Power users, feedback needed

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, well I left the world of android and along the way I found this forum. I have a question that looks like it didn't take in my last posting. I purchased the 64gb iPhone 6 plus because there were no 128 available. In my android phone I had a 64gb card and 32gb internal storage. Both of those storage options were not maxed out. I was wondering if the power users here opted for the 64gb model in lieu of the 128? I'm just use to removable storage and couldn't wait for the December ship time. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I've been using a 16 gb iPhone 5 for 16 months. I still have over 4 gb available. But I don't put a ton of music on my phone. And I don't save messages. I delete all my messages. I have saved a few by taking a screenshot of them, then uploading them to Box. Many were like you. No iPhone 6 or 6 Plus with 128 gb to be had. So many have settled for 64 gb. Some got 16 gb. 64 is a lot if you don't load up too much on music.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Ledsteplin, I don't store much music at all. I stream most of the time. I use Dropbox some of the time and I was pleased to see google drive in the App Store. Thanks for the input.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you consider a "power user" or what criteria would make someone such a thing...but 64GB for me is perfect, and I also pay a buck for an extra 20GB iCloud storage every month, so I have a nice amount of backup for my usage.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a 64 and it proves to be more than enough. I never worry about maxing out. This is what I currently have on it.
cd148dfbbea26be00ebbdf3ab7b7757c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Well power users I consider who uses their phone for everything. Video, photo, calls, emails, text, FaceTime, watching movies etc... I don't always have access to a computer for iTunes. That's why I was an android user for such a long time, I could swap memory cards and such. I had a way to ease the pain of running out of storage on the run. The allure of the iPhone 6 plus so I left my note 3 in the dust. I never considered iCloud because I've never used it. Not everyone uses these phones for the purposes I described but I do. I just wanted to know how people are using their devices.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use my device for all of those things and more...it's my portable gaming system, my navigation, my on the go fantasy football hub, my radio (TuneIn Radio is a god send), my exercise companion (MapMyRide app is one of my heavier used apps weekly), my ticket hub (I use Passbook for all of my sporting and movie ticket needs)...and then all the things you listed above.

I guess if you consider this a "power user", then yes I am...and 64GB has worked perfectly for me. I also have my entire iTunes music library on it as well as 370 photos, 35 videos, 15 panoramic photos and about 10 movies sitting on it right as we speak.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Yes, that's almost identical to how I was using my other device. This brings me great joy. Pandora, navi, I use map my fitness plus all the other things I listed. I'm not much of a gamer. Thanks for the feedback.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I remember a lady at work had the original iPhone 2g in 8gb and we were all blown away at the huge memory lol. Look at me now, stressing over 64gb.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if i would consider myself a power user but i use my 16GB 6+ for work with a lot of email, text, pictures and calls..... I have all my music on an iPod because usually when I'm listening to music I'm working i the yard and i will NOT have my phone on me to get all nasty. Plus, i have 30GB of DropBox space that i use to my advantage so i don't think ill ever max out my 16Gig's.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if i would consider myself a power user but i use my 16GB 6+ for work with a lot of email, text, pictures and calls..... I have all my music on an iPod because usually when I'm listening to music I'm working i the yard and i will NOT have my phone on me to get all nasty. Plus, i have 30GB of DropBox space that i use to my advantage so i don't think ill ever max out my 16Gig's.

Still power user status in my book. Your using your device for it intended purpose. Those are all things I do all day long.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I watch TV shows, movies, have 3.2gbs of music and tons of apps. I take a lot of pictures and screenshots and I'm pretty comfortable with 64 so far.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416716767.819310.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73