Those wide blue strips across the screen on "Unread" are ugly and serve no purpose. The font style has changed to a very thin font that's hard to read. Too much wasted space everywhere. They tried to make it look like a social media site instead of a forum.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Wide blue strips? Not too sure what those are.
    Yeah font isn't great, though normal is the second smallest font size. There is 3 more after it. Large is actually a nice medium for me.
    01-03-2015 03:08 PM
    Wide blue strips? Not too sure what those are.
    Yeah font isn't great, though normal is the second smallest font size. There is 3 more after it. Large is actually a nice medium for me.
    These. The whole timelines are like this. Big wide strips of blue with the thread title. And an excerpt from the thread below the blue. The last version was not like that. You could see more thread titles per screen page. Now you only see maybe 2 or 3. Why do we need a comment example on the Unread timeline? We'll see it when we open the thread. It takes too much space.
    New TapaTalk update is TERRIBLE!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420322283.089962.jpg

01-03-2015 04:58 PM
    Well this is awkward. I'm on a different tapatalk. I'm not sure how, the only tapatalk in the store shows its not downloaded (but in my cloud), but I'm still on the old pro version.
    01-03-2015 05:05 PM
    Font doesn't effect the listings. Which is just wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-03-2015 05:06 PM
    Luckily I still have the previous version on iTunes on my Mac so I reinstalled that one.

Tapatalk is taking a real pounding in the App Store reviews.
    01-03-2015 05:41 PM
    Well this is awkward. I'm on a different tapatalk. I'm not sure how, the only tapatalk in the store shows its not downloaded (but in my cloud), but I'm still on the old pro version.
    Hang on to that version!

01-03-2015 05:49 PM
    Hang on to that version!

I am haha, this new version is definitely not good.
    01-03-2015 05:50 PM
    Never on TapaTalk has the Unread timeline run out of threads. It's just never happened before. I don't even look at them all. But now in this useless new TapaTalk version, I get this:
    New TapaTalk update is TERRIBLE!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1420341952.563812.jpg

01-03-2015 10:25 PM
    terrible indeed!
    01-03-2015 10:52 PM
    Never on TapaTalk has the Unread timeline run out of threads. It's just never happened before. I don't even look at them all. But now in this useless new TapaTalk version, I get this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420341952.563812.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	74860

Pull down to refresh
    Ledsteplin and eyesopen1111 like this.
    01-03-2015 11:04 PM
    I don't think the new update is terrible at all. It just took some getting used to because it looks and operates a little differently.
    01-04-2015 07:24 PM
    I don't think the new update is terrible at all. It just took some getting used to because it looks and operates a little differently.
    Whatever turns you on, but I can't stand those blue strips across the screen. And they waste a lot of space. They're trying to make it look like social media. Forums are not social media.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-04-2015 07:31 PM
    Whatever turns you on, but I can't stand those blue strips across the screen. And they waste a lot of space. They're trying to make it look like social media. Forums are not social media.

It doesn't bother me either way. I guess I don't have an investment in how it looks. Just as long as I can post with you guys I'm fine.
    01-04-2015 07:32 PM
    01-07-2015 10:17 PM
    I personally love the update. You can browse section just tap the top middle section of the thread and it gives you different section. I do agree it is confusing.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    01-08-2015 01:19 AM
    I don't use Tapatalk (or really any mobile browsing of these forums any more), but the ratings on the latest version are just plain amazing (and not in the good sense). I can't remember seeing ratings so skewed to 1 star (even the Facebook Messenger app when it became "required"). Just wow.
    01-09-2015 08:55 PM
    It's terrible for Android also.
    01-10-2015 12:44 AM
    Well, I suppose that I'm one of the few who are fairly satisfied with good ol Tapatalk. I would like the swipes between the pages of a thread to be less sensitive, and the swipes between the Tapatalk main screen and the various forums to be more sensitive, but fingers crossed on that small point.

Still, I like the app and use it all the time.
    01-10-2015 01:15 AM
    I can't wait for the new update to come out

01-18-2015 05:00 PM
    I can't wait for the new update to come out

Yeah, I'm curious to see what all they changed back or improved. I do think the ugly blue strips will be gone and better utilization of space. And the Christmas opener will finally be gone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-18-2015 06:46 PM
    Yeah, I'm curious to see what all they changed back or improved. I do think the ugly blue strips will be gone and better utilization of space. And the Christmas opener will finally be gone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    I want the quick actions on a slide to the left back-for marking a read, mod tools, etc.
    Just_Me_D, ladyc0524 and cwbcpa like this.
    01-18-2015 07:48 PM
    I want the quick actions on a slide to the left back-for marking a read, mod tools, etc.
    Same here. I miss being able to slide to the left to mark a thread as read
    01-18-2015 08:25 PM
    app is updated

There has been an overwhelming response to our latest release and we acknowledge that much of it was negative. We have been listening and this update is one of the first improvement and changes we will introduce to Tapatalk in next couple of updates. More details on upcoming improvements can be found in our support forum.

In this version, we have redesigned the Discussion Card, the Forum Browser, and the Subscription UI based on the feedback we gathered. Also, the Feed now shows your Subscription as well, along with the Trending Discussion, where Subscription update will be shown predominately over Trending.

You can now see both Subscribed Sub-Forum and Subscribed Discussion all in one place, under the Subscribed Tab in the forum's Home screen, along with ability to Mark Read of sub-forum and discussion easily with just one click.

In addition to the aforementioned improvements, we also included:

• Interactive push notifications that allow you to reply directly from them
    • Increased variety of categories for easier forum discovery
    • Search-assist suggests popular search terms as you type
    • Optimized UI for unread notifications in the Feed
    • Fixed an app badge display inconsistency bug
    • Sub-forum browse navigation now shows unread post indicators for each sub-forum
    01-29-2015 08:59 PM
    app is updated
    Yep, and it looks better, thus far. I did, however, have to increase the font size to large.
    01-29-2015 09:02 PM
    Looks better and I like the navigation.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-29-2015 09:14 PM
117 ... 2345