I've been using drive for a while. 15gb for free. How does iCloud work? I haven't set it up yet. Stopped by best buy again. They had the 128. I had to run away from the sales rep as fast as I could lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rnkriis likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:22 PM
    Based on your heavy usage, is that going to be enough to have for the rest of your contract? I don't store more than 100 songs if that. My main items are apps, pics, some small videos and a few movies.

I have 3 HD movies (7 gig) , along with a bunch of huge pano images . The music is 6.8 gig .. And there are 15 games that are huge , some are a gig each ..

I don't think I will run out of space unless I load it up with games , but I tend to delete games when I get bored of them.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-23-2014 05:24 PM
    I just loaded up some movies with vlc player. Looks like I'll be alright.
    11-24-2014 06:39 AM
    Due to OS updates being around 7GBs or so, I went with the 64GB version. For me, more than enough...
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-24-2014 07:41 AM
    Due to OS updates being around 7GBs or so, I went with the 64GB version. For me, more than enough...
    I love feedback like this. After looking at all the cloud options, I think I'll be good to go. I take more pics than video anyway and it will keep me from downloading crappy useless apps.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    11-24-2014 07:46 AM
    With 128 GB I finally have breathing room again. I lost more than half my music in an emergency restore on 4S (all CDS, so not really lost). I also weeded out a ton of apps and videos and photos and chats.

Power users, feedback needed-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1416837084.680969.jpg
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-24-2014 08:52 AM
    Hi all, well I left the world of android and along the way I found this forum. I have a question that looks like it didn't take in my last posting. I purchased the 64gb iPhone 6 plus because there were no 128 available. In my android phone I had a 64gb card and 32gb internal storage. Both of those storage options were not maxed out. I was wondering if the power users here opted for the 64gb model in lieu of the 128? I'm just use to removable storage and couldn't wait for the December ship time. Thanks

I went for the 128G. I went for the 16G in my iPad 3 and I'll never buy low on memory again.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-24-2014 09:27 AM
    I went for the 128G. I went for the 16G in my iPad 3 and I'll never buy low on memory again.
    Just when I started convincing myself lol.
    11-24-2014 09:28 AM
    Just when I started convincing myself lol.
    LOL!!!! 64G is probably all you'll need. I like to keep movies and music synced locally and I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey so I wanted to make sure I was covered. I do delete messages though.
    11-24-2014 09:37 AM
    LOL!!!! 64G is probably all you'll need. I like to keep movies and music synced locally and I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey so I wanted to make sure I was covered. I do delete messages though.
    I like to delete movies right after I watch them. I'm probably going to end up buying an iPad mini 2 128 and leave my phone and stuff for my messaging and social media.
    11-24-2014 09:45 AM
    Yup that's another option.
    Thar be many ways to defur a feline.....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-24-2014 09:48 AM
    After being in the tech game for many decades I'm a firm believer that large local storage wether it's on a phone, tablet or even a Computer for most people is completely unnecessary, and most often detrimental...
    I'm not talking about the users who'll use that storage space for shooting hours worth of HD videos for a project, but the more common user that feels the need to keep every APP, song , picture, video, and movie locally. Of course these are the same folks that come here crying about how they lost all of their 5 year olds baby pictures when their iPhone gets stolen.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-24-2014 12:18 PM
    After being in the tech game for many decades I'm a firm believer that large local storage wether it's on a phone, tablet or even a Computer for most people is completely unnecessary, and most often detrimental...
    I'm not talking about the users who'll use that storage space for shooting hours worth of HD videos for a project, but the more common user that feels the need to keep every APP, song , picture, video, and movie locally. Of course these are the same folks that come here crying about how they lost all of their 5 year olds baby pictures when their iPhone gets stolen.
    I was just having this discussion with a coworker this morning. I remember last year the memory card in my DSLR, corrupted and I lost everything that was on there. I have been using cloud storage in some capacity since then. I believe for this reason I will stay with my 64gb.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-24-2014 12:23 PM
    I've always used a 32gb and been happy. It was nice to get 64gb at no extra cost on last years prices ( just extra to get a 6 plus) now I find myself putting extra stuff on my phone just because I can 'Just In Case'. I've got iTunes Match for my music so it's nice to know it's there in the cloud if I need it but I've still got 28gb space left on my phone. I personally feel the bigger storage is more for people who travel a lot so need to have a lot of things stored on their phone. I think 32gb is the sweet spot for most.
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-24-2014 07:27 PM
    Well I'd say that I'm a power user.
    I love taking snapshots, selfies, random pics and stuff and I carry my music around on the iPhone 6+

I'm perfectly fine with 64gb
    Imo 16gb are way too less you just have around 12gb to use, 32gb are a good compromise for those who don't have a lot of music to carry with them or using spotify or other radio services, people who have an organized photo lab and always back their stuff up on their pc, 64gb is great for power users like me who like to carry many apps, songs, pics with them, 128gb is great for power users who like to have movies on their phone, carry their whole music lab with them, have many apps installed (or games),..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-25-2014 02:16 AM
    I love keeping movies on my phone but I delete them right after I watch them. I have completely reevaluated how I use my devices and I think 64gb is a great compromise.
    11-25-2014 07:05 AM
    For personal use I have a 64 GB phone. I like to have my ,used and some videos and also pictures.

For work I have a 16 GB phone with exchange email and everything else goes into Onedrive. I can log into all three of our servers with my phone and iPad and handle all issues that arise. It all comes down to how you use your device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    wbcolon likes this.
    11-25-2014 08:56 AM
    I'm definitely a power user. Just used FaceTime for almost four hours at work for help troubleshooting a machine and I still had 35% battery at the end of a 16 hour work day after streaming music and various phone calls and texting and FaceTime. Pretty heavy use all day could not be happier.
    wbcolon likes this.
    12-07-2014 10:20 AM
    Not sure what you mean by a power user but I do like a lot of storage. I've also just returned from android where I ended up with 16GB of internal storage plus a 128GB micro SD card. I hadn't filled up the 128 SD card but my previous 64GB one was full. So I knew I needed a lot of space. I got my first 6 plus about two weeks ago. Like you at first couldn't get my hands on a 128GB so took a 64GB model. After using it for 8 days I only had 5GB left so knew that I needed more space or to do some serious management! Luckily I was able to do an exchange for a 128GB. It was the only one my carrier had in stock in London. I think 64GB is a good amount of space for most people I just like to load my phone up with tv shows and movies to watch on the go that's what takes up most of the space and I've also got 20GB of music on there. This what I've got so far.

12-07-2014 11:28 AM
44 12