So I have both the Symmetry and Leather Cases

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think the Otterbox Symmetry is better. The grip is much better as is the drop protection.

The leather definitely looks better and is less bulkier. I now see why everyone said the open bottom is concerning.

My plan is to use the leather for special occasions and the Symmetry as my day to day.

Thought this might help some folks here.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why the Symmetry case is covering up the Apple logo, when their Defender case has round hole for the Apple logo.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I switch between the leather and Symmetry now on a regular basis. If I am going to an event where I won't be using the phone often, I stick w leather. For events or work stuff where I require my phone a lot, I slip on the Symmetry

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with the Apple leather case because I don't want to add lots of bulk to an already large device. What's your opinion on the additional bulk that they symmetry adds?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with the Apple leather case because I don't want to add lots of bulk to an already large device. What's your opinion on the additional bulk that they symmetry adds?

This is what I currently have on my device. It's thin, even when closed. Still, I think I'm going to only use it when I'm at work because I don't like covering my phones.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is what I currently have on my device. It's thin, even when closed. Still, I think I'm going to only use it when I'm at work because I don't like covering my phones.

When I started reading your post I had to double check the username several times as I was thinking "There's no way in hell D has a case on his phone. He's the naked iPhone ambassador " lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I started reading your post I had to double check the username several times as I was thinking "There's no way in hell D has a case on hiss phone. He's the naked iPhone ambassador " lol

....LMAO...

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't even notice the bulk of the Symmetry. That said, this is first iPhone I am not using a Defender on.

I can't say enough good things about the Symmetry :)

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Man I don't know how you think the symmetry has better grip! Mine feels like holding a greasy spoon. Super super slick.

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cornett. I like the grip of it. Maybe it isn't for everyone. I know both are different feels, but I prefer the feel of the Symmetry

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Symmetry case on my phone ever since I got it. No complaints. I think there's hardly any bulk added to the device. You talking about bulk? That's the Defender! lol. I was considering the leather apple case too, but decided that I needed more protection and didn't want to change out cases constantly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR