No it's an iPhone but just bigger ...in a literal sense the same iOS experience for better or for worse on a bigger screen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gross generalization.

And in response to your link...with the 300 person sample size...

11-19-2014 11:23 AM
    Gross generalization.

And in response to your link...with the 300 person sample size...

http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4...s_Laughing.gif
    Why it's true ....other then apple pay and nfc ...what can you do on the 6 plus that you can't do on the 5s? I don't mean icons moving when you move the phone sideways and it obviously being larger and better screen.

This isn't a I hate iPhone rant . I just want something more really in the iPhone like multi window ..or some killer feature

chinmay007 likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:26 AM
    OP, what new hardware would you suggest? The iPhone just got a whole bunch of new features in iOS 8. Plus the new hardware mentioned above. Was there something specific you wanted?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-19-2014 11:43 AM
    Why it's true ....other then apple pay and nfc ...what can you do on the 6 plus that you can't do on the 5s? I don't mean icons moving when you move the phone sideways and it obviously being larger and better screen.

This isn't a I hate iPhone rant . I just want something more really in the iPhone like multi window ..or some killer feature

1) Swiping through your apps also now reveals recent phone calls.

2) Landscape views (moving icons when you move your phone sideways) is also potentially huge. It mostly has an impact on texting and settings. (If your texting in landscape view, it will show all your contacts while you are writing a message. In you go to settings in landscape view it will show you the setting menu while you modify settings so you never have to click back). Not alot of apps support this feature yet, but when they do the implications could be pretty huge. It could make navigating certain apps even easier.
    11-19-2014 11:44 AM
    OP, what new hardware would you suggest? The iPhone just got a whole bunch of new features in iOS 8. Plus the new hardware mentioned above. Was there something specific you wanted?

Yes and no? While I would love to have multi window I also know apple is good with having new features like touch id which Tbh never cared for until I got my iPad air 2 which is amazing. Quick enough to open like swiping yet more secure

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 11:46 AM
    According to Tim Cook supply and demand isn't on the same planet. So that would suggest that there is a whole new book of buyers probably Android converts. The fact that the OP desires "Killer Features" doesn't mean that other Android users need these "Killer Features" to convert.
    What's quite evident is that Apple is selling a $hit load of iPhones this year probably mostly 6 Plus based on the back order status from carriers.
    So to the OP if the 6 Plus isn't good enough for you yet wait for the S version. If that's not good enough for you stick with the Note 4 or get a Note 5 when its released.
    The Note 4 has your "Killer Features" right? So you should be content right?
    Or maybe you're not really content with the Note 4. Seems you want a iPhone with Android OS. That's ok there are quite a few of you around here that get your iOS fix with a iPad and that's ok too. Apple will take your money anyway they can get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    jburke82 likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:31 PM

It's not true at all...and the differences have been listed ad nauseam, including a few listed in this specific thread. You want more features...we get it, it wasn't a confusing point you made at the beginning...but your continued inference that the iPhone 6 Plus is just an old iPhone with a bigger screen is hilariously asinine.

And I never saw it as an "I hate iPhone" rant...what it is is you making really ridiculous and pitifully generalized statements about the device that simply aren't true.
    jburke82 likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:31 PM
    But it's still an iPhone ...yes it's better but an iPhone experience either way

Damn straight.
    Some of us not only like the reliable iPhone experience, we prefer it.

If you don't like the iPhone why are you here?

Did you buy an iPhone 6+ expecting lollipop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 12:34 PM
    I'm all for adding new features but I hope Apple doesn't get into a "me too" competition with Android. Just because Android can split a little 6-inch screen into four tiny windows doesn't mean Apple should too. Apple and app developers should take advantage of the larger size of the Plus screen but do so judiciously in ways that most people will find useful and convenient. For example, I think designers might want to consider the option of having music controls locked in place at the bottom of the screen when using the navigation program because many people, like myself, listen to music while they drive. I'm willing to wait for a design that is thoughtful incorporated rather than making split screens just because Android phones do it. That said, if Android or Microsoft come up will a great feature Apple should definitely rip it off be inspired by it.
    chinmay007 likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:35 PM

You consider multi window a killer feature?
    What a joke.

11-19-2014 12:39 PM
    You consider multi window a killer feature?
    What a joke.

Lol because it's actually useful ?

11-19-2014 12:45 PM
    For me size was the only thing missing. For performance and battery life I doubt we'll get true multi apps at once for awhile. But on this I could just be drinking the cool aid. I just know the performance is great and this would compromise it at least for now.
    11-19-2014 12:48 PM

No way it's really cool. It comes at a performance cost.

Wrong quote. Just don't agree with negative nelly thinking its a joke feature.
    Closingracer likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:49 PM
    Damn straight.
    Some of us not only like the reliable iPhone experience, we prefer it.

If you don't like the iPhone why are you here?

Did you buy an iPhone 6+ expecting lollipop?

And of course I get the cool aid drinking people who don't even bother reading my initial post.

I like iOS and even have an iPad. I thought about getting the 6 plus but nothing screamed at me saying get me now. This is just an opinion obviously.

Smply_Rcklss likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:52 PM
    And of course I get the cool aid drinking people who don't even bother reading my initial post.

I like iOS and even have an iPad. I thought about getting the 6 plus but nothing screamed at me saying get me now. This is just an opinion obviously.

Then stop saying absolutely idiotic things like the iPhone 6 Plus is "just a bigger iPhone"...opinion or not, when you say something so inaccurate, it's really difficult to not jump on your comments to correct you.
    FFR likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:54 PM
    Then stop saying absolutely idiotic things like the iPhone 6 Plus is "just a bigger iPhone"...opinion or not, when you say something so inaccurate, it's really difficult to not jump on your comments to correct you.
    But the iPhone 6 plus is a bigger iPhone .... It literally is a bigger version with nfc and apple pay . Nothing I seen so far takes advantage of the bigger screen other then Netflix with 1080 p video , pics in messenger , mail and obviously more content on safari

11-19-2014 12:57 PM
    Those things are spec upgrades and with the exception of apple pay and nfc isn't much different then say the iPhone 5s other then being bigger. This isn't slamming iOS mind you nor the iPhone since I generally like the phone. I am just looking for something more to make me convert back I guess ?

You need to be more specific about "something more" besides "multitasking." Because when you keep saying things like it's just a bigger phone and it needs "more" to "convert" you back, it sounds much like you're slamming the product for not being feature-rich which is untrue.
    11-19-2014 01:02 PM

Once split screen is enabled the devices goes from a 5.7 inch screen to two 2.85 inch screens.

You consider that useful?

11-19-2014 01:05 PM
    Yes and no? While I would love to have multi window I also know apple is good with having new features like touch id which Tbh never cared for until I got my iPad air 2 which is amazing. Quick enough to open like swiping yet more secure

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    What amazing new hardware has Android added lately? We're not talking about OS software. What hardware have they introduced in the past year?

11-19-2014 01:12 PM
    Once split screen is enabled the devices goes from a 5.7 inch screen to two 2.85 inch screens.

You consider that useful?

Lol .....have you even ever tried it before ?

11-19-2014 01:21 PM
    What amazing new hardware has Android added lately? We're not talking about OS software. What hardware have they introduced in the past year?

3gb of ram , better cameras to name a few ( relative to android ). The 3 core cpu and 2 gb of ram in the iPad Air 2 is very good and hopefully add it in the iPhone 6s plus . That alone might get me to change. I prefer iOS actually but not enough to foresake the about $20-$50 of apps

11-19-2014 01:24 PM
    3gb of ram , better cameras to name a few ( relative to android ). The 3 core cpu and 2 gb of ram in the iPad Air 2 is very good and hopefully add it in the iPhone 6s plus . That alone might get me to change. I prefer iOS actually but not enough to foresake the about $20-$50 of apps

Now I know you're just toying with us.
    11-19-2014 01:27 PM
    But the iPhone 6 plus is a bigger iPhone .... It literally is a bigger version with nfc and apple pay . Nothing I seen so far takes advantage of the bigger screen other then Netflix with 1080 p video , pics in messenger , mail and obviously more content on safari

Whether the features are legitimate to you or not is irrelevant...what you are inferring with your comments is not accurate, and your continued push for such just makes you look like a tool. Of course it literally is a bigger iPhone...with plenty of new function and features vs. the older iPhones. I'm hoping this sinks into your noggin since this is becoming so redundant.
    11-19-2014 01:27 PM
    Lol .....have you even ever tried it before ?

Yes I have and i find it utterly useless on a 5.5-6 inch device.

Last edited by FFR; 11-19-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    11-19-2014 01:29 PM
    I just can't believe he insisted that there is better camera hardware on some Android phones. I can't even find the proper GIF to describe my amusement.
    11-19-2014 01:30 PM
101 1234 ...