- NFC technology
- much greater camera

Simply put...

But it's still an iPhone ...yes it's better but an iPhone experience either way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Those things are spec upgrades and with the exception of apple pay and nfc isn't much different then say the iPhone 5s other then being bigger. This isn't slamming iOS mind you nor the iPhone since I generally like the phone. I am just looking for something more to make me convert back I guess ?

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Umm the verge or technobuffalo quite stated it already didn't based on a 3rd party survey. Most of the people buying iPhones are in fact people who bought iPhones

Of course most people who bought the iPhone 6 Plus are people who previously bought iPhones. The majority of people who buy Android phones had previously owned an Android phone. I can tell you I never considered an iPhone before the iPhone 6 Plus simply because the screen was too small. I would pick it up the iPhone in the store, look at that tiny screen and move on to the Android or Windows phones. Not everyone wants a large phone but it is a growing demographic and Apple was smart to finally offer a device in this category. Many people like myself prefer to carry a large phone rather than a small phone and a tablet.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Of course most people who bought the iPhone 6 Plus are people who previously bought iPhones. The majority of people who buy Android phones had previously owned an Android phone. I can tell you I never considered an iPhone before the iPhone 6 Plus simply because the screen was too small. I would pick it up the iPhone in the store, look at that tiny screen and move on to the Android or Windows phones. Not everyone wants a large phone but it is a growing demographic and Apple was smart to finally offer a device in this category. Many people like myself prefer to carry a large phone rather than a small phone and a tablet.

I have a note 4 and as I said I went to android for LTE and the bigger screen. Now I'm hoping there's a killer feature to get me to get an iPhone again. I like the iPhone and the leather cases a lot which is almost a good reason but not enough to go back...yet

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No it's an iPhone but just bigger ...in a literal sense the same iOS experience for better or for worse on a bigger screen

Gross generalization.

And in response to your link...with the 300 person sample size...

Dolls_Laughing.gif

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Gross generalization.

And in response to your link...with the 300 person sample size...

http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif

Why it's true ....other then apple pay and nfc ...what can you do on the 6 plus that you can't do on the 5s? I don't mean icons moving when you move the phone sideways and it obviously being larger and better screen.

This isn't a I hate iPhone rant . I just want something more really in the iPhone like multi window ..or some killer feature

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OP, what new hardware would you suggest? The iPhone just got a whole bunch of new features in iOS 8. Plus the new hardware mentioned above. Was there something specific you wanted?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Why it's true ....other then apple pay and nfc ...what can you do on the 6 plus that you can't do on the 5s? I don't mean icons moving when you move the phone sideways and it obviously being larger and better screen.

This isn't a I hate iPhone rant . I just want something more really in the iPhone like multi window ..or some killer feature

1) Swiping through your apps also now reveals recent phone calls.

2) Landscape views (moving icons when you move your phone sideways) is also potentially huge. It mostly has an impact on texting and settings. (If your texting in landscape view, it will show all your contacts while you are writing a message. In you go to settings in landscape view it will show you the setting menu while you modify settings so you never have to click back). Not alot of apps support this feature yet, but when they do the implications could be pretty huge. It could make navigating certain apps even easier.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
OP, what new hardware would you suggest? The iPhone just got a whole bunch of new features in iOS 8. Plus the new hardware mentioned above. Was there something specific you wanted?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Yes and no? While I would love to have multi window I also know apple is good with having new features like touch id which Tbh never cared for until I got my iPad air 2 which is amazing. Quick enough to open like swiping yet more secure

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
According to Tim Cook supply and demand isn't on the same planet. So that would suggest that there is a whole new book of buyers probably Android converts. The fact that the OP desires "Killer Features" doesn't mean that other Android users need these "Killer Features" to convert.
What's quite evident is that Apple is selling a $hit load of iPhones this year probably mostly 6 Plus based on the back order status from carriers.
So to the OP if the 6 Plus isn't good enough for you yet wait for the S version. If that's not good enough for you stick with the Note 4 or get a Note 5 when its released.
The Note 4 has your "Killer Features" right? So you should be content right?
Or maybe you're not really content with the Note 4. Seems you want a iPhone with Android OS. That's ok there are quite a few of you around here that get your iOS fix with a iPad and that's ok too. Apple will take your money anyway they can get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's not true at all...and the differences have been listed ad nauseam, including a few listed in this specific thread. You want more features...we get it, it wasn't a confusing point you made at the beginning...but your continued inference that the iPhone 6 Plus is just an old iPhone with a bigger screen is hilariously asinine.

And I never saw it as an "I hate iPhone" rant...what it is is you making really ridiculous and pitifully generalized statements about the device that simply aren't true.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
But it's still an iPhone ...yes it's better but an iPhone experience either way

Damn straight.
Some of us not only like the reliable iPhone experience, we prefer it.

If you don't like the iPhone why are you here?

Did you buy an iPhone 6+ expecting lollipop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm all for adding new features but I hope Apple doesn't get into a "me too" competition with Android. Just because Android can split a little 6-inch screen into four tiny windows doesn't mean Apple should too. Apple and app developers should take advantage of the larger size of the Plus screen but do so judiciously in ways that most people will find useful and convenient. For example, I think designers might want to consider the option of having music controls locked in place at the bottom of the screen when using the navigation program because many people, like myself, listen to music while they drive. I'm willing to wait for a design that is thoughtful incorporated rather than making split screens just because Android phones do it. That said, if Android or Microsoft come up will a great feature Apple should definitely rip it off be inspired by it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

You consider multi window a killer feature?
What a joke.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
For me size was the only thing missing. For performance and battery life I doubt we'll get true multi apps at once for awhile. But on this I could just be drinking the cool aid. I just know the performance is great and this would compromise it at least for now.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Damn straight.
Some of us not only like the reliable iPhone experience, we prefer it.

If you don't like the iPhone why are you here?

Did you buy an iPhone 6+ expecting lollipop?

And of course I get the cool aid drinking people who don't even bother reading my initial post.

I like iOS and even have an iPad. I thought about getting the 6 plus but nothing screamed at me saying get me now. This is just an opinion obviously.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And of course I get the cool aid drinking people who don't even bother reading my initial post.

I like iOS and even have an iPad. I thought about getting the 6 plus but nothing screamed at me saying get me now. This is just an opinion obviously.

Then stop saying absolutely idiotic things like the iPhone 6 Plus is "just a bigger iPhone"...opinion or not, when you say something so inaccurate, it's really difficult to not jump on your comments to correct you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner