Landscape Mode

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This is just a venting post. I LOVE how the iPhone 6 Plus has landscape mode and I love how Apple's apps have the ability to use them in landscape. What I don't like is that I still get notifications in portrait (from a sleeping iPhone) and there's no way to fix it (that I know of). I just wish more apps would take advantage of this. My 6 Plus sits in landscape at my desk all day long, so when I get a lock screen notification, I hate have to turn my head to see it. Does anyone know of a jailbreak that would enable that? That might be worth jailbreaking for.

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
That's a good question, now I'm the opposite, I have it locked because I hate when the phone switches to landscape. I only unlock it when watching a video. I liked it better the old way when the phone went back to portrait once at the home screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Do they come in landscape on the lock screen when the phone is off? That's my biggest gripe.

Yeah, that function doesn't exist...this guy did a mock up of what it could look like, but as it sits now, even with a jailbreak, there is no lock screen landscape mode (like you find on the iPad). I wouldn't be surprised if it's added eventually though.

Imagining a landscape lock screen in iOS 8 [Concept]

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Those are awesome mockups. I'll just keep dreaming.

I personally felt they had a little too much negative space, and seemed to lack uniformity that we find so common in Apple's UI's. I think it would take quite a bit of tinkering from Apple to make it up to snuff with what we've become used to from them, since the iPhone does in fact function on a higher level (as far as usage) on the lock screen vs. the iPad. That gap is becoming smaller though, so I think we're within a couple of years of having a proper landscape lock screen mode for sure.

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I also love that the 6 plus has landscape mode like the iPad just love it also love it has the lil chat heads on text messages it's great both of them the regular 6 does not have

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost