Is a tempered glass worth it?

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using a tempered glass screen protector. It works flawless. Since I placed on my 6 plus , I have not encountered any major problems. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

DJAJ

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
R u kidding?? it's the best thing ever! I started using it on my 5s and now on my 6 since i drop my phone all the time! There are some weird crazy ones like the liquid all over protection from CES and MWC but for now $10 is totally worth it from amazon. everyone should use it esp if they decide to go without a case. I used mine with the case.

jeffb06l4

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I currently have tempered glass screen protectors on my iPhone 6 plus and iPad Air. I just love it! It looks and feels so much better than the film screen protectors I have used on my devices in the past.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i might sound stupid stating this but its honest truth. i tried using one on my iphone and i dunno my hands started getting sore well typing if it was humid it felt like glass was sticky. it also made phone feel heavier. i just couldnt get used to it. there sending me another new one so i might try it tho.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pavoscreen tempered glass protector. Cost only 19.90?. Edge to edge. Altho I have noticed every now and then that it doesn't register touch on lower left corner of the screen. Yesterday noticed that it is detached a bit there and I have to click it back. Possibly a defective unit.
Other than that it works very nicely.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm thinking I should have gotten the zagg glass not hdx it is 3x protection the glass is shatter proof

Zagg is a quality screen protector for sure. I was just funnin' with spencerdl. It is going to be interesting to see how they may affect the 3D Touch feature.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering how a Glass protectors are going to effect the new 3D Touch sensors....This will be interesting.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm just wondering how a Glass protectors are going to effect the new 3D Touch sensors....This will be interesting.

I doubt they will, it's just like putting one more layer of glass. I think it'll react the same. Off anything, worse case scenario, you may just have to push a little harder....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Zagg is a quality screen protector for sure. I was just funnin' with spencerdl. It is going to be interesting to see how they may affect the 3D Touch feature.

According to the Apple design spec document and Phil Schiller, any screen protector that is 0.3 mm and under in thickness and makes full contact with the phone's screen (no air gaps) will work with 3DTouch.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm thinking I should have gotten the zagg glass not hdx it is 3x protection the glass is shatter proof

Shatter proof means won't shatter into hundreds of pieces. It can and will crack, chip and break. Nice part is Zagg will replace for about six bucks and shipping. Have done so twice now, life time of phone warranty.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Tempered glass has saved 4 displays in my family. My wife and my daughters have all dropped there phones and in all cases only screen protector has broken. My wife dropped here from the waste on to gravel and I was pretty sure that here screen was gone but it was only the tempered glass. I hade my phone in bed when I put my watch on and dropped it right on my phone. Looked like the hole screen cracked and my hart almost jumpt out of my body but it was only my tempered glass.

Last edited:

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Zagg glass saved my screen when phone slipped from shirt pocket hit a cast iron part in a box I was looking into. Hit dead center on screen with sharp edge of metal part. Cratered screen, thought for sure phone was toast. Pulled off screen glass protector, no damage to screen. Zagg replaced glass protector for 7 bucks.

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Can someone recommend a tempered glass protector that actually covers a bit more than just the display? I've purchased an iProtect 9H glass protector after reading the reviews on Amazon not noticing that they were all about the regular iPhone 6, not the 6 Plus. Now I'm rocking a screen protector that doesn't even fully cover the display and am seriously considering sending it back.

I'm using an Apple leather case so the screen protector would obviously have to be compatible with it. I'd like a screen protector that covers the display plus an additional 1-2mm on each side. Going through the Amazon reviews I was not able to find one where I could be 100% certain that this is the case, most protectors seem to be either exactly as large as the display or even a tad smaller.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is a tempered glass that cover edge to edge

Search for this on ebay

Nillkin 9H CP+ Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 6

I have this on my ip6 and it's great with my tpu case. I don't recommend it to anyone that's not use a case. It really builds up the display and doesn't look soo good if you don't use a case. I don't have a apple case, I have some no name cases but it work,look and feels great with my cases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal