What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading my wife and daughter to the 6 today and have to make a decision between 6 and 6 plus for myself. I've read all the articles and watched all the videos. I have handled both a number of times and each has its positives. I want the bigger screen for work, reading and gaming but I'm nervous about the size and carrying it daily. In the end I think I'll go for it though. What case are you using? I don't want to add anymore size than it already has but want to protect it.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: It's decision time

I'm using Urban Armor Gear case with Zagg glass screen protector. I also opted for 6 plus. In my uniform, my phone slips right into my front pocket and is not bulky at all. UAG case keeps the slim profile.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Good luck on your decision it appears you did your homework

A minimal case would be my choose

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site

I've been using the apple leather case with my 6 plus and really like it. It fits well without adding bulk and has a great feel to it. It offers some protection (I've dropped it a few times) without compromising size.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Good Luck with your decision. I decided to go with the iPad Air2 for now, but who knows what the future will bring....SMILE

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

You could also look at the Apple silicone case. Provides more grip than the leather.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm using a very slim but protective clear case on my 6 Plus by Spigen; (Ultra Hybrid Air Cushion). There is a little lip on it to protect the screen from drops. For a screen protector I put on the Tempered Glass ScreenGuardz Pure by BodyGuardz. It's easy to apply on the first try and looks great on the phone. A lot of people don't know I have it on when they ask to see my 6 Plus.
If you need something to carry your 6 Plus in while you exercise look in to the "FlipBelt". I have been using it for a month now and love it. I can go on long distance runs and forget that I'm even using it as it is very comfortable....... Here is a link to it for anyone that would like to check it out: https://flipbelt.com/what-is-flipbelt

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My 6 Plus sports a Tech 21 case and ZAGG glass. I also have a UAG Maverick, which has a smaller profile, but I don't feel it offers as much protection as the Tech 21.

djgmac

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Apple leather case and loving it. That being said, when Lifeproof finally comes out with their case, I'm going to give it a look-see.

mikepolinske

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender case. I like the holster, being able to keep on my belt rather than pants pocket.

It does increase the thickness, but makes it easier to hold without worry about it slipping out of your hand.

I have noticed a gap between the phone and the plastic protecting it, but I'd rather have that than applying an actual screen protector incorrectly.

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Incipio Stowaway for the iPhone 6 Plus because it has a kickstand and I can just carry my phone and leave my wallet at home. I find the iPhone 6 Plus very thin and slippery, so a case makes it easier to hold.

iphone-6-plus-incipio-stowaway-advance-case-white-grey-[2]-2329-p.jpg

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Apple leather case and loving it. That being said, when Lifeproof finally comes out with their case, I'm going to give it a look-see.

Same here, Midnight Blue leather on a gold 6+. Never heard of Lifeproof, faved their web site, will def look at their 6+ version when it's available. Great looking case, thanks for posting.

adrianeddington

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Using the official leather case on mine...looks great, and I feel more comfortable using the phone now as opposed to those few days I went case less. Actually considering purchasing the official silicon case as a backup, read that it supplies an even better grip if you can get past the less the fact that it's a magnet for lint.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an otterbox commuter only until the lifeproof for the 6+ is released ... I got the lifeproof for my dads 6 he's getting for Christmas and it's crazy thin and has NO bulk whatsoever

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the awesome suggestions. Unfortunately, I didn't come home with an iPhone today. My daughters 16gb iPhone 6 will be here Friday. Probably looking at next week for my 64gb 6 plus and not sure on my wife's 64gb iPhone 6. For some reason I don't have an estimated date on that one yet. As long as it's before Xmas she will be happy though. She isn't like me when it comes to tech.

On a side note, I went to Best Buy first since someone told me they have what I needed. I could not find the iPhone displayed anywhere. They had a section for iPad and Macs, but no iPhone to be found. I never even had someone approach me as they were understaffed. Not even that busy and nobody even approached me. I did check out the Note 4 while I was there. It got my attention and even had me second guess the iPhone a little. I have gone that road before and always come back to the iPhone though so iPhone 6 plus it is.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
You will be stoked with the 6+, traded my 6 for it and couldn't be happier. I tried a few different cases but ended up with the Apple Leather case and love it.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading my wife and daughter to the 6 today and have to make a decision between 6 and 6 plus for myself. I've read all the articles and watched all the videos. I have handled both a number of times and each has its positives. I want the bigger screen for work, reading and gaming but I'm nervous about the size and carrying it daily. In the end I think I'll go for it though. What case are you using? I don't want to add anymore size than it already has but want to protect it.

I have the red Apple Leather Case plus Zagg Glass on my 6 Plus. The case does not add anything to the phone, but it provides enough friction on the back of the phone without being slippery when using the phone with one hand. I highly recommend the Apple Leather Case.

Now, I really need a weather proof case and I am waiting for LifeProof to get their act together to come out with the Nuud for 6 Plus. LifeProof cases will be the thinnest case you can get with maximum protection.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh