I do not think tempered glass is worth what it costs. I have had my iphone 6 plus less that 60 days. I purchased a tempered glass screen protector and 2 weeks later it was chipped on the edge. The company replaced at a cost of $16 to me. Welllllll the second one chipped on the opposite edge. I would not waste my money or time. Definitely not worth it.
    12-22-2014 01:07 PM
    I do not think tempered glass is worth what it costs. I have had my iphone 6 plus less that 60 days. I purchased a tempered glass screen protector and 2 weeks later it was chipped on the edge. The company replaced at a cost of $16 to me. Welllllll the second one chipped on the opposite edge. I would not waste my money or time. Definitely not worth it.
    Not sure what brand you bought but that really sucks. I've used tempered glass on a few phones and it's been great. I put a Zagg Glass on my wife's 6 Plus. She loves it. Plus if it does chip or if you are not happy with it for any reason Zagg will just send you a new one and you return the old one. No charge ever. And we only paid $20 since Best Buy price matched Amazon. I've also used BodyGuardz and iloome with great success. Never used the return policy of those companies though so I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    12-22-2014 08:03 PM
    Not all tempered glass screen protectors are the same quality. I prefer the ones that have rounded edges to prevent chipping. Spigen, iLoome, MIME USA, Zagg and Nilikin (may not offer it for the iPhone 6/6+) but there are (5) I know have held up to daily use and wear and tear.

What I can say is drop your iphone and if it lands face first you will wish you had tempered glass (quality one) on it otherwise its AppleCare+ deductible or Carrier Deductible or repair costs.
    donemt likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:09 PM
    I didn't notice any chipping. What brand was it?
    I bought a spigen glass tr two weeks ago, no scratches, no chipping... And my phone even dropped face down (even though it wasn't that high)
    Well I feel more safe with tempered glass than with that thin plastic screen protectors
    thomasliveshere likes this.
    12-23-2014 02:14 AM
    Don't ever buy those cheap eBay ones. The olipobic or whatever coating wore off really quickly and left smudges all over the tempered glass. Sucks.
    12-23-2014 02:49 AM
    One thing with my Zagg from BestBuy is, no fingerprint smudges!! Had it two weeks now and havnt had to wipe it.....crazy. Every other screen protector or just normal screen, i would have to wipe all the time. Love it

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-23-2014 09:28 AM
    I can tell you this, after dropping the phone extensively I have yet to have my screen so much as crack. I am simply using a thin zag screen protector that doesn't cover the rounded edges. And I haven't encountered any issues as of yet. Again, I will stress that my phone has taken several really bad tumbles and landings. Yes I have a minimal case but nevertheless the screen prevails.
    12-23-2014 01:10 PM
    I have one that's out of like plexiglass and it fist just right on my phone iPhone 6 plus it does not go all the way out to the edge so no it does not get rased up at all and I love the feel of it bc it feels like glass it's 40$ but it's worth every dime
    01-06-2015 02:03 AM
    I would have to say that it is worth it. I have used every type of screen protector from the cheap $5 ones on ebay to the Zagg military sticky, stretchy stuff. The problem I had with all of them was the feel. I like the feel of the phone's glass screen. The others just either felt rubbery or sticky. The Zagg Tempered glass feels like the actual screen, and I've only cracked one of them. You would think Gorilla Glass would come out with a screen protector!
    Last edited by mmohn01; 01-18-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    01-06-2015 09:46 AM
    I bought a tech armor hd ballistic screen protector from Amazon. It was pretty easy to install. I did have some light scratches on my screen, and was bummed when I saw them. Have my tempered glass and am good to go now. It feels good, no different than the phone screen itself. When I played nba jam it played the same as it did without the screen protector. I do wish it would go all the way to the edges but whatever, I had to deal with the same thing with my droid dna. Thumbs up from me👍👍
    01-06-2015 11:38 PM
    I wasn't a fan of screen protectors until last year when I got the Zagg Glass protector for my Note 3. Now I love them. Never had an issue and I feel as though my phone is a lot more protected now. The screen is everything on these phones. So I figure if I'm going to have a case on it, I may as well have a screen protector on it too.
    thomasliveshere likes this.
    01-08-2015 06:28 AM
    Absolutely. I've used spigen & zagg. I know first hand that spigen works. Saved my screen on my old phone from smashing when I dropped it screen first onto the concrete.
    I've installed a zagg on my iPad Air 2 and i love the feel of it. I haven't been unfortunate enough as of yet to have had any accidents with my iPad (thankgod) but I'm sure the Zagg would save the screen also.
    Personally, I wouldn't have a device that I love sitting around without a tempered glass protector.
    01-08-2015 10:57 AM
    YES, It's worth it. I have Zagg Glass on my iPhone, iPad and the Wife's iPhone and without the tempered glass protection I'm sure I would have had to replace at least 3 screens. IMHO it's well worth the investment of Tempered Glass Protection.
    01-08-2015 11:15 AM
    in my humble opinion really worth it imo
    01-14-2015 12:27 AM
    Saved my wife's iPhone 6 now TWICE...and Zagg replaced it TWICE for $5 shipping each time. Well worth it in my opinion...zagg glass took the brunt of two falls onto concrete and whatever would have cracked the screen instead cracked the protector.

