Otter box symmetry and bending

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Geez. I keep mine holstered. Won't have to worry about the bending issue. I wear an inexpensive Timex, so I am not constantly pulling my phone out to check the time. I also have a BT earpiece, but I only use it at work.

Does having a 6+ in a holster look a little dorky ? Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I still get laid, so I don't care. The last four phones I've had have all been holstered, and they all look/ looked brand new.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe we are still doing this bendgate thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm returning my 5S otterbox that I have for my daughter (life proofed now) and using the balance for a black defender for my 6plus for whatever days
Phones bend I guess I am not worried about it.
Hope everyone has a happy Holiday! I can't wait to take pics w this phone this year

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion does the otter box add any defense to the bending problem? Just swapped my old s5 a 64gb silver six plus. Worried about bending. I am a dude who always has his phone in his pocket but they are definitely not skinny jeans. A little paranoid due to the hype I've noticed online.

The Symmetry case should be fine for light protection. However, if you're going to put it in your pocket you might need to account for the possibility of sitting on it. If that's the case, then the Symmetry might be too light.

I am getting a Symmetry to replace the Spigen I got when I first got my phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if anyone liked my banter or not. It's truth and I had a horrible experience. Come at me in a respectful way. I don't need any clarity. I'm not going to come to a petty forum and lie to a one minded community who tries to outcast and degrade others who don't think like them. What do I have to gain from that? I believe I have the freedom of speech at least here in America I do. My bad experience is not going to do any harm to your guys precious Apple empire. I'm sure most of you guys are not getting paid by Apple. I see some of you guys don't know how to deferred information from what's stated. So if I say went on my lunch break. But I waited over two hours (almost 3 hours) after being seen. That means my lunch break turned into over 3 hour lunch break. I said I missed my work hours in my original post. I'm lucky. I have a salary job and my job is flexible. Also lucky I didn't have any meetings that day. Smh...i was there for a lunch break that turned into 3+ hours (total time including appointment, waiting, getting replacement) what's not to understand... You can't believe that wonderful Apple had me waiting for over 2 hours after they took my phone and total experience was over 3 hours. I even had people who had appointments after me who were approached by their techs before me. I guess you didn't read the post you quoted me since you interrogating me about not mentioning dropping phone in my original post. I didn't remember and don't care honestly. To have someone on this forum blame me for AppleCare increasing really people like me is the reason it's increasing. How about inflation of the dollar and phones becoming more expensive for the increase in AppleCare. I believe Apple was sued for lack of coverage in the original AppleCare plan for iPhone and iPod. I have a Warranty not through Apple. Through Verizon and SquareTrade. So I was never going to pay that amount for a replacement.

Yup how many times I have to say they only replaced my phone for free because of bad service and wait time. That's what came out of the lead Tech's mouth.

My story is not changing. I honestly have nothing to prove to any of you. I posted my story to warn others that the phone can bend without extreme force and the horrible service I received. I never had a phone bend before. I do think it's unacceptable after 42 days of having a phone in a case with tempered glass protector. You guys only looking for a loophole because you don't believe the phone can bend that easy. But mine did. End of story.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

No. Not end of story. You come here to continue the saga, right? Then state all the facts. You dropped the phone five feet onto a tile floor. You posted about the drop to discuss the gel case that you'd bought but neglected that detail when you went on your rampage against the Apple tech folks. So......no....quit the passive aggressive victimised misunderstood stance. And quit the arrogance, everyone else here also has a life, friends, careers, etc. What we also have is enough integrity not to omit details that impact on the story.

Dropping a phone in a gel case five feet onto a tile floor and then forgetting that detail is why we all challenged you. Especially when you open your post by making the point that the phone had never been dropped. I challenged you, didn't insult you nor attacked you. You should know the difference. Nobody is saying the phone doesn't bend, we said you omitted important facts in your story that you detailed a scant four weeks earlier. THAT is why we challenged you. Selective amnesia.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
No. Not end of story. You come here to continue the saga, right? Then state all the facts. You dropped the phone five feet onto a tile floor. You posted about it but neglected that detail when you went on your rampage against the Apple tech folks. So......no....quit the passive aggressive victimised misunderstood stance. And quit the arrogance, everyone else here also has a life, friends, careers, etc. What we also have is enough integrity not to omit details that impact on the story.

Dropping a phone in a gel case five feet onto a tile floor and then forgetting that detail is why we all challenged you. Especially when you open your post by making the point that the phone had never been dropped. I challenged you, didn't insult you nor attacked you. You should know the difference. Nobody is saying the phone doesn't bend, we said you omitted important facts in your story that you detailed a scant four weeks earlier. THAT is why we challenged you. Selective amnesia.

You need to . End of story. No sequel. Bye, Felicia!

DB12088

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the symmetry on my 6+ as well as a glass screen protector and have had no issues at all. It does exactly what it is supposed to do and what I bought it for.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You need to . End of story. No sequel. Bye, Felicia!

Which one of your other alter egos are this cheesy?

tumblr_n86l0kSfbI1tfrpzro1_250.gif

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I saw a bunch of people jumped all over you in your post. That kind of stuff makes me hate "apple" people. Some of them have the same mentality as an extremist "insert religion here" follower. Makes me ashamed to even be apart of the forum. I switched back from android but you would have hardly ever saw that on android central forums and here it tends to be the norm. I just want a phone that works best for me and for now it's my 6+. maybe next time it will be something else. I wish people could help people find a solution to a problem or offer advice instead of looking for loopholes in someone's story and berating them on the Internet. I thought you had every right to be upset and any reasonable person would assume that an engineer would design a phone to not fall apart from a height of an average person. Certainly someone with that degree of expertise would not have overlooked the fact that life happens.

:mindblown:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20141210_203813.jpg

I use a UAG rogue folio case (red) on my 6+. Also, even though there is a cover to protect the screen, I use a glass screen protector on the display too. So far no scratches, marks or more importantly any bends. With the vas on the rigidity of the phone would make it extremely hard to bend the phone without some very significant force to do so, so no worries about any small drops that might cause any issue on the structure of the phone.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 73222

I use a UAG rogue folio case (red) on my 6+. Also, even though there is a cover to protect the screen, I use a glass screen protector on the display too. So far no scratches, marks or more importantly any bends. With the vas on the rigidity of the phone would make it extremely hard to bend the phone without some very significant force to do so, so no worries about any small drops that might cause any issue on the structure of the phone.

That might be the first uag case that I've ever seen that I liked.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 73222

Is that kind of like a wallet case? Does it open up and show any slots for credit/debit cards? How does it stay closed?

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Is that kind of like a wallet case? Does it open up and show any slots for credit/debit cards? How does it stay closed?

Yes, inside the front cover there is a slot that you can fit about 3 cards into. It is like a wallet case yes. It stays closed by a wide magnetic strip that closes around the back of the case. If you go to the manufacturers web site they should show some images of the card slot and the cover locking strip, and more pictures all round. The magnet is strong enough that it would be very hard to open it unless you wanted too.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up the Apple leather case and zag glass for my iPhone 6... Nice sleek combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW