#Bendgate happened to me...after I dropped my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: #Bendgate happened to me...

In her defence she said that she forgot the drops which is why she did not report it to Apple. So who knows if she actually had the intent to defraud Apple. In everyone else's defence her username is eerily similar to 'malicious'.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

In her defence she said that she forgot the drops which is why she did not report it to Apple. So who knows if she actually had the intent to defraud Apple. In everyone else's defence her username is eerily similar to 'malicious'.

How likely is it that anyone would forget dropping a 900 dollar phone?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

How likely is it that anyone would forget dropping a 900 dollar phone?

This November was my busiest school year by far with reports, midterms, and assignments due almost every week. Not to mention I work part time. If I dropped my phone 2 feet on carpet at home while studying for example. It's hard to say that it'll log in my memory bank. Thats just me speaking to the likelihood of forgetting the drop of a 900 dollar phone. I'm just saying its not impossible for her to forget that. But like I said she could be malicious.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
#Bendgate happened to me...

You should be praising your God that they gave you a free replacement.... After all the bible says "in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God"...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This November was my busiest school year by far with reports, midterms, and assignments due almost every week. Not to mention I work part time. If I dropped my phone 2 feet on carpet at home while studying for example. It's hard to say that it'll log in my memory bank. Thats just me speaking to the likelihood of forgetting the drop of a 900 dollar phone. I'm just saying its not impossible for her to forget that. But like I said she could be malicious.

Personally if i dropped my phone five feet as was noted in the post from November onto a tile floor I would remember not only the fall but every second of it, before and after. The possibility of damaging something that cost me 900 bucks a scant six weeks before is going to keep it fresh in my mind. I would say that the majority of people would remember dropping a new 128 G iPhone 6 Plus onto a tile floor. Especially when you're at the Apple Store discussing the repair of a phone. As a matter of fact it would be natural for that detail to arise.

In any case, whether remembered at the store is immaterial. The fact that if someone reminds me of something I've said before that contradicts my current statement, I would find it more natural to say "oh wow I forgot that" than to suddenly bring God and religion into the conversation, and discuss worship. There's the unfortunate similarity to all kinds of politicians and public figures suddenly bringing up religion when there is some allegation of misconduct.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I love Apple, have had iPhones since the 4, now I have the 6.. I AM an Apple fanboy, push them to people like they are the best thing on earth! But you know you have to LOL when you think about the fact that you can bend your phone from small drops!! That is too funny!! I have an Apple leather case, then it goes into a thick leather belt holster from Verizon.. Treat it way better then I treat myself.. And I still worry about this bend thing.. I DO think they bend easy.. Just looking at that thin Aluminum shell and you can guess that.. I have Applecare+ so if it happens so be it.. It won't be from my neglect though because I baby this thing like no one else I know ;)

April920

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
You have every right to be upset. I had a similar situation that happened with my MacBook Pro .. Everything worked out for me. I am happy everything worked out for you. Despite what happened with reps I'm still happy with Apple Products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Otterbox Symmetry to arrive. I'll feel safe then.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If your phone is in a situation where it can bend I'm sure a case won't do much to prevent it. Theirs even been reports of them bending in otterboxes's but once again it's all speculation. It's just a phone at the end of the day though, a expensive one that should be taken care of but no more no less than a phone. Everyone should enjoy it and be helpful to others instead of making hasty accusations. We're all aware that under typical normal usage it should be fine but that doesn't mean their aren't a few bad apples in the bunch.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally if i dropped my phone five feet as was noted in the post from November onto a tile floor I would remember not only the fall but every second of it, before and after. The possibility of damaging something that cost me 900 bucks a scant six weeks before is going to keep it fresh in my mind. I would say that the majority of people would remember dropping a new 128 G iPhone 6 Plus onto a tile floor. Especially when you're at the Apple Store discussing the repair of a phone. As a matter of fact it would be natural for that detail to arise.

In any case, whether remembered at the store is immaterial. The fact that if someone reminds me of something I've said before that contradicts my current statement, I would find it more natural to say "oh wow I forgot that" than to suddenly bring God and religion into the conversation, and discuss worship. There's the unfortunate similarity to all kinds of politicians and public figures suddenly bringing up religion when there is some allegation of misconduct.

Her story has a lot of holes and you're right she is probably lying which is why I said she could be malicious a couple of times. I did however answer your question about how likely it is that anyone can forget dropping their phones because I know I would. Further, she didn't immediately bring up worship and god when you contradicted her but she did say that she forgot and that in her opinion the drops couldn't have caused the damage. This reaction seems normal to me and she mentioned god after a couple of people focused on what she said in one sentence of her post (before editing it an hour later). All I wanted to do was merely point out that IF she did forget it then it doesn't mean she was trying to defraud Apple while I did state that she could still be lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73