I was against these things for so many years, but now...I don't think I'll ever own a phone without one.
    01-14-2015 01:34 AM
    I have the Zagg Glass Screen Protector and I can tell you it is overpriced. I like the feel of the glass but the plastic screen protectors may the same protection as well. If you like the feel of glass then it's that pricing compromise.
    01-14-2015 10:32 AM
    I have the Zagg Glass Screen Protector and I can tell you it is overpriced. I like the feel of the glass but the plastic screen protectors may the same protection as well. If you like the feel of glass then it's that pricing compromise.
    I like the look and feel for the glass. And the way it holds up over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-14-2015 10:48 AM
    I put it on pretty much every phone I get. It really helps the feel of the device, prevents scratches, and will potentially save your screen should you drop it. I really want to do tempered glass on my iPad but I have OCD and the screen is huge!
    01-14-2015 10:55 AM
    I've never liked screen protectors and for the first time ever I'm loving my Zagg Tempered Glass on the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-18-2015 04:58 PM
    Is a tempered glass worth it?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1421680969.526861.jpg

Not worth it a friend of mine just dropped her 6 plus not to far from the ground landed face first this happened and her screen broke
    01-19-2015 10:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421680969.526861.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	75792

Not worth it a friend of mine just dropped her 6 plus not to far from the ground landed face first this happened and her screen broke
    01-19-2015 11:00 AM
    Is her screen broke
    01-19-2015 11:01 AM
    For me, no.
    Any change to the device, its touch response, whatever just doesn't feel right.
    I'll take my chances.
    Had the Invisible Shield on for a whole two days before I could not stand it any more!
    The edges don't stick perfectly and there's a lighter looking effect because of that. Really noticeable on a space grey phone.
    Easy to remove but what to do with it afterward? Can't store it anywhere because of the adhesive side. Perhaps sticking it to a sheet of parchment paper and trimming it. Does not matter I won't be installing it again.

The screen looks best without and since I get a new phone every 3-6 months but no problems. For those of you that keep your phones for 2+ years, I can see why you want to keep the screen looking best.

Different strokes for different folks like anything else.

I do have more concern with devices these days fusing the outer glass with the LCD. No cheap replacement!
    01-20-2015 09:34 AM
    I love tempered glass screen protectors. I got one for my S5 and it lasted for the 5 months that I had it. No bubbles, no marks and it looks and feels like there isn't even a protector on the screen. I've got one on my 6 plus now.
    I dropped my phone a few weeks ago and I'm convinced that the tempered glass saved the screen from cracking.
    01-20-2015 10:22 AM
    Dropped my 5c from out of a Jeep when I forgot it was on my lap. Landed face down and you wouldn't even know it.
    maevinj likes this.
    01-20-2015 12:21 PM
102 1234 ...