Problem sending texts

cmcfarland82

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I send some and they go through and some don't. Doesn't matter if iMessage or not.. Is there a setting I need to switch? Thanks in advance

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is your wifi or cellular signal strong? You might try Reset Network Settings.
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Also try signing out of iMessage. Restart your phone then sign back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue the other day and what I think fixed it was logging out of iCloud completely, restarting, and logging back in. Kind of a pain in the whatsit, but at least things started working again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think Imessage worked. We shall see. Thanks

You stated it did not work some whether iMessage or not. That told me it messed up some on SMS as well. So turning iMessage off and back on or signing out makes no sense. If it were just an iMessage problem it would.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iCloud has nothing to do with messages. Stay signed in to iCloud. It sounds like you have a poor signal issue. Maybe. Either WiFi or cellular. Does everything else work ok? Can you access the Internet? Is it a new phone? Is it set up properly? What Phone is it? iPhone 6?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
iCloud has nothing to do with messages.

That may be, but for some reason, only after signing completely out of iCloud (and out of iMessage & Facetime), and then starting from the beginning was I able to get it to start working again. Hard resets/reboots, network resets, etc., did nothing. Who knows, it may have just been a timing thing where iCloud started working at some point without anything I did affecting it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That may be, but for some reason, only after signing completely out of iCloud (and out of iMessage & Facetime), and then starting from the beginning was I able to get it to start working again. Hard resets/reboots, network resets, etc., did nothing. Who knows, it may have just been a timing thing where iCloud started working at some point without anything I did affecting it.

Starting from square 1 does help many issues. And that does involve signing out of everything. Usually when there's an issue with messages, signing out of iMessage, rebooting, then signing back in does the trick. Glad it's fixed.

cmcfarland82

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It's a 6plus. Just got few days back. Worked fine first 2 days. Past 2 days this problem. It can be on LTE or 2 different wifi networks and still same thing. Works sometimes then other times don't

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm at a loss. I would take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar and let them check it out. If not Apple, a Carrier Store or a reputable repair shop. Your AppleCare should cover it. Get another phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've had to have the SIM card replaced before because it caused odd SMS (and some data) issues. As Led suggested, probably best to take into the Apple store (or carrier/authorized repair shop) for diagnosis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice