Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing previously had a note 4 but couldn't get used to Android and how glitchy it was so I went back to the 6 plus

*touchwiz is glitchy, not android. Skins are the reason android is so buggy, nexus devices always had much less issues than devices with heavy skins on top ala samsung devices.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I can honestly say I don't miss anything. I had a S4 and every time I look at I cringe. I laugh at my husband and all the issues he's currently having with his Android.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm miss quite a bit from my moto x to be honest. The biggest things: the ability to make my home screen like I want it, widgets, set default apps and the active display (that's a big one). iOS is well polished and it looks great, but it still lacks in some critical areas of functionality for me personally. I've been on android since 09 and I didn't think it would be that much of a change but its a bit more than I can handle so I think I'm going back to android. However, I still have a few days before my 14 days are up so I'm still going to use it and see what happens.

petrosil

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I miss quite a few things, like a file manager and the ability to load documents onto the phone from the computer. I miss the large clock widget and all my widgets. I miss the homescreen rotating through all the screens and going from the last screen to the first. I miss the restart option instead of just power off and I miss the way Swiftkey works on Android....probably some more little things.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Customization & the freaking back button. LOL
Sometimes I wish my iPhone could look like some of these cool Android devices out their with different ROMs and such...but then I realize, I didn't even change the ROM on my LG G3 so i wouldn't do that anyway. LOL Plus the support is better and I have 128GB OF STORAGE! :D

Love Divine

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure I'll miss the back button. But I just don't have the time/drive to take advantage of the customization Android potentially offers (although it is an awesome, legitimate pro to the OS).

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I came from the htc one m7 to the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6 plus and I don't miss anything :) I've owned every iphone since the original

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I like my 6+, but still like android better. Google Now works much better on android than on iOS. Also like notifications better on android. Even this app is better on android and it is imore. Having said that I like apple products but keep an OPO and Nexus 6 to keep me going. After a week on my iPhone, I get bored and have to go back for my fix. Having said that, the iPhone 6+ is a very capable device.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Just got my 6+ only thing I miss is the back button! Love my new iPhone! I'm officially an isheep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShinKen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As a first time iPhone user with the 6+, the only thing that I miss is Tasker/Llama. I did not do anything super fancy, but I did have my moto x change the volume when I connected to my work wifi and could silence the phone based on day and time. And notifications are handled way better on android IMO.

Larry Miller1

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Been Android ever since the G1 days. Finally decided to give iOS a try. Just off the top of my head the thing I miss most about Android is being able to download music, install non play store apps, file system control, ad blocking (root), and of course the many customization options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
i miss the inability to share photos and other stuff in whatsapp or any other app without being on the app...
Like sending a picture with whatsapp from the camera gallery!

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
i miss the inability to share photos and other stuff in whatsapp or any other app without being on the app...
Like sending a picture with whatsapp from the camera gallery!

I think that's about the only thing I'm going to miss when my phone finally gets here is the ability for just about any app to share it's assets with any other.

jprice912

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have been an Android user for years. This is my first iPhone, but I have an iPad as well so I knew what to expect. I honestly don't miss anything. I always though widgets cluttered my screen and hardly ever used them and the rooting and putting on new ROMs was fun for awhile, but it became too much of chore and I just don't have the time for it anymore. The iPhone just works and that's what I like about it.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There are a few things I miss some were mentioned above, but the keyboard I miss the most it was the hardest thing to get used to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner