Why am I not able to sync music from iTunes on my iPhone 6+?

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 6+ not syncing music from itunes

Good afternoon...I have read posts elsewhere from folks with similar issues but no clear answers. Figured I would give it a shot here. I have a 128gb 6+ and I sync my entire itunes music collection with it. What I have found in the past few weeks (or, at least started noticing it) is that music that I add that wasn't purchased thru itunes won't sync over. I check in itunes and there is a gray circle next to it like its trying to sync but after a long time nothing happens. The only thing that seems to help is to remove all music from phone and then re-sync. Not very convenient and a bit irritating. Some have mentioned a problem with purchased duplicate tracks causing the hangup but I don't have any exact duplicates. Anyone else hear of this and if a fix is coming?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6+ not syncing music from itunes

I've had this issue since iOS 6. The only fix is what you mentioned. Remove all music and re-sync.

psasas

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
hello i'm not sure if you have resolved this issue yet but i thought i'd answer anyway, after countless hours on the phone and chat with apple not to mention searching forums and visits to the apple store i have come up with a soultion to this type of issue.
first delete your library files that are in the itunes folder in music and restart your computer and start itunes, DO NOT automaticaly search for media through itunes as you will just have the same issue instead add music manually but in small groups, say 5 artists at a time depending on how many albums each file has once they are all added restart the computer and try to sync some tunes. Depending on how much music you have it may not work the first time and it could be because you added too many artists at once thats why i recommended 5. good luck hope it helps

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2