I have a Macbook Air and am receiving a Nexus 9 in a couple days. I'll be using my tablet for academic purposes (textbooks, notes, etc). I think the tablet is a good companion, but it certainly isn't for everyone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    01-06-2015 05:31 PM
    I still use mine, but spend most of my time either on my 6 or MBA.
    01-06-2015 09:59 PM
    I disagree. The 5.5" 6+ is closer in size to the original iPhone of 3.5" than it is to the iPad mini at 7.9" or the full size iPad at 9.7".
    Anyway, for me, I still use my full size iPad Air a lot and do not see the 6+ as a replacement for it. My kids have the iPad minis which I use sometimes, and i don't see the 6+ as a replacement for it either.
    Anything 5.5 or more is a phablet aka 'phone/ tablet.'
    01-08-2015 09:35 PM
    Nothing could replace my Air 2, so yes I still carry a tablet
    I absolutely agree.. I love my 6 plus, but I love my air 2 as well.
    Flow39 and ladyc0524 like this.
    01-10-2015 01:09 PM
    I use my 6+ as my tablet, really with what I need it accommodates seeing how I just bought a 2014 13 inch mba that barely gets any use so I guess my 6+ is my go to device that can fill in for a laptop and negate the need for a tablet for me.
    jianrong likes this.
    01-11-2015 07:15 AM
    My iPad Mini is been sitting since buying my iPhone 6 128gb. I'll probably keep it for the kids.
    01-12-2015 09:03 AM
    I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Mini R, and IPad Air, I sure wish I hadn't purchased the Mini. My Plus has completely taken over the place where the Mini used to rest in my life. Honestly, I've misplaced my Mini, I know it's somewhere in my house, but I can't even be bothered to find it, when I do I will sell it. I do still use my Air though, I use it as a sort of Mini TV, it's also a great companion to my Xbox One, the Smart Glass app looks and works great on it.

In all, I think a full sized tablet is still worth having, but if I knew Apple was gonna release this huge phone I would have never bought the iPad Mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-12-2015 02:57 PM
    The great thing about having a tablet is that I can come home and put the phone away and just pick up the tablet that is more of a multimedia device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    anon(5061193) and jianrong like this.
    01-12-2015 09:40 PM
    I take my iPad every where. It's so convenient to have around. I love my MacBook but it gets heavy after awhile with the other stuff I have in my bag.
    05-27-2015 01:11 PM
    I'd rather have a big phone than go back to carrying my iPad every damned where.

Now, I have a 6 Plus and a reliable network. I am happy to put the iPad down except for when necessary outside of the home.
    05-27-2015 06:23 PM
    Yes, I really like my iPad mini. I have an iPhone 6 Plus, but my mini is perfect for reading, surfing the web, watching movies, etc.
    nikkisharif and noshooz like this.
    05-27-2015 08:14 PM
    Yes, I really like my iPad mini. I have an iPhone 6 Plus, but my mini is perfect for reading, surfing the web, watching movies, etc.
    Same here!!! Don't think I could live without my Mini2 even with a 6 Plus.
    Bigeric23 and noshooz like this.
    05-27-2015 08:29 PM
    I actually purchased an iPad Air 2 after my 6+. Like many others have stated, I use my + as my daily driver and iPad to watch movies, read articles, etc. I also edit photos on my iPad, create presentations, etc. because there's just so much more you can do with the screen real estate. So I say go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-28-2015 02:17 PM
    I use a surface pro 3 but it's mainly for work. When I'm at home I pretty much stick with the iPhone.
    05-28-2015 11:07 PM
    I carry around a Nexus 9. I need it to login into the servers at work, update scripts, restart processes, start a compile job, etc. Unfortunately an iPad is missing to many features for me to use it for work. The biggest one is running apps in the background, as mentioned above I use a terminal app to login into servers, however if I switch to different app while the terminal app is running, iOS always logs me out and terminates my connections. I also need a file manager as it's probably the most used app for me. I know iOS has apps like File but their no where near as powerful as the ones that I use on my Nexus 9. I also have a Linux distro running under a Chroot, which means I can use a lot my custom utilities locally on my tablet, run reports and such. I also use a lot of web apps and found that my Nexus 9 runs them a lot better than my iPad Air 2. Plus I can use a mouse, so when I'm using the Nexus 9's keyboard case I just hook up a mouse and use it like a laptop, very helpful.

This doesn't mean I don't like my iPad, I just don't use it for work. Still waiting for iOS to allow the choosing of my own default apps, full multitasking and better inter-app communication, until then though, I don't mind having two tablets. It's actually kind of cool having the best of both worlds.
    05-31-2015 06:13 AM
    Nope. Never have ever since I got the iPhone 6plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    05-31-2015 06:39 AM
    I just spent 10 days working in a camp at 6500 feet, and I always take both my phone and tablet when I go there.
    This year though, I noticed I wasn't carrying my iPad around during the day, I could do whatever I needed from my 6 plus.
    I actually used my iPad at night when I would normally have needed my MBA.

What is becoming less and less useful to me, oddly enough, is my MBA.
    But my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus are my preciousssssssssssssss... Can't live without them.
    05-31-2015 11:47 AM
    I still carry an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2 with me from home to work daily. Don't really have as much use for the Air 2 but since I have the LTE model I use that as a reason to keep the device with me out and about.

06-18-2015 02:02 PM
    I just spent 10 days working in a camp at 6500 feet, and I always take both my phone and tablet when I go there.
    This year though, I noticed I wasn't carrying my iPad around during the day, I could do whatever I needed from my 6 plus.
    I actually used my iPad at night when I would normally have needed my MBA.

What is becoming less and less useful to me, oddly enough, is my MBA.
    But my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus are my preciousssssssssssssss... Can't live without them.
    I completely agree with this statement. I have found that I never use my rMBP anymore...especially since I just graduated from college about a month ago. Haven't used it since I was last in the classroom. But I do use my Air 2 and 6 Plus daily for work and play.

06-18-2015 02:08 PM
    I don't carry separate tablet but when I am home I use iPad.
    06-19-2015 03:57 PM
    The large phones have really caused me to stop using a tablet. I gave my LG G Pad 8.3 to my daughter for Netflix and my iPad to my son. I have 4 phones and 3 of those are phablets including this 6+. Tablets don't seem necessary for me anymore.
    06-19-2015 06:55 PM
    I still carry a Tablet (well 2) ones a 2012 Google Nexus 7 that I use mainly for Google Play Books and games that are ether Android only or ones that I don't want to buy again on iOS the other is for everything that I can't do on my Nexus 7 or my 6 Plus.

Roland
    06-29-2015 01:56 PM
    When working I carry an iPad as need a bigger screen to get things done quicker. I have the tools I need there so don't need to bother with a laptop. Other times, my iPhone 6 alone is enough to keep me aware of what is going on and deal with emails
    06-29-2015 05:24 PM
73 123