Why am I very OCD when it comes to screen protectors?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416771643.069105.jpg

Zoom in and you will see the 3 tiny specs mostly visible when i get very close to that view or under the sun, what would you all do?? Leave them? Risk and mess up the protector? I don't want to buy another one n get specs on the active screen in the middle.. The best buy geek squad did awesome in this one but left those tiny specs on that area but don't want to mess with it and im fighting my ocd of just ignoring it and go on, just wondering what you all would do??

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I had best buy install a zagg hd yesterday and it came out perfect. Got home and was started using my phone and there's a black lint right dead center of my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If mine had specs like that on the active part of the screen I would right away go back and get a new one...

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
If mine had specs like that on the active part of the screen I would right away go back and get a new one...

I'm going to bring the box and receipt with me tomorrow after work to have them replace it. It's really driving me crazy right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 72098

Zoom in and you will see the 3 tiny specs mostly visible when i get very close to that view or under the sun, what would you all do?? Leave them? Risk and mess up the protector? I don't want to buy another one n get specs on the active screen in the middle.. The best buy geek squad did awesome in this one but left those tiny specs on that area but don't want to mess with it and im fighting my ocd of just ignoring it and go on, just wondering what you all would do??

I would leave it alone. It's barely noticeable and it's not on the screen. If you can't fight the urge use some tape to get the specs out while in a steamy bathroom so all the dust falls.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 72098

I would leave it alone. But that's me. I'm far from OCD. My screen protector is raised in the corners from my case because it goes edge 2 edge. Stuff like this doesn't bother me.
My friend that has a iPhone hates it when her battery goes below 90% lol. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I would leave it alone. But that's me. I'm far from OCD. My screen protector is raised in the corners from my case because it goes edge 2 edge. Stuff like this doesn't bother me.
My friend that has a iPhone hates it when her battery goes below 90% lol. I don't get it.

Yea thats how I want to be don't know why i became so ocd with my iphones :( started with my iphone 5s.....

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Now I have another friend that rocked a cracked screen 3GS for like a year and a half. Don't know how he did it.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What's more frustrating for me is buying these protectors and the screen being full of smudges / fingerprints

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I feel you. The 5S is a pretty piece. The edges on the 5S make it pop.

I think was because it was my first white phone and gold in the back, but being my very first white phone made me ocd because wanted to keep it clean and all, and i knew i got ocd with that because with the white phone it would get dirty quickly on the edges of the protector... So thats why i came back to black phone(space gray) but noticed that how i became ocd with that one made me ocd with the black one too now!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't thinks it's OCD.

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't thinks it's OCD.

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian

Well both... HAhaha

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Im the same way. I hate NOTICING that I have a screen protector on my phone. It should be pretty much invisible. My most current one was put on by Zagg, and he didnt line it up very well so on pretty much all sides there are parts of the protector that havent "adhered" to the screen. I had him redo it three times before I finally had to leave. Drives me crazy, I'll probably end up replacing it and installing it myself.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Im the same way. I hate NOTICING that I have a screen protector on my phone. It should be pretty much invisible. My most current one was put on by Zagg, and he didnt line it up very well so on pretty much all sides there are parts of the protector that havent "adhered" to the screen. I had him redo it three times before I finally had to leave. Drives me crazy, I'll probably end up replacing it and installing it myself.

Happened to me when I had the 6 too...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just put my 2nd Spigen protector on because I screwed up the first application 2 weeks ago because I was rushing and misaligned it and my case was making it peel off. But this time I nailed it.
Edge to edge protection and its perfect with my Diztronic case. No peel at all. It's a wet application and I used a Zagg squeegee which got the bubbles out much better than the Spigen squeegee.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I just put my 2nd Spigen protector on because I screwed up the first application 2 weeks ago because I was rushing and misaligned it and my case was making it peel off. But this time I nailed it.
Edge to edge protection and its perfect with my Diztronic case. No peel at all. It's a wet application and I used a Zagg squeegee which got the bubbles out much better than the Spigen squeegee.

No specs?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2