Music app opens

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to disable the music app from automatically opening and playing a song when I connect my iPhone to my car stereo via USB.

I use Beats music and Google Play Music as my music players. And it's getting really annoying now that everytime I connect my phone to the stereo the same Slam song plays from the Stock Music app even though I don't have any music on the device.

Nexus ONE

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
This was an issue with Android as well. I think it is more a fault of our cars than the phones. I use Bluetooth as well.

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't have blueetooth on my car stereo. I never had this issue on my android devices.

I think it's Apple making the music app as the default player and automatically launching it and playing when you connect audio through USB. There should be a way to disable it.

Nexus ONE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try this: On your phone,
Go to Settings >Cellular >Use Cellular Data For:> Toggle OFF Music.
Someone said that works. ?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Try this: On your phone,
Go to Settings >Cellular >Use Cellular Data For:> Toggle OFF Music.
Someone said that works. ?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Thanks I'll try that today. I hope it works

UPDATE: it worked. You sir are an angel sent from the heavens above. Thank you.

Nexus ONE

Last edited:

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I have 3,000 songs on the stock iPhone music app. When I get in the car and plug in the USB cable (the method I use to send audio to my car speakers) the music starts playing automatically. And it's always the same song. The first one alphabetically in my library. :)

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have 3,000 songs on the stock iPhone music app. When I get in the car and plug in the USB cable (the method I use to send audio to my car speakers) the music starts playing automatically. And it's always the same song. The first one alphabetically in my library. :)

The method I tried only works of you don't have any music. I don't think there is currently away to prevent the stock music app to automatically start playing.

Nexus ONE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73