New problem with thumb ID

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been running 8.1.1 since it was released. All of a sudden (starting this past Saturday), the ID sensor does not recognize my thumb print, resulting in my having to manually key in my advanced passcode. This is getting really old. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Check and see if your fingerprint info is still saved...Ive never had the problem with it, but have read about some iPhone's forgetting saved finger print info.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have re-installed my thumb print several times. It seems that everything is OK for a day or two, but then I start experiencing the same problems again.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had a problem with my 6 Plus recognizing my right thumb print since I got it. Starts out fine, then it stops and always makes me put the code in. Not sure why as both my thumbs look the same to me, lol. I simply use my left thumb now which works flawlessly every time.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had a problem with my 6 Plus recognizing my right thumb print since I got it. Starts out fine, then it stops and always makes me put the code in. Not sure why as both my thumbs look the same to me, lol. I simply use my left thumb now which works flawlessly every time.

Each thumb has a different fingerprint. If you want to use multiple thumbs, you have to save each one.

adrianeddington

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Occasionally Touch ID doesn't work for me (once or twice a week), but I just assume when it happens it's because my sensor has gotten dirty.

Seems like you definitely should try a restore and see if that helps!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Each thumb has a different fingerprint. If you want to use multiple thumbs, you have to save each one.

Lol, yes, I am fully aware of this. ;) I did have both thumbprints set up and my right thumb print would only work half the time. When I said both thumbs were the same I simply meant there was nothing that would cause one thumb print not to work over the other one.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Update on original problem: I continued to experience problems with my touch pad not identifying my thumb until yesterday. I went to a local McDonald's and used Apple Pay to pay for my purchase. I wasn't even sure Apple Pay would work because of my thumb recognition problem. It not only worked, but my thumb recognition problem now appears to be fixed. I don't get it, but I am happy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner