Is there anyone noticing their iPhone 6 plus taking low quality pictures?

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Looks like some sort of filter on it. Also looks like aggressive noise removal but I don't see these options in my iPhone.

I kinda read about the noise removal... I tried checking my camera setting thinking I could adjust anything, unfortunately it's not like the android phones where you can change and adjust your own camera settings the way you want it to be. ��

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Not trying to be rude or anything but please, For other users that will be responding, if you can't say something nice, can you just not say anything.. This question was posted to gather information and opinion, not criticism or negativity. Thanks.

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you happen to have one of the photo filters on by accident? It's the little three circle icon at the bottom right when taking a picture. They could be causing issues.

Hi! No, no filter at all. It was just on normal when I took those pictures. From time to time it still happens. :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you happen to find that thread again, mind posting the link here? Unfortunately I used my iPhone taking those pictures.

I didn't mean to make that implication. Your situation is different. It just reminded me of it.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have dashcam in my big truck. I get same green dot when at if I forget to cover dashcam with visor when taking pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you're shooting from inside vehicle. If so look around for anything with green light it can be as small as you see in the pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dorknight

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That green dot is a lens flare... Will happen with most cameras. Pointing a lens at the sun is not a good thing unless you have the right setup.

Photos look fine to me though overall. Not sure what other people think. That noise in the photos will happen with lower light situations. It's from the exposure/ISO getting boosted. That's normal especially on smart phones. And then with lower light the shutter speed is slowed down, so if you don't have a perfectly steady hand you will get some blurriness. So that's probably what you're seeing with the "lower quality"ones.

Careful with the phone in the pockets if they're fitted. That's why the phone bends. Gotta get a case on it.

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah those look like photographer error. Considering I pulled this one off while drunk on a couch and leaning over with the screen facing away so I couldn't see to make sure everything focused properly.

d1ef2be987c11c02a50e2b23b29f913a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be rude or anything but please, For other users that will be responding, if you can't say something nice, can you just not say anything.. This question was posted to gather information and opinion, not criticism or negativity. Thanks.

Didn't realize it was a prerequisite to refrain from pointing out very realistic reasons why your issue could be happening just because you felt they were "mean". Given how many phones you've gone through, I think we can pretty much surmise you've broken this one too. Otter box...it's probably a necessity for you.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the OP have a case on while taking pics? Depending on the case it can make a difference. I remember when I first got a 4S and initially how lousy I though the pics were. It was the Mophie Case I had screwing with the light.
Also is the OP using the AE/ AF lock by pressing and holding on the screen?
e7c9302e98764abfa7e2258d85f23c68.jpg

This my dimly lit studio using my 6 Plus with a Diztronic TPU case on.
bba5bcab6b4e0c395a71456c44d3239f.jpg

With the case off.

Last edited:

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Didn't realize it was a prerequisite to refrain from pointing out very realistic reasons why your issue could be happening just because you felt they were "mean". Given how many phones you've gone through, I think we can pretty much surmise you've broken this one too. Otter box...it's probably a necessity for you.

First of all, if this is how you talk to other people and you think you're not being mean well I'm sorry I am not them and i don't appreciate you talking to me this way. you don't even know the story how my phones broke. My first phone, I got it with a little tiny dot spot on the camera lens, so I took it back and they let me exchanged it. Second phone, it bent because of the speck case that I've been using, I don't know how, but that's what happened. And yes, Apple was good enough to give me a replacement for free. And FYI, I always have a phone case and a screen protector.

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Does the OP have a case on while taking pics? Depending on the case it can make a difference. I remember when I first got a 4S and initially how lousy I though the pics were. It was the Mophie Case I had screwing with the light.
Also is the OP using the AE/ AF lock by pressing and holding on the screen?
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/e7c9302e98764abfa7e2258d85f23c68.jpg

This my dimly lit studio using my 6 Plus with a Diztronic TPU case on.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/bba5bcab6b4e0c395a71456c44d3239f.jpg
With the case off.

Hi. I am using a spigen case right now. But thank you for the suggestion, I will try it and see if there's gonna be difference. ��

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I am using a spigen case right now. But thank you for the suggestion, I will try it and see if there's gonna be difference. ��

Also experiment with the AE/AF lock to get different exposures.
Here's a example of 3 exposures by pressing on the screen.
caa1e73d5d662d3490ecdf76b5022fec.jpg
50bdbb2e12d229f5f31ce7ce19661efa.jpg
8a966b5d42d0e7f9b2c90be154a31e56.jpg

anon9177984

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
That green dot is a lens flare... Will happen with most cameras. Pointing a lens at the sun is not a good thing unless you have the right setup.

Photos look fine to me though overall. Not sure what other people think. That noise in the photos will happen with lower light situations. It's from the exposure/ISO getting boosted. That's normal especially on smart phones. And then with lower light the shutter speed is slowed down, so if you don't have a perfectly steady hand you will get some blurriness. So that's probably what you're seeing with the "lower quality"ones.

Careful with the phone in the pockets if they're fitted. That's why the phone bends. Gotta get a case on it.

Thanks. I think some photos look fine too. I was just really bothered with some pictures that looked like painting. Anyway, I guess I would have to just try different ways to be able to take good pictures and hope it won't happen again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods