Battery Case for iPhone 6 Plus

Ahmed S

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey there!

So I had a Mophie for my iPhone 5S and it was a life-saver on long trips, flights, etc.... It was (and still is) fantastic. But now that I have an iPhone 6 Plus, I have no battery case, and I'm going on a trip next month to Boston (Hey there, Peter Cohen!) and I can't imagine not having a battery case on my phone.

I've been digging Amazon for a battery case while waiting patiently for Mophie to release a battery case... I know they have the portable charger, but come on... Who wants to deal with that?

TL;DR

Any recommendations on a good battery case for the iPhone 6 Plus? There's the I-Blason one, and there's this one on Amazon. The latter seems to be a best seller, and I have a bad gut feeling about the I-Blason one. However, since I am used to Mophie's quality, I am not sure what to do.

What are your thoughts?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would get a portable charger for now just a cheap one until mophie brings out something better. But the battery life on these phones is fantastic I don't think I'll bother with mophie on this phone.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Agree with the battery "bank" (brick, block, whatever). I got one of the Mophie Powerstations and it works well. It's not as svelte as a case, but it has more capacity, and I can charge my iPad in a pinch as well. Also, I've been able to use it for my iPhone 5 and my 6+, so I don't have to get a new one every time Apple changes form factor. Plus, I didn't like the bulk a case added (probably would annoy me 2x as much given the size of the 6+) and it's easy just to keep my phone in its current slim case and have power in reserve should I need it. Yes, cable dangling is a pain, but I don't need constant extra power. The battery on the plus is a beast and lasts most days, even when traveling.

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting on the mophie case but they taking for ever with there case this time but then also with this iPhone plus I don't know if I even need one do to the fact the battery is amazing

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered the i-Blason battery case for my 6 plus. Should get it tomorrow. Excited to see if it's any good or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Please post pics of the plus with a battery case on when you get it. I've been thinking about buying one but I don't want to add too much bulk to an already large device.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just ordered the i-Blason battery case for my 6 plus. Should get it tomorrow. Excited to see if it's any good or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was going to order that from Amazon since they're at a decent price but the buttons being hard to press since they're not covered refrained me from doing so.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
So got the I-blason in yesterday and charged it overnight. Today is its first real test. Trying to run the battery down on my iPhone 6 plus first then charge it with the battery case

Some initial impressions

- it does add a bit more weight to phone. At first was turned off by this, but after using it for most of day so far it's not as noticeable. I've had the zero lemon for my Note 3 before and the zero lemon was at least two times heavier!

- barely adds any length to phone. I don't even notice the length

- the sides and back are a bit slippery but the more I use it the less slippery it is. Maybe the natural oils from our hands are helping (sorry if that sounds gross but it's the truth)

- construction overall I'm very pleased. Doesn't look or feel cheap at all. Feels substantial in your hands which is a good thing.

I'll post some pics soon as soon as I can find wife's iPhone lol

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Here are some pics of the I-blazing on my gold iPhone 6 plus. Sorry for the picture quality. Took it with my sons old iPad lol!

Have to admit not having low battery anxiety and worrying if I need to find an outlet to charge is very liberating!

iMoreAppImg_20150117_142904.jpg

iMoreAppImg_20150117_142910.jpg

iMoreAppImg_20150117_142914.jpg

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
How deep inside are the volume and power buttons?

Not deep at all. Easy to reach and use. Only thing I wished is that the buttons aren't covered like most cases do. So they're exposed. But there's enough of a lip around them to hopefully protect them

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Quick update

I got my phone down to 35% battery life left and turned on the I-blason battery pack. It charged it to 100% in about 2 hrs but I was also still using the phone durian this time. And after it wa done the battery pack still showed about 50% battery life left. Very nice

I charged both together last night and it first fully charged the phone then automatically switched to the battery pack. So this morning when I woke up both were charged at 100%

After one day of use I don't even notice the extra weight or height. It feels good in the hands. Overall I'm very impressed and happy with this purchase !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2