Dropped my iPhone 6 plus and nearly had a heart attack

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup the open bottom is why I didn't get the Apple leather case this year. I got my eyes on that Otter Box Symmetry. But I'm trying to cut down on the case purchases this year. I was going to try and sell my 5S cases but that can be a drag sometimes. So I just gave them to a family member that got a 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If my phone was "nude" when I dropped it, who knows how badly damaged it would of been. I'm grateful I had a case

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

I actually dropped my 6 Plus this morning on the same hard tile floor that I shattered my 5 and 5S screens on. Bottom left corner got a good licking and the the screen popped out from that corner. I had to snap it back in. It works fine. I'll take pics later and post. I switched to my 6 and left the Plus at home today.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually dropped my 6 Plus this morning on the same hard tile floor that I shattered my 5 and 5S screens on. Bottom left corner got a good licking and the the screen popped out from that corner. I had to snap it back in. It works fine. I'll take pics later and post. I switched to my 6 and left the Plus at home today.

Woah. That would of given me a heart attack lol. I guess some people aren't affected by damaging there divides and think" it's just a phone".
Man I'll never understand that.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Woah. That would of given me a heart attack lol. I guess some people aren't affected by damaging there divides and think" it's just a phone".
Man I'll never understand that.

For me it's just that I know it won't be expensive to replace if I ever truly F'd it up. Once I was on my last replacement I'd be more careful.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am using the official Apple case in black, it offers no protection for the screen or the bottom of the device. I think I will start looking for a new case

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once :( the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh I dropped my iPhone also, more than once :( the very first time I just had a crappy silicone case, I dropped it at the gym on the treadmill and then it went flying until it hit the wall!
It's okay, I'm glad I have insurance!
Now I use a Symmetry Otter Box

Any dents or scuffs

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the symmetry and have dropped my phone a few times because it's sooo slick. Today my tempered glass screen protector took a rock face first and saved my screen.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Apple Leather case, but took it off yesterday and put on a Spigen super slim case and guess what, dropped it face down last night while getting out of my buddy's truck. Needless to say I have to go make a claim with my Apple Care today. My Zagg glass didn't save me, actually the Zagg is perfectly fine, the screen under it is destroyed though.

I thought I could get away with not using a case, or using the thinnest cases available for my Plus but I am now going to go with an Otter Box Symmetry now, I learned my lesson.

I've had every other iPhone (except 5s/5c), never had a very protective case and NEVER shattered a screen or broke my phone before, and also never had Apple Care, so I feel pretty lucky that I purchased Apple Care when I bought my 6 Plus because I had a feeling this would be the one I dropped and broke.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 6 plus last night too :( I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my 6 plus last night too :( I was late to meet a friend and trying to rush down the road. I dropped my 6 plus front facing up onto the pavement. It was in the silicone Apple case and luckily there was no damage at all! Not a blemish. Only the case got a few chips. However I think I'll order an otter box because I might not be so lucky in the future.

Thank God the screen didn't crack or else it would of been a big deal.

funkyDJ

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello people. Oh gosh were do I start. I was walking to the bus stop with earphones in my ears connected to my phone, then shortly the bus arrived. Has a grab for my wallet where my phone was the cord to the earphones pulled out of the phone and my iPhone feel bottom down onto the ground.
I had the apple leather case, and as we know there is no protection on the bottom of the case.
Man.......
As I quickly inspected my phone when I got into the bus, I noticed near the charging port I had a small scuff dent. I felt so sad because this is the first time I've dropped my baby accidentally....
Oh well....
I don't use the apple leather case any more because of this incident. I need more protection
I bought myself an outterbox case on the same day....

How sad...

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Dude don't cry... It's just a phone... Mine has scratches on top corners and some on the back i don't care because if you're battery gives up or something apple just give you a new iphone or just buy a new housing.. But its just a phone someday it wil get scratches somewhere.. And yes i use a case as wel since i dropped mine at home

funkyDJ

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
People its just a PHONE it wont stay as new forever! If you dont want any damage put it back in the box and never touch it again...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh