What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Quick question: if the cases border isn't flush against the phones screen, can dust get in? (I'm talking about when you have your phone in a case and look at it side ways you'll see the case should be flush against the screen.)

I'm asking because while I love the uag case i do notice that there are some small opening in the fit. Sort of worrying dust will get into the case.

The symmetry seems to be that way as well. On the bottom and that whole area overall, there is a space that doesn't sit flush by the home button and dust can get in around that area. That's why I went ahead and got the commuter.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
The symmetry seems to be that way as well. On the bottom and that whole area overall, there is a space that doesn't sit flush by the home button and dust can get in around that area. That's why I went ahead and got the commuter.

The symmetry is customizable now too.. But yeah I had one and noticed that too. Kinda felt loose in some areas

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
One of my friends here is returning his uag because of those holes. He had the clear version and saw that dust and dirt and debris does in fact get in there.

I ordered one but plan on returning it. Don't want a case that allows that much in. Still don't get the holes on the back ...

Actually I meant that when you look at your phone sideways (have it horizontally) you'll notice that the cases bezels should also be touching the screen, creating a kind of seal. I meant that I was worried that having these little gaps might let dust into the case.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem is I want a rigid case to stop the phone from possibly bending. But all the rigid cases I have a sort of problem with (speck grip I still like the grip lines, UAG I don't like the holes on the back.)

Maybe I should just get a you case and just take it out of my pocket when I sit?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem is I want a rigid case to stop the phone from possibly bending. But all the rigid cases I have a sort of problem with (speck grip I still like the grip lines, UAG I don't like the holes on the back.)

Maybe I should just get a you case and just take it out of my pocket when I sit?

Tpu I meant.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Actually I meant that when you look at your phone sideways (have it horizontally) you'll notice that the cases bezels should also be touching the screen, creating a kind of seal. I meant that I was worried that having these little gaps might let dust into the case.

I haven't had the case once in my hand to even see something like that. I ordered it last week and it shipped yesterday so I can't say I have experience with the case. I just have been through reviews and videos to notice that people have issues with the holes on the back. And probably the slits on the sides next to the volume and sleep/awake buttons. I don't even like to think that even moisture could get in.. Kinda scary! And I don't think I'm willing to risk it. Esp with a five year old son running around lol.

I really think I'll be returning the case the minute it gets delivered and staying with my candyshell cases. I really love the way they feel and I don't have issues with dirt or debris.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
On my i6 I swear by the spigen neo hybrid. Very little bulk has a nice look and offers great protection.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered this case. It should be here Friday. I hate the big thick cases and love the thinness and sexiness of the iPhone 6 plus. Also I'm deaf and the thick lip that hangs over to protect the screen digs in to my ear and hurts after a few minutes of talking because I push it against my ear hard to hear better. I have a few really thin cases, Moshi iGlaze XT clear and I loved it till the top 2 corners cracked under the pressure of the snug fit. After it happened I did some searching and found out it's a flaw in the design and every one has returned one because of it. Also have the 15$ best buy insignia clear rubber case. GREAT case for 15 bucks and not to thick either. I have dropped it many times and not a scratch but like all clear rubber cases it's starting to turn yellow and just getting old. The Moshi iGlaze XT is hard plastic so a drop would not be good for it! I wish I could go naked but all my possessions have to stay in brand new condition or I can't sleep at night. I know it's a mental disorder. But This VEIL case might be my answer because it's so thin. I just need protection from scratches and abrasions not drops. I'm gonna add the best YouTube video review I found also. It shows both kinds and colors.

VEIL.jpgVEIL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2542922

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfSCltJb8TM

Last edited:

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Didn't see any good reviews for the veil on mobilereviewseh.ca especially the part with even your fingernail could leave a permanent scratch on the case

steve31

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
3aef33bc4762f25167affba3e79c9204.jpg
2362789c9ba303e0491259c7569265e8.jpg
my favourite is Orbino. But it's expensive.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I just watched a few YouTube vids and read a few reviews. I will check out that place your talking about. for 15 bucks it's worth a shot. I can give a little info once I receive it and use it for a few weeks anyway.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I just have this clear case on mine right now, its got fair grip and allows the phone to show through so I love it. I have ordered 2 more cases off Amazon that will be here tomorrow. A gold case that I really liked and a black case with a cover for using when I go out and about. Helps protect the phone when its in my purse.

4dacdf8a0b7d45e2ce8b2a8ea5b2c1ff.jpg

Sent from my fantastic iPad Air!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't see it on the Speck site either but I looked on Amazon and it does say shipped and sold by Amazon. That's usually a safe bet. At least that's what I go by. I only buy when it says that. Since it is sold by Amazon, you can always return it if you get it and it's not the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Update: spoke with CS for speck today. They said Amazon has its own exclusives. As long as it's sold and shipped by Amazon and not third party dealers you're getting the real thing. And you get specks warranty as well!

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I hate that I can't find the right case. I have issues with everyone I got. Ones I had the least issues with are the grip, ngp, magpul and the uag. But the speck I'm worried the materials will break down relatively quickly like my last speck case, the ngp I worry isn't rigid enough to stop potential bending of the phone, the magpul case the headphone port isn't big enough for my Sony mdrs, and the uag has those two squares cut out on the back where dust can get in.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't slay me...let me finish. I'm a die hard BlackBerry user who after many times flip flopping has finally been using the iPhone 6 now as his personal device long enough to truly enjoy it. I still use my BlackBerry for business, but my iPhone has become my go to for all things personal things. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a case I really like. My friends who have iPhone 5 or 5s models have cases I really like such as Otterbox iterations, Spigen, Tech21, etc. unfortunately the same versions for the iPhone 6 just don't seem to feel right. I've settled in now with the Apple Leather Case in Brown which offers minimal protection but looks nice and has good grip. I haven't found anything else I really like. I enjoy the Apple iOS now so am hopeful that we are not far off from new form factor although I realize it's probably around 18 months away....

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've settled in with the speck grip. Not to bulky and has some good grip to it. Very protective and drop proof. I have the all black and the black and blue. Might grab another color also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro