#Bendgate happened to me...after I dropped my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
#Bendgate happened to me...

Was the device brand new, or was it a refurb? I can't believe they gave you such a hard time (horrible service imo).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I would say Apple Care went above and beyond giving OP a free brand new device in spite of the fact she failed to disclose she had dropped the phone twice. I'm sure they knew what was up.

I'm a little relieved there was more to the story because I kept staring at my phone, scratching my head asking "How in the world?!"

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: #Bendgate happened to me...

I would say Apple Care went above and beyond giving OP a free brand new device in spite of the fact she failed to disclose she had dropped the phone twice. I'm sure they knew what was up.

I'm a little relieved there was more to the story because I kept staring at my phone, scratching my head asking "How in the world?!"

Gotcha, I missed that part of the story.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Amazing what happens when the whole story comes out in the wash, but let's blame Apple because she dropped her phone....TWICE!

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Amazing what happens when the whole story comes out in the wash, but let's blame Apple because she dropped her phone....TWICE!

Well I just don't understand coming on here to warn us about the possibility of the iPhone bending under "normal"use. I feel like that is misrepresenting the situation and worrying folks for no reason. Especially when many come here to research and determine if this is the right phone for them.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Well I just don't understand coming on here to warn us about the possibility of the iPhone bending under "normal"use. I feel like that is misrepresenting the situation and worrying folks for no reason. Especially when many come here to research and determine if this is the right phone for them.

Using the hype of #Bendgate to come here to complain to us. It's just simply that they were unhappy that Apple actually suspected what we did as well. I think OP didn't realize we're actually very observant. Lil is at least.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Using the hype of #Bendgate to come here to complain to us. It's just simply that they were unhappy that Apple actually suspected what we did as well. I think OP didn't realize we're actually very observant. Lil is at least.

Very observant indeed 😊

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

You know I think the title should be changed to reflect that this is not quite an accurate story.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

You know I think the title should be changed to reflect that this is not quite an accurate story.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing when I was posting.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to ignore most of these posts. The two drops I talked about didn't cause no bend because 4ish feet drop from my chest I was able to catch with my body let it slide slowly to fall so it was more of a fumble. And the drop off my desk 2ft high. That's was like knocking phone from couch arm rest to carpet plush floor. I honestly forgot these "drops." You guys only see the recount of these drops cause I wrote it around the time it happened. Btw normal use is being able to drop your phone it not bend when it is in a protective case. I'm pretty sure that most people have dropped their phone would expect it to not bend if the drop wasn't bad. All you guys think my service was great I hope you get the crappy service I received. Yeah people complain when they have bad service...I'm pretty sure you guys would sing a different tune if you were in my situation. It's like some people like to follow others. If one thinks it...it must be true. Like if someone received their iPhone back with crap on it from AppleCare all you guys would say they deserve it and they still received excellent service. I follow my own drum. If something isn't built to quality. I'm not going to stand by it. I have a doubt in my head now that most of people's phones will not make it two years if they are like most people and have accidentally dropped their phone. Their phones will be bent. This will be my last post in this thread. Feel free to call me every lie in the book and judge me based on two posts that pretty much sums me up in a nutshell (ignorance is real). There's only one being that can judge me that's God. So you others keep whatever negativity you throwing. I hope some you guys can do something other than insulting others. Btw I'm very observant I think most you guys need a life.

Disclaimer: I'm working on not caring what others think of me. In the Bible says you give people power and their words credibility when you try to defend but if you ignore it gives their negativity and gossip no credibility. I'm still working and praying I get better. I want all people you toknow the real me. Some people will just not like you and I have to accept that. I have friends and family tell me all the time ignore people and they will leave you alone. A lot people say stuff to get reactions out of people. If you say nothing or do nothing. They get nothing and move on.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to ignore most of these posts. The two drops I talked about didn't cause no bend because 4ish feet drop from my chest I was able to catch with my body let it slide slowly to fall so it was more of a fumble. And the drop off my desk 2ft high. That's was like knocking phone from couch arm rest to carpet plush floor. I honestly forgot these "drops." You guys only see the recount of these drops cause I wrote it around the time it happened. Btw normal use is being able to drop your phone it not bend when it is in a protective case. I'm pretty sure that most people have dropped their phone would expect it to not bend if the drop wasn't bad. All you guys think my service was great I hope you get the crappy service I received. Yeah people complain when they have bad service...I'm pretty sure you guys would sing a different tune if you were in my situation. It's like some people like to follow others. If one thinks it...it must be true. Like if someone received their iPhone back with crap on it from AppleCare all you guys would say they deserve it and they still received excellent service. I I follow own my drum. If something isn't built to quality I'm not going to stand by it. I have a doubt in my head now that most of people's phones will not make it two years if they are like most people and have accidentally dropped their phone. Their phones will be bent. This will be my last post in this thread. Feel free to call me every lie in the book and judge me based on two posts that pretty much sums me up on a nutshell (ignorance is real). There's only one being that can judge me that's God. So you others keep whatever negative you throwing. I hope some you guys can do something other than insulting others. Btw I'm very observant I think most you guys need a life.

Just admit you lied. You dropped the device! Period. This is fraud. You are very lucky Apple still gave you a replacement device.

That wall of text is just you trying to justify what you've done. We are all adults here so feel free to ignore us all you want.

As for bringing religion into this, just bring facts okay?

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Normal use is not defined by being able to drop your phone. People have shattered screens dropping from small distances (like from chest level or from a desk). You cannot say with 100% certainty that your drops did not cause a bend.

Personally, I think the whole story smells like garbage. Just my opinion. You've already gotten caught up in the lie or omission, and now ur getting defensive. Time to unsubscribe :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to ignore most of these posts. The two drops I talked about didn't cause no bend because 4ish feet drop from my chest I was able to catch with my body let it slide slowly to fall so it was more of a fumble. And the drop off my desk 2ft high. That's was like knocking phone from couch arm rest to carpet plush floor. I honestly forgot these "drops." You guys only see the recount of these drops cause I wrote it around the time it happened. Btw normal use is being able to drop your phone it not bend when it is in a protective case. I'm pretty sure that most people have dropped their phone would expect it to not bend if the drop wasn't bad. All you guys think my service was great I hope you get the crappy service I received. Yeah people complain when they have bad service...I'm pretty sure you guys would sing a different tune if you were in my situation. It's like some people like to follow others. If one thinks it...it must be true. Like if someone received their iPhone back with crap on it from AppleCare all you guys would say they deserve it and they still received excellent service. I follow my own drum. If something isn't built to quality. I'm not going to stand by it. I have a doubt in my head now that most of people's phones will not make it two years if they are like most people and have accidentally dropped their phone. Their phones will be bent. This will be my last post in this thread. Feel free to call me every lie in the book and judge me based on two posts that pretty much sums me up in a nutshell (ignorance is real). There's only one being that can judge me that's God. So you others keep whatever negativity you throwing. I hope some you guys can do something other than insulting others. Btw I'm very observant I think most you guys need a life.

Oh give me a break. You dropped the phone. Period. Whether it was 2ft or 20, you still dropped it which could cause damage. Maybe if you prayed harder, God wouldn't have let you drop your phone....

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

You did say in the first post of this thread that you never dropped the phone though...

I've used my 6 plus with out a case plenty of times. In jeans pockets even. While driving. Going from sitting to standing to kneeling. Have a friend with the 6 plus whos done the same. Both phones are straight as an arrow.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Just admit you lied. You dropped the device! Period. This is fraud. You are very lucky Apple still gave you a replacement device.

That wall of text is just you trying to justify what you've done. We are all adults here so feel free to ignore us all you want.

As for bringing religion into this, just bring facts okay?

I didn't fraud anyone. Apple didn't give me the phone based on what I said if you could read properly. I said this about three times since you so observant. They gave me a replacement for free only because Apple admitted to giving bad service and they said it was unacceptable so that's the reason they replaced my phone for free. Get the facts straight. So no fraud here. God is everywhere. So I will put my religion where I please. I praise my God.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Oh give me a break. You dropped the phone. Period. Whether it was 2ft or 20, you still dropped it which could cause damage. Maybe if you prayed harder, God wouldn't have let you drop your phone....

I pray all the time and I got a new phone. So my God is good all the time...The end.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I didn't fraud anyone. Apple didn't give me the phone based on what I said if you could read properly. I said this about three times since you so observant. They gave me a replacement for free only because Apple admitted to giving bad service and they said it was unacceptable so that's the reason they replaced my phone for free. Get the facts straight. So no fraud here. God is everywhere. So I will put my religion where I please. I praise my God.

They gave it to you so you'd leave. Apple is overly concerned with customer service. So you're right, they did it to please you. However, you still did withhold information pertaining to a damaged device. This is fraud. You can wrap it up with a bow and call it whatever pretty sentiments you like but it's still omission of truth.

That's fine, just don't hide behind your religion. Face what we are telling you with factual statements. I'm not bashing your religion, I'm merely saying there is no purpose in throwing that spew in our faces.

Now, unlike you who said you'd just simply "Ignore us", I'm going to make like a tree and leaf this ridiculous thread.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Glamorous Gold Bent Through No Fault Of My Own Even Though I Dropped It Twice iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

"Fraud" is a noun (person, place or thing). The verb form (action word) is "defraud".

I’m not sure anyone accused you of defrauding Apple. But we are saying that your original story was incomplete - you omitted the fact that you dropped your phone
TWICE. In fact, you did defraud us by virtue of the fact that you lied and specifically said that you did NOT drop the phone. So spin this however you have to so that
you can make the "facts" work for you, but you have no credibility with me.

(Rev 21.8b)

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Eh, it's pretty clear what happened and the more OP tries to explain/defend her actions the clearer it becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods