Is a tempered glass worth it?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
well... that was really bad luck...

I tried the OtterBox Alpha Glass for now and it doesn't stick all around the edges and I got some hair underneath the glass AFTER!!!!! installation ...
Then I messaged the costumer service and they'll send a replacement for free... I'll see.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have used tempered glass on all my devices for a long time now and I think it's outstanding. I even bought no name glass and I'm really satisfied even with those cheep ones.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I tried the OtterBox Alpha Glass for now and it doesn't stick all around the edges and I got some hair underneath the glass AFTER!!!!! installation ...
Then I messaged the costumer service and they'll send a replacement for free... I'll see.

Definitely bad luck but now I am enjoying the 6 plus! Hopefully I don't drop this one - _ -

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

When it comes to their cases, OtterBox has always treated me well whenever the rubber casing in their Defender line cases starts stretching out and not fitting properly.

They send out a replacement and never ask to return the worn out one.

I would think they will be good about standing behind the display protection.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with tempered glass is the price.

Because of that, I just got a inexpensive film protector for my tempered glass protector. :)

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to their cases, OtterBox has always treated me well whenever the rubber casing in their Defender line cases starts stretching out and not fitting properly.

They send out a replacement and never ask to return the worn out one.

I would think they will be good about standing behind the display protection.

yeah their customer service is great!

and the Alpha Glass is also a good tempered glass screen protector, it's very smooth and the glass feels great, it seems to be very durable and oil resistent.. but it has that problem that it doesn't stick around the corners very well.
But I can definitely recommend it.

fonephool

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Black Ice version from phone medic. So far so good. I'm not sure about the fact that it doesn't cover the entire screen edge to edge but with the bevel I don't think any would. Had a Spigen with the plastic screen protector but didn't like the smudges on the plastic.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a matt screen protector which cost me $5 on eBay and I'd say it's worth it lol. I've never used tampered glass screen protectors so I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

ypmaiya

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the tempered glass screen protector and it looks absolutely fabulous. Have a matt screen protector too but it makes the iPhone 6 Plus screen dull. Tempered glass, i think, does provide only protection from scratches. But does not absorb impacts from dropping the phone. It is as good as dropping a glass on the floor.

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased a tempered glass screen protector and i love it! No problems. It's been only few days. It's silky feel is awesome. Feels better than the actual iPhone 6 plus screen. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Love the Zagg HDX. Don't know why the first one I had had a small crack next to the home button after a while. Maybe a stress point because it's a much used button. Zagg replaced it free but I paid 5.99 shipping. IMO well worth it. I don't notice it's even on my screen.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had a coolreal glass protector on my iP6+ for awhile. I just recently took it off because I was testing a lifeproof case and have not put it back on yet. It was great and smooth and gave me that little bit of extra security.

They are not horrible but not entirely necessary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR