I have been running 8.1.1 since it was released. All of a sudden (starting this past Saturday), the ID sensor does not recognize my thumb print, resulting in my having to manually key in my advanced passcode. This is getting really old. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?
    11-24-2014 05:45 PM
    Check and see if your fingerprint info is still saved...Ive never had the problem with it, but have read about some iPhone's forgetting saved finger print info.
    11-24-2014 05:53 PM
    I have re-installed my thumb print several times. It seems that everything is OK for a day or two, but then I start experiencing the same problems again.
    11-25-2014 12:48 PM
    No problem here with finger print scanner since update. Still working great.
    11-25-2014 06:48 PM
    I have re-installed my thumb print several times. It seems that everything is OK for a day or two, but then I start experiencing the same problems again.
    You'll probably want to have your device replaced or do a total restore...I haven't had any problems with mine.
    11-25-2014 07:49 PM
    I've had a problem with my 6 Plus recognizing my right thumb print since I got it. Starts out fine, then it stops and always makes me put the code in. Not sure why as both my thumbs look the same to me, lol. I simply use my left thumb now which works flawlessly every time.
    11-26-2014 10:07 AM
    I've had a problem with my 6 Plus recognizing my right thumb print since I got it. Starts out fine, then it stops and always makes me put the code in. Not sure why as both my thumbs look the same to me, lol. I simply use my left thumb now which works flawlessly every time.
    Each thumb has a different fingerprint. If you want to use multiple thumbs, you have to save each one.
    11-26-2014 10:10 AM
    Occasionally Touch ID doesn't work for me (once or twice a week), but I just assume when it happens it's because my sensor has gotten dirty.

Seems like you definitely should try a restore and see if that helps!
    11-26-2014 10:11 AM
    Each thumb has a different fingerprint. If you want to use multiple thumbs, you have to save each one.
    Lol, yes, I am fully aware of this. I did have both thumbprints set up and my right thumb print would only work half the time. When I said both thumbs were the same I simply meant there was nothing that would cause one thumb print not to work over the other one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    11-26-2014 10:15 AM
    Of course, some people are all thumbs. :-)
    11-26-2014 04:48 PM
    Update on original problem: I continued to experience problems with my touch pad not identifying my thumb until yesterday. I went to a local McDonald's and used Apple Pay to pay for my purchase. I wasn't even sure Apple Pay would work because of my thumb recognition problem. It not only worked, but my thumb recognition problem now appears to be fixed. I don't get it, but I am happy.
    12-05-2014 12:20 PM