First, I should start off by saying that my 6+ arrives today......and I can't use it until Christmas It's gonna kill me haha.

Right now I have the 6. I got it on launch day and immediately downloaded third party keyboards (whenever they were available). I used to have a note 3 and really used the heck out of Swiftkey and loved it. But it was really buggy to me on the iphone. I realized it was the early days still and gave it time, but eventually stopped using it. I've since tried using it here and there and it still just isn't as consistent as it was on android. My question is, although I'm not a big one-handed user, having four kids under the age of ten, I still had no choice but to become one occasionally, and that's when I could use Swiftkey like a pro to send out texts. So I was planning on being able to do the same with the 6+ - when needed. So I just wanted to kind of gauge everyone's thoughts on alternate keyboards. Still buggy? Smoothing out? Best one to use?

Thanks
    12-16-2014 07:39 AM
    I like Swype
    GadgetMomma and mmohn01 like this.
    12-16-2014 07:44 AM
    I don't yet have a 6+, but on my iP 5, I like SwiftKey and TouchPal. They do tend to cause problems on the messages app. It freezes up several times a day. But I really hate the stock keyboard for various reasons, so I'm willing to put up with the messages app freezing up. It doesn't happen anywhere else. But unless they improve the stock keyboard, I'll likely use SwiftKey when I get the 6+.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-16-2014 08:00 AM
    I just started using SwiftKey again on a 6 Plus and it seems better than some of the other keyboards. I have about 9 loaded in. So far SwiftKey seems the most accurate of the bunch that I have. The predictive text is very good.
    Seems smooth to me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-16-2014 08:33 AM
    I just started using SwiftKey again on a 6 Plus and it seems better than some of the other keyboards. I have about 9 loaded in. So far SwiftKey seems the most accurate of the bunch that I have. The predictive text is very good.
    Seems smooth to me so far.

I like how the predictive dictionary for SwiftKey remembers email addresses. I can type the first 3 characters of my email address and the whole address shows in the center predictive box. I like that better than trying to remember all the shortcuts for the stock keyboard.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-16-2014 09:43 AM
    I guess I will try SwiftKey again. So far it doesn't exhibit some of the Swype annoyances.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-16-2014 07:06 PM
    I dig swype. It's a lot easier to use on this big sexy screen.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-16-2014 08:00 PM
    I just recently went back to swiftkey. It's much better than when iOS 8 was first released
    12-16-2014 08:08 PM
    Thank you all so much! I'll give Swiftkey a shot again first, because I loved it on android. Fingers crossed it's awesome in the 6+!!
    12-16-2014 10:16 PM
    Well, SwiftKey is not as accurate as Swype for me, so back to Swype I go.
    12-17-2014 11:23 PM
    I cant get it to save emails, or usernames using Swype

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-18-2014 08:16 AM
    Flesky

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    mark5019 likes this.
    12-18-2014 12:50 PM
    I've tried Swiftkey and Swype and neither have a microphone key, so they are a no-go for me. I loved both on Android though.

12-18-2014 10:09 PM
    I still prefer the stock keyboard (only by comparison). SwiftKey and Swype are nice, but I don't like the swipe keyboards on the 6 plus; just too much real estate to cover in a swipe for me. I've tried Fleksy but didn't really find it any easier to use than the stock keyboard (just my opinion). Only thing that is keeping Swiftkey on my phone is the holiday theme. Stupid reason, but it's the only excuse I have at the moment. The stock keyboard just works everywhere without any issues and I guess I've acclimated to it over the years. That's not to say I'll never change, just that I haven't found a compelling reason to change yet.
    12-23-2014 06:48 PM
    I liked Swiftkey on my S5 but for iPhone it doesn't have any of the options it does for Android. I am still using stock for now until I find something better as well !!!

Chief

12-23-2014 09:51 PM
    I switch between Swiftkey and stock. I wish Swiftkey had keyboard clicks!
    12-23-2014 09:53 PM