Apple Pay

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
OK, so i've got this iPhone 6+ with Apple Pay and all that jazz. I'm really disappointed that more retailers haven't come on board with Apply Pay yet. Anyone have any "inside info" about retaiiers accepting Apple Pay in the future?

velvetelvis

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried using it at best buy and it said it couldn't use it. Went to my local grocery score and tried it and it worked brilliantly.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I've only used it at Walgreen's so far, and it worked flawlessly. The best part is when people look at you like you have a 3rd eye when you use your phone to pay for something.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure as time progresses, more retailers will come aboard. I used it for the first time last night at a nearby Walgreen's. It took a few tries, but I eventually got it to work. So far so good.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Schwab card which is not on Apple Pay and a BoA Visa card which is. I use Apple Pay at Whole Foods, Walgreens, Sephora, anytime I can, really. I think it's very much a supply and demand thing: the more we use it, the more stores and banks will jump on the bandwagon.

anon6002755

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Do the transactions show as Apple pay or as a direct transaction with the merchant on your bank/ credit card statements? Is it Apple pay sephora or does it just say you bought something at sephora?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Do the transactions show as Apple pay or as a direct transaction with the merchant on your bank/ credit card statements? Is it Apple pay sephora or does it just say you bought something at sephora?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Don't know if it depends on the issuing bank, but mine just appears as a normal transaction without any kind of indication it was Apple Pay.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing I'm really hoping they add it to is parking meters...how awesome it would be to pay a parking meter with Apple Pay vs. having change/cash or having to use your card in those things. They have an app now to do it with, but it's buggy and not very intuitive.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
One thing I'm really hoping they add it to is parking meters...how awesome it would be to pay a parking meter with Apple Pay vs. having change/cash or having to use your card in those things. They have an app now to do it with, but it's buggy and not very intuitive.

Parking meters? I'll do one better.....how about tolls? Would be perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The EZPass system is still faster for tolls than using ApplePay would be. Yes I understand the whole privacy or lack thereof issue with EZPass being able to track my whereabouts but nothing beats going thru toll booths at 55+ mph. And I unfortunately have to use toll roads to get to and from work everyday.
That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind if they added ApplePay to toll booths if it helps others.

Exactly. We have PeachPass here in Georgia...and it's literally just a sticker you place on your windshield that a camera sees when you drive through at full speed. I guess if this option wasn't available in an area, Apple Pay would certainly be a nice option, but to me, I like not having to slow down at all! :)

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The EZPass system is still faster for tolls than using ApplePay would be. Yes I understand the whole privacy or lack thereof issue with EZPass being able to track my whereabouts but nothing beats going thru toll booths at 55+ mph. And I unfortunately have to use toll roads to get to and from work everyday.
That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind if they added ApplePay to toll booths if it helps others.

I hear you, but I don't use toll roads that often. When I do use them, they are for long trips. I don't think EZ Pass is worth it for me. I still say that Apple Pay would be better than fidgeting for my wallet when it comes time to pay. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You mean using passbook? Sorry I just returned to iOS last week from 2 years plus of Android.

No, she means iTunes and the Apple app store...both of those allow you to simply use your account's payment method and authorization via finger print (if you have it setup to do so)...rendering Apple Pay kind of redundant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2