7 things about my 6+/IOS that are annoying me.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I could use some help :p This is my 3rd overall trying apple(and 2nd with iPhone 6+) and I have to say my experience has been mixed.

Coming from Windows Phone, I ironically seem to enjoy Microsoft services better on iPhone than Windows Phone and I got to enjoy some apps in their full states. I love the FFC but hate the overall Camera App(I prefer Lumia Camera app with all its features)

On the other hand, between Siri being abysmal, I hate the keyboard(Stock & third party) and there are other things that annoy me.

Could use some help...

1. Custom Ringtones-
How do you make them? I more or less figured it out but I had to use this website, trim it down, save it as an iPhone format, then sync iPhone with iTunes.

I tried to download this app called Ringtone maker, I trimmed it in app but it said something about needing iTunes.

So do I really need to use iTunes? Is there no way around this? I am used to own Windows Phone, just using the app, trimming the song and hitting save and having my ringtone saved in the settings area.

2. ITunes store

Let me say first I LOVE TOUCH ID. It is so fun. I sometimes just lock my phone just to unlock it again :p

And I love the fact I can use it in the iTunes store(and I discovered I can use many different fingers).

That being said.....What bugs me about the iTunes store is that it constantly asks me to input my password. I get that it is done for security reasons but it is annoying.

-If the phone restarts apparently instead it reverts back to password input instead of touch ID

-It doesn't always ask for my password on every app I install. Which annoys me....While annoying that it asks more than once, I'd prefer it to be consistent. it seems for every 2-3 apps I download, the next time I download it'll not ask the password and the pattern continues.

Is there a setting to turn off pass requirement? Again, I am used to on Windows Phone just hitting install and going on about my business without much care. No need to install passwords EVERYTIME I go into the store. I could see if these were paid apps I was downloading, these are all free.

3. Safari
Safari is not bad....but I may be in the majority but I miss IE lol.

That being said, some things about safari bug me. Is there a way to make it open up sites in their desktop views instead of mobile view? That being said, I didn't like it at first but safari is growing to annoy me less.

I'd probably enjoy safari IF apple had a Windows version that syncs with my computer.

Is there no firefox app? I know there is on Android but I couldn't find one in the App store.....I refuse to use Chrome. I don't like google. So I more or less just tolerate Safari.

4. Battery Life

I am going to guess that this is because I have apps running in the background, but the battery life on my iPhone 6+ is awful. I fully charged the phone and within an hour my battery life had gone down 13%

That kind of bugged me. It's definitely obvious I am going to make major adjustments to apps because I noticed just now as typing this, there were still apps that were open that I opened 12 hours ago lol. I am not used to that. I am used to Windows Phone handling the battery management better and not having to assist/hand hold it but having to constantly close apps all the time(one of the reasons I dislike Android)

It really isn't a question for number 4 so much as just a complaint lol.

5. Twitter Overload

Okay this baffled me. I installed the twitter app on my phone....and it literally bugged me to the point of no return with an overboard of notifications. I am fairly popular on twitter and I love getting retweets and mentions.

However, I disliked the fact that I was getting notifications of tweets people were making in general(especially spam or nonsensical posters). It was annoying and I couldn't find a way to turn it off. So I decided to turn ALL notifications off period.

The settings are weird...in the settings there are literally two different settings menus for Twitter. Any twitter users can help out?

6. icloud

Maybe I am just missing it but I have the icloud app on my Surface Tablet(Windows). I thought if I just copied images into the file folder icloud photos, that they'd show up there. However any images I copied never show up in my phone.

How exactly do I move images from my PC to get on my iPhone or is this another case of iTunes being needed?

7. Speaking of cloud

I use Onedrive.....how exactly can I send via SMS or email images or videos or documents that I have in my onedrive account. I honestly don't think(if I stick with iPhone) icloud will work for me. Seems a bit convoluted personally.

What I do love

-I am not a fan of iTunes on the desktop but the music app on the phone itself is beautiful and lovely and I enjoy using it :D

-Touch ID is amazing. While it is not something I am dying for and a bit gimmicky imo, it's a fun gimmick :p

-to be only 1.2 megapixels, that FFC is pretty good. Like my Lumia had the same 1.2 or 1.3 megapixels yet my FFC pics are very low quality lol

-This is going to sound silly, but I love that IOS shows you all attachments you've sent to someone via text message. It really is convenient. My friends and I or my boyfriend and I are constantly sending pics and I am so used to scrolling up through long messages to find images.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Ringtones will have to be synced through iTunes or purchased through iTunes on your phone.

Your battery is defective it should never go dead in an hour no matter what you have running.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Ringtones will have to be synced through iTunes or purchased through iTunes on your phone.

Your battery is defective it should never go dead in an hour no matter what you have running.

So is this normal?
That doesn't seem normal to lose that much battery life. And I haven't even really been using the phone that heavily as I would on say my lumia.

a3a52312198406b251fe3465963c4645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I apologize I misread your post. You are at 87%? This could be because it is a new phone, and because of that you are using it more than you would under normal circumstances.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If you are at 12% no that is not normal.

I am not at 12%. I lost that much barely using in an hour.

I updated the image in my previous post to reflect my usage now. I think that is a bit crazy to lose 34% battery life in that time period.

How large is this battery in the phone?

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
2,915mAH from what I can find.

Yeah I will probably take it in to the Apple Store, that is if I decide to keep it in the end, and see if there s something up with it. I could understand on day 1 when I got it and maybe I used it to learn it more than normal but I haven't really been doing much with it other than my usual usage.

I am now down to 50% so I am definitely thinking something is up with this battery.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I will probably take it in to the Apple Store, that is if I decide to keep it in the end, and see if there s something up with it. I could understand on day 1 when I got it and maybe I used it to learn it more than normal but I haven't really been doing much with it other than my usual usage.

I am now down to 50% so I am definitely thinking something is up with this battery.

I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but how long have you had the phone?

My battery drain didn't level out for a few weeks after I got the phone. I now get spectacular battery life.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if I missed this somewhere, but how long have you had the phone?

My battery drain didn't level out for a few weeks after I got the phone. I now get spectacular battery life.

I got it this past Saturday
But something definitely has to be wrong with this battery. I know you have to train it sometimes but this seems a bit insane.

61% in three hours time?
afcfec96708f65881a47f5440c12bba3.jpg

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I think you should take the phone in to the Apple Store, your battery is draining pretty fast. It's not normal.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So is this normal?
That doesn't seem normal to lose that much battery life. And I haven't even really been using the phone that heavily as I would on say my lumia.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/18/a3a52312198406b251fe3465963c4645.jpg
Sometimes one just gets a bad one. It happens with all smartphones and just about everything else. You may, indeed, have a bad battery. And even though your screenshot suggests you leave your brightness turned up too high, it still should not be that bad. You might want to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store and let them check it out. If not an Apple Store, then to your carrier. If the battery is bad, it should still be under warranty.
As far as the camera goes, have you tried any of the 3rd party cameras? ProCamera 8 is great. So is Camera+ and a little gem called ProShot. The 645 Pro is also great.

4 great cameras:
645 PRO Mk III by Michael Hardaker
https://appsto.re/us/fr64E.i

ProCamera 8 by Cocologics
https://appsto.re/us/BN3zP.i

Camera+ by tap tap tap
https://appsto.re/us/X-LPt.i

ProShot by Edward Kezeli
https://appsto.re/us/9fDg3.i

I use ProCamera 8 as my default camera that sits in my dock.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Key22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
1. I haven't actually tried to do this any other way except by using iTunes. Try Ringtone Designer in the App Store if that doesn't work than you can always download iTunes to do it there. Use YouTube to help guide you with it.

2. No this can't be turned off. Trust me...You don't want it to be off. It's easy access to your credit card information if your phone is ever lost or stolen or if someone is simply using it like a child and they accidentally purchase something without your knowledge. That has happened to me before. The reason why it doesn't ask Every Time is because it's set to every 15-Minutes if you download within that time than its not going to ask which can only be changed to "Immediately"...!!!

3. Nope. No Firefox app.

4. There may be something wrong with your battery but I'm not too convinced that there is. In your screenshot your brightness looks like it's all the way up which drains a lot of battery and you have your bluetooth on. You even noticed that you had apps running in the background. Try to change those things for one day and see if it changes...If not than there is definitely something wrong with your battery.

5. I don't use Twitter but turning off the notifications for Twitter should help with that.

6. This can be an annoying process sometimes. I have done this by using apps like OneCloud...It's very helpful or I send them to myself via email...!! Unless you have an Apple laptop or desktop...I think it's meant for "Windows Users" to have a hard time with this.

7. You have to download the images (Which only takes a second) to your phone than you can send them.

P.S. Quick Question: It seems like you loved your Windows Phone a lot...What made you switch??

I hope this helped. Download iTunes...It's always nice to have. My responses are based on personal experience...If anyone has a better knowledge of anything above let us both know.

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from the Lumia 1520 and my experience is the battery life on iPhone 6 Plus is about the same as the 1520. If you see a big difference there may be something unusual going on.

I'm not directly using iCloud and just use OneDrive for my files and photos. I LOVE that photos automatically back up to OneDrive.

The fingerprint scanner is without question my favorite thing about the iPhone 6 Plus.

Another things I love are the accessories. I got a case from Incipio that has a kickstand and a compartment to hold my ID and credit card. I'm also looking at some custom carrying cases.

The one thing that bugs me is the placement of the power button opposite the volume buttons. The case on my phone requires I use some pressure to press the buttons and when I turn the screen off I keep turning down the ringer volume. I realize the designers moved the button from the top so it would be easier to press but Apple should have copied Nokia by placing all the buttons on one side.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Batteries don't get trained....

Either screen brightness is all the way up, that would indicate the home screen usage, or you have the screen set to never turn off.

Either way have it checked out at Apple.

diaz2010

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Batteries don't get trained....

Either screen brightness is all the way up, that would indicate the home screen usage, or you have the screen set to never turn off.

Either way have it checked out at Apple.

I agree batteries don't get trained. But users tend to use the devices excessively when they are new. Which in many cases leads to complaints about battery life.

I would also take it to the Apple Store and have it checked to be sure.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Having the screen brightness all the way up drains the battery super fast... Also what are your emails set to do? Are they set up to fetch often ? That drains the battery. If your not using Bluetooth often, turn it off until you need it. Background refresh on for all your apps? I have it off except for a couple of apps. I think you should take it to Apple to check your battery. Do a google search for tips on saving battery life, this is very useful as you can find things you can turn off or adjust to really improve your battery life. My screen brightness is set at about 45%, which is perfect for me. I did a test one day after receiving my 6+, I turned my brightness up to 100% to see how long the battery would last.. It was amazingly fast compared to my lower settings. Let us know how it turns out at Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use my iPhone with screen brightness at 100% and auto-brightness OFF about 95% of the time and get great battery life while doing so...I think there's an issue with his device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner