iPhone 6+ or iPad air?

TBollens

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, any advise on This topic?
My girlfriends phone and iPad are (almost) broken, debating on what to get, the iPhone 6+ or the new iPad, (i Will be getting the 6, and she would get my 4s if we decide to go for the iPad).

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, any advise on This topic?
My girlfriends phone and iPad are (almost) broken, debating on what to get, the iPhone 6+ or the new iPad, (i Will be getting the 6, and she would get my 4s if we decide to go for the iPad).

I say go with the 6 plus. You won't be needing a iPad :)

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife just went from a 4S to a 6 Plus because her 4S was very slow and problematic using iOS 8. I still use my iPad even though I have a 6 Plus but I can see where people would actually replace their iPad with the plus. Either way you are in a win win situation. LoL

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I got my IP6+, I have hardly touched my ipad.. Think I am going to sell it.... But it is all about what you do with it.. The 6+ is plenty big enough for me

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I would go for the 6 Plus. For me personally is till use my iPad even though I have a 6 Plus. I actually just got an iPad mini 3 and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HurricaneTracker

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I own a 6+ and the iPad Air. I use both daily, though the iPad is more for the couch and games (and reading articles and forums such as this). But I of course use my 6+ for everything as well, including games.

If I had to make a choice one over the other, I would also go with the 6+ as others have said. It's the most versatile device, you can text, read, game, and watch videos on that nice big screen. I really enjoy the 6+ a lot...just be sure you get a protective case for it.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably just get the iPhone. The 4S on iOS 8 is pushing it, and when it comes down to it, you can do most things on the iPhone that you can do on the iPad plus make/receive calls. (I know you can now do the call thing through the iPad, but it still requires a compatible iPhone to connect to.) Unless the iPad is used for heavy reading and Newsstand/Magazine type things, I'd get the iPhone first.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would probably go with the phone. Next year she'll be needing another one because I don't believe the new iOS will be supported on the 4s and iOS 8 isn't all that great on it now. Unless you haven't updated to iOS 8.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Why settle for one or the other, get both . . . I did and they each serve different needs at different times. I need a larger screen while doing work in the field and my wife enjoys the iPad Air 2 while she is in the kitchen especially during the holidays baking. My iPhone 6+ on the other hand is my daily device that goes everywhere with me.

TBollens

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies, we'll make a trip to the store to get a hands on with both devices, so she can get a "feel for it"

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I say go with the 6 plus. You won't be needing a iPad :)

I would go with both because some apps don't work on the iPhone 6 Plus. There are a lot of (iPad only) apps that I need to use. Right now I use both iPad (fourth-generation) and iPhone 6 Plus. Besides Google/Android users would love for you to stop using the iPad. I myself would rather support Apple...

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad Air and a 6 plus. I have been using my air a bit less now that I have the plus but I think it's worth it to have both as the air offers a lot more real estate. However now I can't see a place for the iPad mini in my line up as the plus is great for watching videos on the go and even just for general web browsing.

If I had to choose I'd go for the 6 plus as its a more all rounded device and goes with you everywhere.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a 6 and a mini for work purposes, but decided to get just the Plus instead. Very good idea as I now only have to carry around one device instead of two.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how people say the 6 Plus kills the iPad. For me, it doesn't. I have an iPad 4 to watch videos and movies. I think even with the 6/5S there is no need for the latest iPad model, that's it.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If you can deal with the extreme size, just go with the 6+. I highly recommend trying it out before committing, as almost everyone I know that got the + ended up switching back for a regular 6. The iPhone will do everything the iPad does, plus it's already hooked up for data. The iPad is a nice addition if you want an additional screen for watching videos and surfing the web with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I own a 6+ and the iPad Air. I use both daily, though the iPad is more for the couch and games (and reading articles and forums such as this). But I of course use my 6+ for everything as well, including games.

If I had to make a choice one over the other, I would also go with the 6+ as others have said. It's the most versatile device, you can text, read, game, and watch videos on that nice big screen. I really enjoy the 6+ a lot...just be sure you get a protective case for it.
Well, generally you can do all of that on an iPad as well, provided you also own a supported iPhone for Continuity.

But I'd go for the 6+ simply because I don't see a point in a tablet when you have a phone with a screen that big as long as it has great battery life, which the 6+ does.

It's part of the reason I never bothered to get a Tablet and when I did get them, I returned them within a day or two (3 separate instances :p ).

However, if I had to do a lot of Productivity or Imaging/Video Editing on a mobile device, I'd certainly get a big iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77