'Aliasing' in calls?

bseuivafom

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I know iPhones and terrible signal reception goes hand in hand like cookies and cream, but with the 6+ - which I've been trying to use as a main phone recently - I've started getting some unusual situations on top of the usual dropped calls.

Calls sometimes degenerate into a sort of aliased ultra low-bitrate like distorted voice - like if you dropped an MP3 to bitrates in the teens and then applied some echo + digital noise - and they'll usually stay like that until I disconnect the call and try calling the other party again. This happens with both calls I make and calls I receive, but probably more for the latter. Anyone had similar issues?

bseuivafom

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I guess it depends on what else you walk around with. These days I have at least an Android and Windows Phone in addition to at least one iPhone and ever since I started carrying multiple 'other' handsets around since the days of the iPhone 3G, I've always noticed the iPhone is the worst for signal pickup by quite a bit. It's not changed with the 6+ - it drops calls when other non-Apple handsets don't in the same locations / carrier / SIM. I'm also contracted to all 3 of the major carriers in my country and again, my handsets get shuffled around all those networks depending on which I'm using as my main.

The funny thing is of course, Apple users are the quickest to bring out the 'it's your carrier' gambit. It's never Apple - always someone else lol

I can tell I might not get a lot of relevant feedback but if anyone else is having similar issues, I'd like to know if they ever saw the end of it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73