Tempting : Left Note 4 and come back to Iphone

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I was a iphone 4 user in the past. Addict at Winterboard, Activator, ColorKeyboard.....

Then switch to Note 2. Was like a small computer or thumbdrive. Drag and paste the files easily. Watch Video and so on. When iPhone 6 Plus out i was trying for some time to recontract but alway Out Of Stocks. Finally jump into Note 4 due to impatient. But like the feature and display of Note 4 too. Only problem is that i had some lag and hang which is minor issue. And usage on Note 4 will require me to charge twice daily. Highest battery life is 1 Day 13 Mins with about 4 hours of Screen On Time.

Had seen Iphone 6 Plus Screen On Time of about 10 hours which is cool and 1 Day 10 hour of standby time. I had a ipad 3 at home and if i were to own Iphone 6 Plus i would be able to charge faster using ipad charger.

Is most apps on Iphone 6 Plus optimise for the 5.5 Inch yet?

Tempted to sell and buy a new Iphone 6 Plus. Would need to cut my sim to nano too. And clear screen protector clear case at the very first day.

Is it the same using the keyhole pin to push the cardholer out for nanosim?

And the front screen is quite fragile, easily to break if you put together with other items in your pocket.

Aarghhhh.....

Or should i stick to note 4.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Most apps work on the plus.
You would need a nano sim.
Yes, its the same pin to open the tray.
I'd recommend getting a screen protector since there is always a chance of the screen getting scratched.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I heard that the apps arent optimized to work on 5.5 inch display? Wouldnt want to see a smaller app screen icon with black background at the edge. Is like using ipad 3 and running iphone app on it. Where you need to double tap to zoom but there still black background.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Apps not optimized for the 6/6+ will be automatically scaled up. No black bars or anything, but everything is larger (including the keyboard) than those that are optimized for the new sizes; the screen is fully filled. In my opinion not as bad as the transition from the 3.5" to 4" form factor a couple of years ago.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Most apps are optimized for the 6 Plus. I don't think I have any that are not and I have 111 apps on the phone. They all look great.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
You are on an Apple forum so most of people will say go for the 6 plus. I would give the Note 4 another chance and use it for a bit more, it's a great phone. Go for the 6+ if you prefer IOS. I love mine but would love to try the Note 4.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was a iphone 4 user in the past. Addict at Winterboard, Activator, ColorKeyboard.....

Then switch to Note 2. Was like a small computer or thumbdrive. Drag and paste the files easily. Watch Video and so on. When iPhone 6 Plus out i was trying for some time to recontract but alway Out Of Stocks. Finally jump into Note 4 due to impatient. But like the feature and display of Note 4 too. Only problem is that i had some lag and hang which is minor issue. And usage on Note 4 will require me to charge twice daily. Highest battery life is 1 Day 13 Mins with about 4 hours of Screen On Time.

Had seen Iphone 6 Plus Screen On Time of about 10 hours which is cool and 1 Day 10 hour of standby time. I had a ipad 3 at home and if i were to own Iphone 6 Plus i would be able to charge faster using ipad charger.

Is most apps on Iphone 6 Plus optimise for the 5.5 Inch yet?

Tempted to sell and buy a new Iphone 6 Plus. Would need to cut my sim to nano too. And clear screen protector clear case at the very first day.

Is it the same using the keyhole pin to push the cardholer out for nanosim?

And the front screen is quite fragile, easily to break if you put together with other items in your pocket.

Aarghhhh.....

Or should i stick to note 4.

If your usage on the note has you charging twice a day, you are going to have to charge at least that much with the 6 plus. You seem to be a very heavy user, so no phone is going to be able to stand that. That being said, it all depends what you want. If you are having regrets or second thoughts, get the 6+. Both are solid phones, can't really go wrong with either.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You are on an Apple forum so most of people will say go for the 6 plus. I would give the Note 4 another chance and use it for a bit more, it's a great phone. Go for the 6+ if you prefer IOS. I love mine but would love to try the Note 4.

