Is a tempered glass worth it?

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg Glass Screen Protector and I can tell you it is overpriced. I like the feel of the glass but the plastic screen protectors may the same protection as well. If you like the feel of glass then it's that pricing compromise.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the Zagg Glass Screen Protector and I can tell you it is overpriced. I like the feel of the glass but the plastic screen protectors may the same protection as well. If you like the feel of glass then it's that pricing compromise.

I like the look and feel for the glass. And the way it holds up over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I put it on pretty much every phone I get. It really helps the feel of the device, prevents scratches, and will potentially save your screen should you drop it. I really want to do tempered glass on my iPad but I have OCD and the screen is huge!

ZekkRagnos

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never liked screen protectors and for the first time ever I'm loving my Zagg Tempered Glass on the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421680969.526861.jpg

Not worth it a friend of mine just dropped her 6 plus not to far from the ground landed face first this happened and her screen broke

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
For me, no.
Any change to the device, its touch response, whatever just doesn't feel right.
I'll take my chances.
Had the Invisible Shield on for a whole two days before I could not stand it any more!
The edges don't stick perfectly and there's a lighter looking effect because of that. Really noticeable on a space grey phone.
Easy to remove but what to do with it afterward? Can't store it anywhere because of the adhesive side. Perhaps sticking it to a sheet of parchment paper and trimming it. Does not matter I won't be installing it again.

The screen looks best without and since I get a new phone every 3-6 months but no problems. For those of you that keep your phones for 2+ years, I can see why you want to keep the screen looking best.

Different strokes for different folks like anything else.

I do have more concern with devices these days fusing the outer glass with the LCD. No cheap replacement!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I love tempered glass screen protectors. I got one for my S5 and it lasted for the 5 months that I had it. No bubbles, no marks and it looks and feels like there isn't even a protector on the screen. I've got one on my 6 plus now.

I dropped my phone a few weeks ago and I'm convinced that the tempered glass saved the screen from cracking.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The ballistic hd I Installed has a small crack in it. It hasn't bumped anything or had anything dropped on the screen. I am not to happy about that. And like someone else previously mentioned the edges aren't sticking all that well on the bottom by the the button. I also am noticing some lines or squares or something of some kind of shape on the screen protector. It is kinda just there even when I clean the screen well. It is not really anything that gets in the way, it is just there. Just saying

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I brought a glass screen protector, asked specifically for the iPhone 6 plus protector and they installed a iphone 6 protector!! Doesn't fit properly!

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeahs, tempered glass is definitely worth it as it puts a nice layer between your phone's screen and damage. My 6+ swaggers with the Zagg glass.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to think it was worth it until my phone fell and the glass screen protector didn't protect it at all. the glass screen protector was fine lol. Now I know it's not guaranteed to protect it but I was hoping it would. Anyhoo, I'm going to buy an iPhone 6 plus since my 6 is now shattered. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1425613974.009512.jpg

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I used to think it was worth it until my phone fell and the glass screen protector didn't protect it at all. the glass screen protector was fine lol. Now I know it's not guaranteed to protect it but I was hoping it would. Anyhoo, I'm going to buy an iPhone 6 plus since my 6 is now shattered. View attachment 78335
What brand was the glass protector?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro