Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
i miss the inability to share photos and other stuff in whatsapp or any other app without being on the app...
Like sending a picture with whatsapp from the camera gallery!

That's what scares me. I'm considering the leap to a 6s+ for my next phone, but I use the share menu in Android so much. I don't think I can deal without it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what scares me. I'm considering the leap to a 6s+ for my next phone, but I use the share menu in Android so much. I don't think I can deal without it.

I was concerned about this as well. I have not had any issues though. Sharing has improved quite a bit. I have not had a situation that frustrated me like I did a few years ago. Sharing is not what it is on android but so far I have been able to do what I need to do. I guess it depends on how you use sharing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I missed the push email for gmail. But I since learned a workaround so it is no longer a issue. I'm all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know that but I needed better alerts than what come with the app. So I had to use something else. Due to my work I can get called in at anytime. So I needed the most obnoxious alerts for the middle of the night lol. The Gmail app you cannot change the alert tone unless I missed it.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I miss the seamless Google integration. And Google Now from any screen. I can do much of the same things with the Google App but it's slightly clunkier.

I miss Android notifications too. I could delete email right from my notification tray.

The Gmail app on iOS is a little buggy. I use two accounts, one for work and one for personal, switching back and forth a lot. Often it'll get stuck loading one of the accounts and I need to close and restart the app. I just use Mailbox on iOS because I also like that quite a bit.

There's lots about iOS that I like though, so it's not all bad. :)

tnstra

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I miss the little blinking LED notification light … the back button … the micro sd card slot … the ease of moving ringtones alarms pictures etc on and off device …

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
But they were some features that s/he enjoyed on an Android phone that are not present on an iPhone.

Android is an OS, not a phone. A blinking LED and SD cards are not features of an OS. They are hardware features. This thread is about the Android OS, not phones.

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Multi platform user here. I still use an Android tablet and phone, also have an original iPad mini as well. What I miss on my iPhone is probably rather stupid. I miss the AT&T All Access widget that shows my data usage. On Android that one is easy. I see that the Verizon widget for the iPhone works to show data on the pull down menu but not the one for AT&T. Maybe they will add that one day.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Android is an OS, not a phone. A blinking LED and SD cards are not features of an OS. They are hardware features. This thread is about the Android OS, not phones.

Then maybe the thread is just mistitled. "Those coming from Android Phones..."

The lights, the SD cards are all part of one's Android experience that they don't get on iOS. Not everyone's experience, but many people's.

slvrbul

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I miss is rooting and hacking. I could jailbreak new iPhone but thought I would hold off if do it at all. I will also miss the new Lollipop that is coming out.

Chief

MarkY3130

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I miss being able to select the default apps to be used. Like setting Google maps as the default, or a different browser, etc.

I miss a few other things from time to time, but the defaults I really miss.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I miss being able to select the default apps to be used. Like setting Google maps as the default, or a different browser, etc.

I miss a few other things from time to time, but the defaults I really miss.

This one is annoying to me as well. I'd love to tell Siri to Navigate to... and have it launch Google Maps. I use the Google Now app to do this as a workaround.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73