New TapaTalk update is TERRIBLE!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. The avatar that I created specifically to use on the Tapatalk forum is being used by several. Glad to see it take off!

I downloaded something similar to that from the official Facebook page of the guys over at Tapatalk Forums.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the reviews it seems like 'friends' of the developers are leaving an occasional 5 star review. They are suspicious because the review titles are all the same 'don't understand the hate' and all of the reviews say the exact same thing. - the interface is changed, it is mobile friendly, it works great. It can't be a coincidence that these are legit 5 star reviews all have the same points. They probably stagger them so you see at least 1 positive review in the first page of reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded something similar to that from the official Facebook page of the guys over at Tapatalk Forums.

Yeah, some user named WasabiNME saw it and copied it and used it on his FaceBook page. FWIW, I don’t mind, and am glad to have contributed in some small way.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with tapatalk for a long time.
Not sure whats wrong with it?
No crashes, easy navigation.

Someone explain to me the problems?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't really see any of those as huge issues. The iPad version doesn't look great thats for sure, but that doesn't affect me (not that it shouldn't be fixed, I'm just saying).
The feed is the only thing I could see being improved/removed, but I don't ever use it anyways.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. The avatar that I created specifically to use on the Tapatalk forum is being used by several. Glad to see it take off!
I made my own using that blue they used on the stupid strips across the screen. I put it on one of my Facebook accounts. :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420314875.939625.jpg

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with tapatalk for a long time.
Not sure whats wrong with it?
No crashes, easy navigation.

Someone explain to me the problems?
Those wide blue strips across the screen on "Unread" are ugly and serve no purpose. The font style has changed to a very thin font that's hard to read. Too much wasted space everywhere. They tried to make it look like a social media site instead of a forum.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Those wide blue strips across the screen on "Unread" are ugly and serve no purpose. The font style has changed to a very thin font that's hard to read. Too much wasted space everywhere. They tried to make it look like a social media site instead of a forum.

Wide blue strips? Not too sure what those are.
Yeah font isn't great, though normal is the second smallest font size. There is 3 more after it. Large is actually a nice medium for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wide blue strips? Not too sure what those are.
Yeah font isn't great, though normal is the second smallest font size. There is 3 more after it. Large is actually a nice medium for me.

These. The whole timelines are like this. Big wide strips of blue with the thread title. And an excerpt from the thread below the blue. The last version was not like that. You could see more thread titles per screen page. Now you only see maybe 2 or 3. Why do we need a comment example on the Unread timeline? We'll see it when we open the thread. It takes too much space.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420322283.089962.jpg

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well this is awkward. I'm on a different tapatalk. I'm not sure how, the only tapatalk in the store shows its not downloaded (but in my cloud), but I'm still on the old pro version.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Luckily I still have the previous version on iTunes on my Mac so I reinstalled that one.

Tapatalk is taking a real pounding in the App Store reviews.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well this is awkward. I'm on a different tapatalk. I'm not sure how, the only tapatalk in the store shows its not downloaded (but in my cloud), but I'm still on the old pro version.

Hang on to that version!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods