Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

GuyWith4Kids

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I miss the following and still undecided if it is enough to go back:

1. Sound profiles. I hate having to go into settings to turn off vibration, etc.
2. Changing default apps
3. Home screen widgets. I love being able to see my next appointment without having to pull down the notification drawer.
4. Google Now
5. Android notifications. So much better than iOS

Things I really like about the iPhone:

1. App quality. Android is getting better but still not there
2. iMessage is so prevalent with my co-workers and friends that it always felt like I was on an island without it
3. Accessories. iPhone have so many more choices of accessories
4. I hate to admit it but the fashion and cool factor. So many more people I know have iPhones.
5. Updates. Apple is still so much better at updates

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
file manager, just drop my videos in easily. Download music and videos easily like desktop.

iTunes -> dragging in videos not easy.

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I missed was the Swiftkey keyboard. I keep typing a period instead of a space on the 6+. So annoying. But downloading the Swiftkey app has made everything awesome again. :)

mikaddo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Swype on my iPhone 6 plus has bugs and no microphone for dictation. I just switched from my old reliable Note 2. Other than that, this is a great phone.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to jump to a 6 Plus after a long stint with Android (primarily been an Android user for the last 4 years or so, but have used a 5S, 5, 4S, and 4). I know I'm going to miss some of the customization, the overall Google integration (as I'm heavily invested in Google), sharing, and the ease to add ringtones and alerts. But I also know I'm not going to miss wondering what the next great phone will do, or how it will eventually let me down - which is why I'm looking at ditching my Nexus 6 for the 6 Plus.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't actually miss anything from Android phones because I've primarily been an iPhone user for the past few years. But if there is one thing I'm envious of is the Google Now integration with devices. I think Google Now is really, really great and had no problem with Google using my web history for it. The trade-off was absolutely worth it. I used it on my Note 3 last year much more than I ever use Siri.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
After trying to dial names so many times and realizing that apple doesn't allow this I'm adding that to the list. Having to go to contacts app or use spotlight just isn't that elegant.

selena650

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I sorta miss the customization and the fact android is an open source. Yesterday I just got the iphone 6 plus after trading in my nexus 5

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't actually miss anything from Android phones because I've primarily been an iPhone user for the past few years. But if there is one thing I'm envious of is the Google Now integration with devices. I think Google Now is really, really great and had no problem with Google using my web history for it. The trade-off was absolutely worth it. I used it on my Note 3 last year much more than I ever use Siri.
Yes, Google Now works quite well and is helpful on Android. I've been experimenting with it on the 6+, and early on (been using it a few days), the functionality and accuracy seem to be less/more limited.

I do miss the file system, full sharing capabilities, email client that can handle attachments, stylus (Note 3) and widget/additional features that Android (TouchWiz in my case) bring compared to iOS. There are more things I miss from Android, but the list might get too long to note here.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Battery life, file system, external memory, and my Moto g had a great fm radio.

Hmm haven't seen anyone ever say they miss the battery life on Android. Mostly it's all complaints about battery life even the Nexus 6 is experiencing some less than stellar results. On all my Android phones that I owned battery life was something I always was wrestling with.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

wbertacchini

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
The more modern Android devices have much improved battery lives, just like the newest Apple devices. I downgraded from a modern Android device to an iPhone 4s, mainly to get iMessages from friends. If there was an iMessage app for android I would still be using my Moto G.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm haven't seen anyone ever say they miss the battery life on Android. Mostly it's all complaints about battery life even the Nexus 6 is experiencing some less than stellar results. On all my Android phones that I owned battery life was something I always was wrestling with.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I'm the complete opposite. I despise the battery life on the iPhone 6 when I had for the short time I did. I have the Note 4 currently and my battery life lasts about 2 days with 6-8 hours of screen on time. I do use the Ultra Power Saving Mode while sleeping. I'm still contemplating whether or not to get the iPhone 6+ (a line on my account is eligible for upgrade) but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Android was buggy in the past, but I've had the Note 4 for a while now and have had absolutely no problems. I just occasionally miss iOS. I think I would also miss the stylus on my Note 4. The thing I thought I wouldn't use, I use quite a bit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2