Is a tempered glass worth it?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I put the hdx on today. So far I like it. Been awhile since I messed with a screen protector

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I put the hdx on today. So far I like it. Been awhile since I messed with a screen protector

I went with the HDX over the glass option as well. I like it. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah really can't tell there is one on. Like the warrantee so if it gets scratched I can get a new one.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So which glass best buy one is best?

I have used Spigen, iLoome, MIME USA, Nilikin and Zagg. All have done well for me in the past, I change phones like others change their socks so I get to try a lot of screen protectors. I am very happy being back on the iPhone now that we have a LARGE screen 6+

Christal Burnett

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I do not think tempered glass is worth what it costs. I have had my iphone 6 plus less that 60 days. I purchased a tempered glass screen protector and 2 weeks later it was chipped on the edge. The company replaced at a cost of $16 to me. Welllllll the second one chipped on the opposite edge. I would not waste my money or time. Definitely not worth it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I do not think tempered glass is worth what it costs. I have had my iphone 6 plus less that 60 days. I purchased a tempered glass screen protector and 2 weeks later it was chipped on the edge. The company replaced at a cost of $16 to me. Welllllll the second one chipped on the opposite edge. I would not waste my money or time. Definitely not worth it.

Not sure what brand you bought but that really sucks. I've used tempered glass on a few phones and it's been great. I put a Zagg Glass on my wife's 6 Plus. She loves it. Plus if it does chip or if you are not happy with it for any reason Zagg will just send you a new one and you return the old one. No charge ever. And we only paid $20 since Best Buy price matched Amazon. I've also used BodyGuardz and iloome with great success. Never used the return policy of those companies though so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Not all tempered glass screen protectors are the same quality. I prefer the ones that have rounded edges to prevent chipping. Spigen, iLoome, MIME USA, Zagg and Nilikin (may not offer it for the iPhone 6/6+) but there are (5) I know have held up to daily use and wear and tear.

What I can say is drop your iphone and if it lands face first you will wish you had tempered glass (quality one) on it otherwise its AppleCare+ deductible or Carrier Deductible or repair costs.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I didn't notice any chipping. What brand was it?
I bought a spigen glass tr two weeks ago, no scratches, no chipping... And my phone even dropped face down (even though it wasn't that high)
Well I feel more safe with tempered glass than with that thin plastic screen protectors

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't ever buy those cheap eBay ones. The olipobic or whatever coating wore off really quickly and left smudges all over the tempered glass. Sucks.

craftEcowgirl

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
One thing with my Zagg from BestBuy is, no fingerprint smudges!! Had it two weeks now and havnt had to wipe it.....crazy. Every other screen protector or just normal screen, i would have to wipe all the time. Love it

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you this, after dropping the phone extensively I have yet to have my screen so much as crack. I am simply using a thin zag screen protector that doesn't cover the rounded edges. And I haven't encountered any issues as of yet. Again, I will stress that my phone has taken several really bad tumbles and landings. Yes I have a minimal case but nevertheless the screen prevails.

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have one that's out of like plexiglass and it fist just right on my phone iPhone 6 plus it does not go all the way out to the edge so no it does not get rased up at all and I love the feel of it bc it feels like glass it's 40$ but it's worth every dime

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I would have to say that it is worth it. I have used every type of screen protector from the cheap $5 ones on ebay to the Zagg military sticky, stretchy stuff. The problem I had with all of them was the feel. I like the feel of the phone's glass screen. The others just either felt rubbery or sticky. The Zagg Tempered glass feels like the actual screen, and I've only cracked one of them. You would think Gorilla Glass would come out with a screen protector!

Last edited:

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought a tech armor hd ballistic screen protector from Amazon. It was pretty easy to install. I did have some light scratches on my screen, and was bummed when I saw them. Have my tempered glass and am good to go now. It feels good, no different than the phone screen itself. When I played nba jam it played the same as it did without the screen protector. I do wish it would go all the way to the edges but whatever, I had to deal with the same thing with my droid dna. Thumbs up from me👍👍

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't a fan of screen protectors until last year when I got the Zagg Glass protector for my Note 3. Now I love them. Never had an issue and I feel as though my phone is a lot more protected now. The screen is everything on these phones. So I figure if I'm going to have a case on it, I may as well have a screen protector on it too.

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely. I've used spigen & zagg. I know first hand that spigen works. Saved my screen on my old phone from smashing when I dropped it screen first onto the concrete.
I've installed a zagg on my iPad Air 2 and i love the feel of it. I haven't been unfortunate enough as of yet to have had any accidents with my iPad (thankgod) but I'm sure the Zagg would save the screen also.
Personally, I wouldn't have a device that I love sitting around without a tempered glass protector.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
YES, It's worth it. I have Zagg Glass on my iPhone, iPad and the Wife's iPhone and without the tempered glass protection I'm sure I would have had to replace at least 3 screens. IMHO it's well worth the investment of Tempered Glass Protection.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Saved my wife's iPhone 6 now TWICE...and Zagg replaced it TWICE for $5 shipping each time. Well worth it in my opinion...zagg glass took the brunt of two falls onto concrete and whatever would have cracked the screen instead cracked the protector.

I was against these things for so many years, but now...I don't think I'll ever own a phone without one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner