New iPhone user

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently came over from Windows Phone to iOS. I just picked up an iPhone 6 plus and so far so good. I'm coming from an HTC One M8 for windows and I must say that iPhone is REALLY nice to handle. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and ask for any advice on apps or whatever because this is my very first iOS device of any kind. Thanks in advance for your help!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone and iMore! I hope you enjoy your new phone. You'll be getting a list of apps to download soon! We're pretty helpful in that way.

What kind of things are you interested in? Social media? News? Shopping? etc

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank for for introducing yourself to us, and in glad you're enjoying your new iPhone 6 Plus. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Take care, and have a great weekend. ...;)

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I really only use pandora and word lense but I work for a European company. The Facebook app was using GB's of data! I flew through 10gb in a month and I never do that.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
My gf got her 6+ the other day. 3 months newer than mine. I'm already seeing that my battery life is 10% worse than hers. My battery will have usage for max 8 hours and hers will last for 10-11. I'm hoping to install a fresh copy of iOS and see the results.

neonlex

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iOS and iMore! You can find loads of app lists on iMore! Also, check out App Store's featured apps and categories!

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. I can see that this is going to be a friendly and helpful forum to be a part of.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus is also my first stab at the iPhone realm. I have been pleasantly surprised. I used to do sales and marketing for the wireless industry, and I disliked everything about the iPhone. The build, the lack of Adobe Flash, the lack of free apps (at the time), and the inability to change batteries. It seems, since the passing of Jobs, that Apple is making products that more of the consumers want instead of the products that Jobs told them they wanted.
I switched to the iPhone 6 plus simply because my Subaru Outback did not work well with Android devices. Of course, I did my research first then decided to give it a try. This phone rocks! The battery life is amazing, there is no more glass on the back, the UI is very easy to get used to (I used to sell them and set them up. So, the transition was fairly seemless), the integration with my Google account (you used to have to set it up as an exchange email to get it to sync all of your contacts), and the apps seem to be more intuitive on Apple than they are on Android.
I am glad I made the switch. I am not saying I'll never go back to Android, or even Windows for that matter, but for now I am a fanboy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2