Well there you go. You two can trade and you get the note and he the 6+ lol

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
For me, I've got the Note 3 and iPhone 6. Honestly, only way to eliminate lag is to completely change the Note 4. The way it'll run with bloatware, the certain small running processes in touchwiz that do nothing, and the automatic under clocked kernel is the problem.

My Note 3 is fully rooted, ROM'd, and it's got a kernel that gives me control over my cores and clock speeds. That device is a real beast and actually can benchmark almost on par with a stock 4.

However, if all that said is massively gibberish to you, I'd say go for the 6+. I'm sure that there has to be someone out there who'd trade!

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hmn. Maybe stay for note 4 for alittle longer. The battery is better if i use touchwiz. Nova drain alot but cool look.

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually just came from a Note 4. I love both OS's, both def. have their pros and cons, but I just feel at home with the iPhone. There're certainly less hiccups on the iPhone 6+, which was the deciding factor for me coming back. From what I can tell, battery life give or take is pretty much the same. Granted the Note 4, you can always buy extra batteries to swap in an out.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Most apps work on the plus.
You would need a nano sim.
Yes, its the same pin to open the tray.
I'd recommend getting a screen protector since there is always a chance of the screen getting scratched.

I've run into quite a few apps that aren't optimized for the iPhone 6+ display. Emailed the developers and either get no response or they say it's gonna be in an upcoming update. I've had to refund quite a few apps for not being optimized for the display as well (I don't keep them, I take my money back when they put the work in they'll get paid for it).

It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't make the keyboard borderline unusable for me, among other things. Also, if the app uses a WebView the fuzziness in that tends to give me eye strain. I can't deal with it.

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Last year was my worse year when it came to phone swapping. Note 4 is a great phone, but I keep comparing it to the iPhone 6+. So I finally made the jump back to iPhone, and I'm staying here. My hobby is getting way to expensive.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I own both and battery life is day and night difference.
On the note 4 I had to turn most of my stuff off to get 4-5 hours screen time, had to use 2 emails only, turn off location services etc.
On the ip6 I get 2 days usage with over 10 hours screen time and I have 4 emails pushing and I haven't turn anything off.
I like both phones, I tend to use the ip6 more than the note because I like iOS, having a mac pro as my main device, MPA and MBP its more convenient, I hate the lag on the note 4 the OS eats up memory like crazy, hence th need for 3 gb where only 1.Something is available.
if you like to tweak your phone install custom roms etc I'd go with the note 4, if you like a solid OS easy to use device, I would go with the ip6.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I own both and battery life is day and night difference.
On the note 4 I had to turn most of my stuff off to get 4-5 hours screen time, had to use 2 emails only, turn off location services etc.
On the ip6 I get 2 days usage with over 10 hours screen time and I have 4 emails pushing and I haven't turn anything off.
I like both phones, I tend to use the ip6 more than the note because I like iOS, having a mac pro as my main device, MPA and MBP its more convenient, I hate the lag on the note 4 the OS eats up memory like crazy, hence th need for 3 gb where only 1.Something is available.
if you like to tweak your phone install custom roms etc I'd go with the note 4, if you like a solid OS easy to use device, I would go with the ip6.
Something must be wrong with your Note 4. I have both as well and they both have great battery life.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Something must be wrong with your Note 4. I have both as well and they both have great battery life.

My note 4s were fine three of them, you are saying you get more than 5 hours screen time on the note 4 with everything on? how? I tried everything from stock rom, dynamicKat, infamous, firekat, they were all the same, 5 hours at the most.
I am not talking about screen time on as in looking at the home screen, actually using the phone.
I have yet to see a note 4 to get more than that with all settings on and all the syncs I have on with my iPhone 6 plus.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just left the Note 4 on Wed. Very happy to be back on iOS especially with my 6 Plus. Just having iMessage back has been a pleasure. Love this crazy battery life in the 6 Plus as well. Very happy with my decision to jump back to iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2