Passbook and loyalty cards

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Is there a secret to adding your loyalty cards into Passbook? I've tried several loyalty cards, and the barcode scanner never seems to be able top capture the barcode.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Some loyalty cards aren't supported by Passbook. Unless you download the app associated with the loyalty card and they have access to add it to Passbook.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that Passbook was not intended to be another loyalty card app. Also, I recall having to use the "add to passbook" option to get things into passbook. An app like stocard may be best served for loyalty cards, in my opinion.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It does promote the fact that it can load loyalty cards, and it even tells you which scanners will not work as well when you show the barcode on the screen. I've loaded a few credit cards on it, but the loyalty cards are a pain.

Jim Klinck

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It only works if there is an app on the phone that can "talk" to passbook. If you have the Starbucks app and card you can load it into passbook from the Starbucks app. Similarly you can put a United Boarding pass into passbook from their app if you do advanced checkin with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2