OK, so i've got this iPhone 6+ with Apple Pay and all that jazz. I'm really disappointed that more retailers haven't come on board with Apply Pay yet. Anyone have any "inside info" about retaiiers accepting Apple Pay in the future?
    12-28-2014 12:44 AM
    12-28-2014 01:19 AM
    I tried using it at best buy and it said it couldn't use it. Went to my local grocery score and tried it and it worked brilliantly.
    12-28-2014 02:08 AM
    I've only used it at Walgreen's so far, and it worked flawlessly. The best part is when people look at you like you have a 3rd eye when you use your phone to pay for something.
    12-28-2014 11:49 AM
    I've only used it at Walgreen's so far, and it worked flawlessly. The best part is when people look at you like you have a 3rd eye when you use your phone to pay for something.
    Very amusing given your avitar
    Spencerdl, mmohn01 and Rnkriis like this.
    12-28-2014 12:12 PM
    Very amusing given your avitar
    Touche'
    12-28-2014 12:32 PM
    I'm sure as time progresses, more retailers will come aboard. I used it for the first time last night at a nearby Walgreen's. It took a few tries, but I eventually got it to work. So far so good.
    12-28-2014 02:43 PM
    I have a Schwab card which is not on Apple Pay and a BoA Visa card which is. I use Apple Pay at Whole Foods, Walgreens, Sephora, anytime I can, really. I think it's very much a supply and demand thing: the more we use it, the more stores and banks will jump on the bandwagon.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    12-28-2014 02:56 PM
    I have no stores round me that let me pay with Apple pay just yet but I really want to try it
    01-06-2015 01:56 AM
    Do the transactions show as Apple pay or as a direct transaction with the merchant on your bank/ credit card statements? Is it Apple pay sephora or does it just say you bought something at sephora?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    01-09-2015 03:30 AM
    Do the transactions show as Apple pay or as a direct transaction with the merchant on your bank/ credit card statements? Is it Apple pay sephora or does it just say you bought something at sephora?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Don't know if it depends on the issuing bank, but mine just appears as a normal transaction without any kind of indication it was Apple Pay.
    anon6002755 likes this.
    01-09-2015 07:53 AM
    Don't know if it depends on the issuing bank, but mine just appears as a normal transaction without any kind of indication it was Apple Pay.
    Same here, I'm with a credit union.
    anon6002755 likes this.
    01-09-2015 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the answers guys. I suspected that but figured I would ask a few with experience.
    01-09-2015 08:32 PM
    Can it be used on iTunes store?
    01-13-2015 10:12 AM
    Can it be used on iTunes store?
    iTunes Store on your iPhone? It's not really needed. You could already buy things from iTunes or the AppStore using your fingerprint on the 5S and above.
    01-13-2015 11:12 AM
    One thing I'm really hoping they add it to is parking meters...how awesome it would be to pay a parking meter with Apple Pay vs. having change/cash or having to use your card in those things. They have an app now to do it with, but it's buggy and not very intuitive.
    nikkisharif and Scatabrain like this.
    01-13-2015 11:26 AM
    One thing I'm really hoping they add it to is parking meters...how awesome it would be to pay a parking meter with Apple Pay vs. having change/cash or having to use your card in those things. They have an app now to do it with, but it's buggy and not very intuitive.
    Parking meters? I'll do one better.....how about tolls? Would be perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:39 PM
    Parking meters? I'll do one better.....how about tolls? Would be perfect for me.

The EZPass system is still faster for tolls than using ApplePay would be. Yes I understand the whole privacy or lack thereof issue with EZPass being able to track my whereabouts but nothing beats going thru toll booths at 55+ mph. And I unfortunately have to use toll roads to get to and from work everyday.
    That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind if they added ApplePay to toll booths if it helps others.
    01-13-2015 12:49 PM
    The EZPass system is still faster for tolls than using ApplePay would be. Yes I understand the whole privacy or lack thereof issue with EZPass being able to track my whereabouts but nothing beats going thru toll booths at 55+ mph. And I unfortunately have to use toll roads to get to and from work everyday.
    That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind if they added ApplePay to toll booths if it helps others.
    Exactly. We have PeachPass here in Georgia...and it's literally just a sticker you place on your windshield that a camera sees when you drive through at full speed. I guess if this option wasn't available in an area, Apple Pay would certainly be a nice option, but to me, I like not having to slow down at all!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-13-2015 01:21 PM
    I hear you, but I don't use toll roads that often. When I do use them, they are for long trips. I don't think EZ Pass is worth it for me. I still say that Apple Pay would be better than fidgeting for my wallet when it comes time to pay. Lol

01-13-2015 02:31 PM
    iTunes Store on your iPhone? It's not really needed. You could already buy things from iTunes or the AppStore using your fingerprint on the 5S and above.
    You mean using passbook? Sorry I just returned to iOS last week from 2 years plus of Android.
    01-13-2015 08:28 PM
    You mean using passbook? Sorry I just returned to iOS last week from 2 years plus of Android.
    Not Passbook. If you have the fingerprint sensor, in the settings app you can choose to use a fingerprint to buy stuff in iTunes Store, AppStore, and iBooks.
    01-13-2015 08:50 PM
    No, she means iTunes and the Apple app store...both of those allow you to simply use your account's payment method and authorization via finger print (if you have it setup to do so)...rendering Apple Pay kind of redundant.
    01-13-2015 08:51 PM
    Anyone experiencing being required a signature using Pay? I have a friend who was asked to sign on a purchase of over $20. Having to sign a ticket or receipt kinda makes using Pay pointless. IMO.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-17-2015 02:08 PM
    Anyone experiencing being required a signature using Pay? I have a friend who was asked to sign on a purchase of over $20. Having to sign a ticket or receipt kinda makes using Pay pointless. IMO.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Nope, I've yet to have to sign anything when using Pay.
    01-17-2015 02:13 PM
27 12