am on Verizon otherwise.

I googled the problem and had no luck.

Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Consult with an Apple GeniusBar... they may be able to diagnose something and will give you some options for resolution...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its the connection or maybe its your hand accidentally tapping on the mic mute button. I'd recommend calling up Verizon if it isn't the latter.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely not the latter. I usually use speaker when I'm working on the computer. Speaker or regular doesn't work. Like I said a reboot will fix the issue.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem myself, it turned out to be the wifi calling, I rebooted my router and it went away.
that might help if you are using wifi calling.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen a handful of times on every iPhone I've had...and have come to the opinion that it has more to do with the network connection than the device itself. I'm not anywhere near educated on the workings of a modern smart phone to know all the little processes that happen when a call is made between the device and the carrier service itself, but I HAVE noticed that my microphone on my device works when it happens (since it's very obvious when your microphone is off or muted while using the iPhone, even to yourself).

I think the issue comes in the network connection not fully initializing. Do you have particularly low cellular service in your area?

As far as handoff to the iPad 2, I know Apple is still working on it to get it smoothed out...handoff to my Macbook Pro is great about 95% of the time, but the other 5% of the time, it's either plagued with sound interference OR it doesn't register at all...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711