Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm the complete opposite. I despise the battery life on the iPhone 6 when I had for the short time I did. I have the Note 4 currently and my battery life lasts about 2 days with 6-8 hours of screen on time. I do use the Ultra Power Saving Mode while sleeping. I'm still contemplating whether or not to get the iPhone 6+ (a line on my account is eligible for upgrade) but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Android was buggy in the past, but I've had the Note 4 for a while now and have had absolutely no problems. I just occasionally miss iOS. I think I would also miss the stylus on my Note 4. The thing I thought I wouldn't use, I use quite a bit.

Stylus?
"God gives you 10 natural stylus you can use on, so you should never have the need of an artificial stylus" Steve Jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to believe that but possible.
If you can mane some 2-3 functions that S Pen can do that fingers can not achieve on an iDevice.

The stylus on the the note series is more than just a simple stylus. It has extra hardware and software functions, I had a note3 and the stylus features were good and from my understanding they gotten better on the 4.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The stylus on the the note series is more than just a simple stylus. It has extra hardware and software functions, I had a note3 and the stylus features were good and from my understanding they gotten better on the 4.

If those are the function the S Pen can do, then Steve Jobs was right about my god given 10 natural stylus for the iDevice as my fingers house load of functions for the iDevices. Not only I can type with fingers, I can also achieve lot more... I can't think of anything stylus on note3 can do that my fingers can not do on iDevices today. I should even say that god given natural stylus is more powerful than artificial stylus on note3. But then if you feel stylus it greater than fingers on you note3 than fingers, there you go as that's what I would do. As for me iDevice doesn't need stylus, not even for drawing on the iPad provide the said app is well designed to interact with fingers.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If those are the function the S Pen can do, then Steve Jobs was right about my god given 10 natural stylus for the iDevice as my fingers house load of functions for the iDevices. Not only I can type with fingers, I can also achieve lot more... I can't think of anything stylus on note3 can do that my fingers can not do on iDevices today. I should even say that god given natural stylus is more powerful than artificial stylus on note3. But then if you feel stylus it greater than fingers on you note3 than fingers, there you go as that's what I would do. As for me iDevice doesn't need stylus, not even for drawing on the iPad provide the said app is well designed to interact with fingers.

Spell check homie, look like those natural stylus let you down again lol, and it looks like you didn't clearly read my reply to you where you stated that the stylus is not more powerful than your fingers. Ok can you hover your finger over your screen, click the side button on your finger and have a menu pop up? Also can you tap the screen with your finger then hit the side button on your finger to take a screenshot? So the statement was the spen has more functionality than a finger.

Sent from my grey *** iPhone 6 plus.

Last edited:

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I came from a Note 3, then briefly a Note 4, then LG G3 and now to iPhone 6 plus. Love it. I thought I'd miss a lot more from Android like widgets but I don't. I thought I'd even miss swiftkey keyboard but not much.

I have to say the overall experience on my iPhone 6 plus has been more enjoyable than on any of the three androids above. Maybe its due to the ecosystem (wife and kids all have iPhones) or just how smooth and easy everything is on iOS. But I don't see myself going back to android anytime soon.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Spell check homie, look like those natural stylus let you down again lol, and it looks like you didn't clearly read my reply to you where you stated that the stylus is not more powerful than your fingers. Ok can you hover your finger over your screen, click the side button on you finger and have a menu pop up? Also can you tap the screen with you finger then hit the side button on you finger to take a screenshot? So the statement was the spen has more functionality than a finger.

Sent from my gold *** iPhone 6 plus.

Ok ok, you are right about it. I respect your experience and what you are defending. Let's just enjoy our devices the best way it's comfortable to each one then.

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my 6 plus for a week but I do miss some things. I can get by without most widgets, though I did really enjoy them, but I really miss having my calendar widget just out. I'm Forgetful so it was nice having a reminder sort of in my face. I also think copy and paste flows better on android. Just easier to do. I think someone else said that they missed being able to put apps where they want on the screen and I really agree. My android phones usually didn't have many apps out just a couple folders. I have folders on the iPhone as well so it has a more clean look but wishing I could move them to the bottom or even four corners so they aren't all just in a line up top. Other than that, I think the phone is great. Battery is insane, screen is better (in my opinion) than on my note 4 and I like the design.

