I'm finally getting my 6 plus this weekend. Long time Android user. Loved my One M7. This will be my first iOS device.

What do you miss from Android? What do you need to get used to? And what helps in making the transition? I don't think the size will be an issue.

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    ambichetan likes this.
    12-11-2014 11:31 AM
    I've been on Android for years. I don't miss it one bit. The glitchy interface and force closing was getting out of hand.
    12-11-2014 11:33 AM
    I've had like two force closes across four handsets in the last three months. I don't nursemaid that much either.

What I primarily miss (which I don't, since I run all three major OS's all the time anyway) when I'm on iOS is the ability to do stuff more granular than IFTTT and also have all my widgets on the home screen. The obvious stuff, in other words. Actual app-wise, very little if anything I miss.

And perhaps, on a hardware level, that the M7 is way more indestructible than a 6 Plus
    12-11-2014 12:02 PM
    I'm a multi-platform user, as well, so I'm still using several Android devices along with my 6 Plus.

My real adjustment is coming in navigating the OS, specifically the lack of the back button. I'm struggling with using the Pocketmags app right now; the only way that I know of to get back to having access to each issue of a particular magazine is to close the app and reopen it.

I've noticed that many converts say that apps are more polished in iOS than they are in Android. More polished in aesthetics doesn't equal better function, though. The Swype keyboard on iOS doesn't show the symbols on the letter keys, even though they are still there. One of my game apps doesn't calculate the score properly on my iPhone, but is fine on the Android phones that I can play it on.

Overall, I am enjoying the iPhone more this time around than I did when I had the iPhone 4. The larger screen and the choice of keyboards make the device usable for me now. I'm still missing full NFC functionality on the iPhone, though.
    12-11-2014 12:33 PM
    I miss the.... Can't think of anything... I missed the iPhone the whole time I had my s5 and the only iPhone I ever had was the 5.
    HAWK likes this.
    12-11-2014 11:44 PM
    Nothing, I'm use both.
    anon(5061193) and Aubbre4 like this.
    12-12-2014 12:25 AM
    I have the note 4 and iPhone 6 and honestly thinking about selling my note cause I really don't prefer anything about my note. I may sell the note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Evilguppy likes this.
    12-12-2014 12:33 AM
    Me kinda wondering y was i hooked that long to a android device

DeeMat likes this.
    12-12-2014 02:50 AM
    I have a note 4 and a 6 + so I don't miss anything really. I will say that I do prefer having a dedicated back button. Sounds trivial but it's so much easier. I like being able to put widgets on any screen I want. The whole ringtone thing is much easier on android as well. At the same time, I really do enjoy iOS and the phone is an excellent piece of hardware. I couldn't live with just one os though lol. I don't get any force closing on my note 4 or any android phone I've had.
    DeeMat and anon(5061193) like this.
    12-12-2014 05:14 AM
    Had the note 4 Not as smooth as iOS that's my biggest complaint. I hate lag on phones And the note 4 has it. 6 plus seems more polished then the note 4.
    12-12-2014 05:37 AM
    I think I just miss all the extra RAM my Note 3 had. For web browsing with a lot of tabs, it was ideal really.

Though I still use my Note 3, it was just to enormous to be used as a phone.
    12-12-2014 07:17 AM
    The 6+ is actually bigger than my note 4 lol. Smaller screen but the iPhone is actually a little taller.
    12-12-2014 10:22 AM
    Nothing.
    12-12-2014 01:13 PM
    I've used Android, BlackBerry and iOS. But, in all honesty, there isn't anything I miss about Android. For almost two years straight I used BlackBerry (BB10), and thus used Snap for apps. I'm just happy to be using a device that simply works, and has a plethora of apps and developers, too.
    12-12-2014 01:37 PM
    No. It's pretty strange considering that I used android for almost 3 years. I thought I'd miss it more because when I got the 5S earlier this year I missed android too much and went back.
    12-12-2014 01:57 PM
    As others have said, I miss the "Back" button. I also miss the Whoscall app, which was a caller ID and blocking app.
    12-12-2014 02:18 PM
    Myself I don't miss Android. Give iOS a fair chance and I think you'll be satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ron Hites likes this.
    12-12-2014 02:54 PM
    I have the note 4 and iPhone 6 and honestly thinking about selling my note cause I really don't prefer anything about my note. I may sell the note

I did the same thing previously had a note 4 but couldn't get used to Android and how glitchy it was so I went back to the 6 plus
    12-12-2014 04:07 PM
    Right now, the only thing I miss is some of the advanced features of SwiftKey that haven't made it onto the iOS version yet.
    12-12-2014 04:24 PM
    I'm finally getting my 6 plus this weekend. Long time Android user. Loved my One M7. This will be my first iOS device.

What do you miss from Android? What do you need to get used to? And what helps in making the transition? I don't think the size will be an issue.

Posted via the Android iMore App!
    Choice. I loved having the option to have just about every screen size/finish/storage/camera and the likes. With iPhone you have 1 choice (well 2 now with the 6/6+) but other than that you get what you get.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-12-2014 06:42 PM
    I did the same thing previously had a note 4 but couldn't get used to Android and how glitchy it was so I went back to the 6 plus

*touchwiz is glitchy, not android. Skins are the reason android is so buggy, nexus devices always had much less issues than devices with heavy skins on top ala samsung devices.
    grover5 and cbobb123 like this.
    12-12-2014 06:43 PM
    I can honestly say I don't miss anything. I had a S4 and every time I look at I cringe. I laugh at my husband and all the issues he's currently having with his Android.
    12-13-2014 12:28 PM
    I'm miss quite a bit from my moto x to be honest. The biggest things: the ability to make my home screen like I want it, widgets, set default apps and the active display (that's a big one). iOS is well polished and it looks great, but it still lacks in some critical areas of functionality for me personally. I've been on android since 09 and I didn't think it would be that much of a change but its a bit more than I can handle so I think I'm going back to android. However, I still have a few days before my 14 days are up so I'm still going to use it and see what happens.
    12-13-2014 10:57 PM
    I miss the ability to customize my home screen, but that's about it.
    12-13-2014 11:18 PM
    I miss quite a few things, like a file manager and the ability to load documents onto the phone from the computer. I miss the large clock widget and all my widgets. I miss the homescreen rotating through all the screens and going from the last screen to the first. I miss the restart option instead of just power off and I miss the way Swiftkey works on Android....probably some more little things.
    12-13-2014 11:27 PM
168 123 ...