I still use both quite frequently. I have my 6 plus, and a Nexus 6. The primary thing I miss when being on Android is iMessage. I have a lot of friends and family on iOS, so iMessage is a big deal. Also, I'm afraid to enable iMessage even when using iOS because when I want to disable it again.. I get stuck in limbo and start missing texts from iOS users.

What I miss most from Android? Not being able to use my smartwatch. C'mon Apple Watch!!
    I felt the same way about iMessage until Apple released the iMessage removal tool.
    01-01-2015 06:02 PM
    I miss the following and still undecided if it is enough to go back:

1. Sound profiles. I hate having to go into settings to turn off vibration, etc.
    2. Changing default apps
    3. Home screen widgets. I love being able to see my next appointment without having to pull down the notification drawer.
    4. Google Now
    5. Android notifications. So much better than iOS

Things I really like about the iPhone:

1. App quality. Android is getting better but still not there
    2. iMessage is so prevalent with my co-workers and friends that it always felt like I was on an island without it
    3. Accessories. iPhone have so many more choices of accessories
    4. I hate to admit it but the fashion and cool factor. So many more people I know have iPhones.
    5. Updates. Apple is still so much better at updates
    01-02-2015 09:15 PM
    I love my 6 plus. ..but also love my Droid Turbo. .

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    01-02-2015 10:28 PM
    Replaceable battery [maybe]...
    Miss having contact on home page as an icon i could just hit n it called the person.
    01-05-2015 01:06 PM
    I miss the widgets but I love how clean the apps run on the iPhone and just the iPhone it's self
    01-06-2015 01:35 AM
    file manager, just drop my videos in easily. Download music and videos easily like desktop.

iTunes -> dragging in videos not easy.
    01-06-2015 07:53 AM
    The only thing I missed was the Swiftkey keyboard. I keep typing a period instead of a space on the 6+. So annoying. But downloading the Swiftkey app has made everything awesome again.
    01-06-2015 02:48 PM
    All of mine are OS features not tied to any specific phone.
    01-08-2015 03:05 PM
    Swype on my iPhone 6 plus has bugs and no microphone for dictation. I just switched from my old reliable Note 2. Other than that, this is a great phone.
    01-11-2015 12:40 PM
    I'm about to jump to a 6 Plus after a long stint with Android (primarily been an Android user for the last 4 years or so, but have used a 5S, 5, 4S, and 4). I know I'm going to miss some of the customization, the overall Google integration (as I'm heavily invested in Google), sharing, and the ease to add ringtones and alerts. But I also know I'm not going to miss wondering what the next great phone will do, or how it will eventually let me down - which is why I'm looking at ditching my Nexus 6 for the 6 Plus.
    01-13-2015 02:36 PM
    I don't actually miss anything from Android phones because I've primarily been an iPhone user for the past few years. But if there is one thing I'm envious of is the Google Now integration with devices. I think Google Now is really, really great and had no problem with Google using my web history for it. The trade-off was absolutely worth it. I used it on my Note 3 last year much more than I ever use Siri.
    Trees likes this.
    01-13-2015 02:54 PM
    After trying to dial names so many times and realizing that apple doesn't allow this I'm adding that to the list. Having to go to contacts app or use spotlight just isn't that elegant.
    01-14-2015 01:39 AM
    I sorta miss the customization and the fact android is an open source. Yesterday I just got the iphone 6 plus after trading in my nexus 5
    01-14-2015 02:28 AM
    I don't actually miss anything from Android phones because I've primarily been an iPhone user for the past few years. But if there is one thing I'm envious of is the Google Now integration with devices. I think Google Now is really, really great and had no problem with Google using my web history for it. The trade-off was absolutely worth it. I used it on my Note 3 last year much more than I ever use Siri.
    Yes, Google Now works quite well and is helpful on Android. I've been experimenting with it on the 6+, and early on (been using it a few days), the functionality and accuracy seem to be less/more limited.

I do miss the file system, full sharing capabilities, email client that can handle attachments, stylus (Note 3) and widget/additional features that Android (TouchWiz in my case) bring compared to iOS. There are more things I miss from Android, but the list might get too long to note here.
    01-14-2015 08:53 AM
    Miss being able to put icons wherever i want

---
    iPhone 6 Plus
    21stNow and Trees like this.
    01-14-2015 05:06 PM

---
    iPhone 6 Plus
    This
    01-14-2015 05:06 PM

---
    iPhone 6 Plus
    My wife REFUSES to use an iOS device until they change this.
    01-14-2015 11:32 PM
    Battery life, file system, external memory, and my Moto g had a great fm radio.
    01-15-2015 12:36 AM
    Battery life, file system, external memory, and my Moto g had a great fm radio.
    Hmm haven't seen anyone ever say they miss the battery life on Android. Mostly it's all complaints about battery life even the Nexus 6 is experiencing some less than stellar results. On all my Android phones that I owned battery life was something I always was wrestling with.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    01-16-2015 06:43 AM
    The more modern Android devices have much improved battery lives, just like the newest Apple devices. I downgraded from a modern Android device to an iPhone 4s, mainly to get iMessages from friends. If there was an iMessage app for android I would still be using my Moto G.
    01-16-2015 07:25 AM
    Hmm haven't seen anyone ever say they miss the battery life on Android. Mostly it's all complaints about battery life even the Nexus 6 is experiencing some less than stellar results. On all my Android phones that I owned battery life was something I always was wrestling with.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    I'm the complete opposite. I despise the battery life on the iPhone 6 when I had for the short time I did. I have the Note 4 currently and my battery life lasts about 2 days with 6-8 hours of screen on time. I do use the Ultra Power Saving Mode while sleeping. I'm still contemplating whether or not to get the iPhone 6+ (a line on my account is eligible for upgrade) but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Android was buggy in the past, but I've had the Note 4 for a while now and have had absolutely no problems. I just occasionally miss iOS. I think I would also miss the stylus on my Note 4. The thing I thought I wouldn't use, I use quite a bit.
    01-17-2015 09:15 AM
    I'm the complete opposite. I despise the battery life on the iPhone 6 when I had for the short time I did. I have the Note 4 currently and my battery life lasts about 2 days with 6-8 hours of screen on time. I do use the Ultra Power Saving Mode while sleeping. I'm still contemplating whether or not to get the iPhone 6+ (a line on my account is eligible for upgrade) but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Android was buggy in the past, but I've had the Note 4 for a while now and have had absolutely no problems. I just occasionally miss iOS. I think I would also miss the stylus on my Note 4. The thing I thought I wouldn't use, I use quite a bit.
    Stylus?
    "God gives you 10 natural stylus you can use on, so you should never have the need of an artificial stylus" Steve Jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-17-2015 11:47 AM
    Stylus?
    "God gives you 10 natural stylus you can use on, so you should never have the need of an artificial stylus" Steve Jobs.

The S Pen has quite a few functions that our God given styli don't have.
    21stNow and jayk82 like this.
    01-17-2015 12:40 PM
    The S Pen has quite a few functions that our God given styli don't have.
    It's hard to believe that but possible.
    If you can mane some 2-3 functions that S Pen can do that fingers can not achieve on an iDevice.

01-17-2015 01:00 PM
    It's hard to believe that but possible.
    If you can mane some 2-3 functions that S Pen can do that fingers can not achieve on an iDevice.

The stylus on the the note series is more than just a simple stylus. It has extra hardware and software functions, I had a note3 and the stylus features were good and from my understanding they gotten better on the 4.
    01-17-2015 01:24 PM
168 ... 34567