Maryth91

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I miss not being part of the Apple monopoly. Being in Google+ testing communities. Apple makes it so hard to do anything. But then again, they convinced me to get their device....I have reached the Dark Side :p

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Every time I go from my Note 4 to my 6+ I miss:
Being able to put apps where I want, Hate auto arrange.
Widgets (lock screen widgets aren't real widgets. The calendar widget and weather widget on screen shot shows what a REAL widget is.
Swipe keyboard. They way they added it to iOS 8 is a complete joke and worthless/useless.
Customization: Note 4 infinite, iPhone ... wallpaper and how many apps are on the screen... that's it...
Even something as simple as Zedge: I can apply any ringtone, text tone etc right from the app, with iOS you have to do some weird iTunes Physical sync just to use them. That's just Dumb.

When I reverse and go Note 4, what do I miss from iOS ... umm ..... nothing that I can think of.
I work for apple and one person Hates iPhone with a passion, but loves macs, and since the release of the iPhone 6, 8 people switched to android simply because they hated the look and feel of the 6/6+ and there are 9-10 others that have always used android.

Clean SS for post.jpg

Bobinnv

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
One very particular thing I find I'm missing: on Android, if you set an alarm to go off at say 8 pm, an hour or so before 8 you get a notification that there will be an alarm at 8 - and you can dismiss the alarm from the notification before it goes off.

I haven't seen a way to do this on IOS - you have to wait for the alarm to go off, then dismiss it. Not a really big deal, but irritating.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The fact that if I want my phone to vibrate when it rings, this also means that I have to have my alarm vibrate when it goes off, too.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've only had my 6 plus for a week but I do miss some things. I can get by without most widgets, though I did really enjoy them, but I really miss having my calendar widget just out. I'm Forgetful so it was nice having a reminder sort of in my face. I also think copy and paste flows better on android. Just easier to do. I think someone else said that they missed being able to put apps where they want on the screen and I really agree. My android phones usually didn't have many apps out just a couple folders. I have folders on the iPhone as well so it has a more clean look but wishing I could move them to the bottom or even four corners so they aren't all just in a line up top. Other than that, I think the phone is great. Battery is insane, screen is better (in my opinion) than on my note 4 and I like the design.

Forgot about this. I hate not being able to have folders or move apps wherever I want on the screen. Let us out the apps at the bottom half of the screen. I'm with you on this.

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I switched from an Android 2 years ago and i do not miss it at all. The iPhone is so easy to use and so flawless. The android was just too messy for me and s l o w

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
What do I miss from Android? Well, there's little things but I can easily overlook it. However, if you want to know what I miss, I'll tell you.

On many Android phones, if you pull down on the status bar you get a menu of functions you can turn off; WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. Yes, I know that the iPhone has something similar but let me go on. If you tap and hold the WiFi button on Android it opens up the settings app directly to the WiFi settings page, this doesn't happen on the iPhone. Same goes for the Bluetooth button. If Apple can get this on iOS it would be great.

But other than that, iOS is perfect!

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I miss being able to move mp3s from Dropbox to my phone's internal storage, and vice versa. That's pretty much it. I DON'T miss the boatload of Samsung bloat..... 😜

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I still use Android along with IOS. I've only been using IOS for a week so far. I can't say that I hate it but I can't say that I love it either. What I can say is I'm trying it. Definitely a nice phone. There are several things that I would miss if I completely gave up Android I would like to see  incorporate.
1. Ability to assign individual tones to each installed app
2. Ability to silence tones while on a phone call without having to activate on or before each call. ( picture included to show what I'm talking about )
3. Back button
4. Ability to add widgets to home screen so I don't actually have to enter the app to see what I want to look at ( Biggie for me )

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone 6 plus is a nice phone and I am enjoying the learning experience.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1424879384.155589.jpg
If you uncheck this box, you don't have to worry about any tones blasting while on a call ever.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox