iPhone 6 Plus Battery Life

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got off a hour long phone call. When I started my phone was at 99%. When I finished it was 98%. I was surprised. I thought it would go to 90% or a little less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phone calls don't use much battery since the screen is off.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Phone calls would put a nice dent in my 5S battery. Way more than 1% on a hour call. More like 15-20%.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any battery life issues until today. I had full charge when I woke up this morning. Then watched 6 episodes of a show on Netflix and was down to 20 percent after just a couple of hours.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any battery life issues until today. I had full charge when I woke up this morning. Then watched 6 episodes of a show on Netflix and was down to 20 percent after just a couple of hours.

What did you expect it to be at after all that streaming?

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my 6 Plus has always been great. I took my phone off the charger this morning around 9:00 and it just dropped to 20%.

Been using it pretty heavily. I also used navigation for a couple hours without plugging it in & I still had no problems getting through the day. If your battery life is still bad, maybe make a trip to the Apple Store, they can run a battery diagnostic & let you know for sure.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1419827756.252831.jpg

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, after charging to full and a reset, battery much improved today. I used it less than usual but not tons less. Hopefully, it stays like this moving forward.

deb305c0f7d87e8cc2e665d52281e21b.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you within your return window? If so, then yes. Otherwise, you can post something in craigslist to see if folks want to trade.

That's exactly how I got my 6 Plus! Shoot, Craigslist is how I get ALL of my phones! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Me too. But you need to be very very careful. So many scammers out there.

Very true! I've never gotten scammed but I know it happens. I have a two fold verification method in requirement of the ESN to check before hand and determine if it's even worth meeting in addition to requiring we meet at Verizon for activation

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Very true! I've never gotten scammed but I know it happens. I have a two fold verification method in requirement of the ESN to check before hand and determine if it's even worth meeting in addition to requiring we meet at Verizon for activation

Please share your two fold method.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Please share your two fold method.

Haha. That was it. Lol

1. I need to ESN to do a pre-check

2. We meet at verizon to have this do a check at the point of transaction

If check the ESN inside the phone against what I've already checked after we meet. Not a great deal you can do until you meet and have the device in hand. Been transacting this way for years now

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

What do you expect? Videos with the screen constantly on will put a nice dent in the battery

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Haha. That was it. Lol

1. I need to ESN to do a pre-check

2. We meet at verizon to have this do a check at the point of transaction

If check the ESN inside the phone against what I've already checked after we meet. Not a great deal you can do until you meet and have the device in hand. Been transacting this way for years now

Only thing now with payment plans, it can be "clean" when you buy it, then a Month or two later they decide to stop paying and you have a paperweight.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Only thing now with payment plans, it can be "clean" when you buy it, then a Month or two later they decide to stop paying and you have a paperweight.

Hmmm. Not the impression I got from the CS rep when I was in the process of getting my 6. They had me thinking that an Edge user could so whatever they wanted with the device but if they opted to edge up, they had to turn in the device that they originally got on the edge program

Food for my thought though

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Not the impression I got from the CS rep when I was in the process of getting my 6. They had me thinking that an Edge user could so whatever they wanted with the device but if they opted to edge up, they had to turn in the device that they originally got on the edge program

Food for my thought though

They can do whatever. But if they stop paying and don't have the device, it gets blacklisted

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen