7 things about my 6+/IOS that are annoying me.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Make sure app purchases are checked under Touch ID.

-If the phone restarts apparently instead it reverts back to password input instead of touch ID

Security.

-It doesn't always ask for my password on every app I install. Which annoys me....While annoying that it asks more than once, I'd prefer it to be consistent. it seems for every 2-3 apps I download, the next time I download it'll not ask the password and the pattern continues.

This doesn't sound normal. Go to the Apple store.

Is there a setting to turn off pass requirement? Again, I am used to on Windows Phone just hitting install and going on about my business without much care. No need to install passwords EVERYTIME I go into the store. I could see if these were paid apps I was downloading, these are all free.

Install passwords? Anyway, asking passwords is to prevent someone from downloading erroneous apps on your phone. If you don't want the password, check app purchases using Touch ID.

Safari is not bad....but I may be in the majority but I miss IE lol.

IE is one of the many things I don't miss about Windows Phone. That said, Safari hasn't always been my favorite(have used Chrome) but it's gotten to the point where I've ditched Chrome and have been exclusively Safari. It is getting much better.

I am going to guess that this is because I have apps running in the background, but the battery life on my iPhone 6+ is awful. I fully charged the phone and within an hour my battery life had gone down 13%

This is not normal. This reminds me of my 920s. Go to the Apple store and get it replaced. That battery life is awful. However as other users have pointed out, why is your screen lit up on high?

That kind of bugged me. It's definitely obvious I am going to make major adjustments to apps because I noticed just now as typing this, there were still apps that were open that I opened 12 hours ago lol. I am not used to that. I am used to Windows Phone handling the battery management better and not having to assist/hand hold it but having to constantly close apps all the time(one of the reasons I dislike Android)

Please read up on the new OS before making judgement. Aside from certain apps like the music player, the apps you see are in the frozen state. Understand multitasking and background activity on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Windows Phone also uses a card system that puts these apps in a frozen state as well. I'm not sure how this is differentSwitch between
apps | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Okay this baffled me. I installed the twitter app on my phone....and it literally bugged me to the point of no return with an overboard of notifications. I am fairly popular on twitter and I love getting retweets and mentions.

However, I disliked the fact that I was getting notifications of tweets people were making in general(especially spam or nonsensical posters). It was annoying and I couldn't find a way to turn it off. So I decided to turn ALL notifications off period.

The settings are weird...in the settings there are literally two different settings menus for Twitter. Any twitter users can help out?

This is why I uninstalled twitter. I have no clue as to what is going on with that app. I installed a third party app instead.

I use Onedrive.....how exactly can I send via SMS or email images or videos or documents that I have in my onedrive account. I honestly don't think(if I stick with iPhone) icloud will work for me. Seems a bit convoluted personally.

Go to your One Drive App, click on the photo and there is a square with an arrow pointing up button on the lower left hand side. Click send file and click message. iCloud is not any different than OneDrive so I am not sure why it is more "convoluted." Perhaps it's because you are not use to it.

-I am not a fan of iTunes on the desktop but the music app on the phone itself is beautiful and lovely and I enjoy using it :D

Personal preference here. I am not a fan of Microsoft's offering.

-Touch ID is amazing. While it is not something I am dying for and a bit gimmicky imo, it's a fun gimmick :p

More than a gimmick. Read up on the uses of Touch ID. If you're not a fan of passwords, this feature should have proven itself as more than a gimmick in your eyes.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help everyone :)

I did go to the Apple store and I decided for the time being to go back to windows phone with my Lumia 1520. This is my 2nd endeavor and unlike the first time where I didn't fully go in with an open mind(I was still using both Lumia and a 6+), this time with my 2nd try I didn't have my Lumia and it gave me a chance to really spend time exclusively with IOS the last few days.

All in all, it is a VIABLE alternative to me and if a 3rd time comes around where I want to try it(If Apple boosted the camera on the back and in front, I likely would've been able to fully tolerate my annoyances and stuck with it) I feel like apple will have finally managed to catch me :p

But presently, my experience with my Lumia is something that apple/iPhone has not yet fully been able to match and one of the biggest issues/frustrations was the overload of notifications. While I know I can easily turn them off/on, I think the live tiles concept for me is much better(and I really dislike seeing all those red badges beside various apps).

Not to mention I don't like having to constantly keep rearranging icons on IOS everytime I install something and having to hunt for where it is. I love that Windows Phone has an Alphabetical list(along with the Letter to jump to a particular app by letter) which makes finding apps easier.

Also, I only had the 16 GB model.......and that just was not going to do for me.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you've already made your decision, but when/if you do come back to iOS, there's an easy way to find apps. Just use the Spotlight search. On any home page, make a quick swipe down and you'll see the search bar. Start typing the first couple of characters of the app name and when the result pops up, tap on it to open. I use it all the time and it works great.

This.
Or just ask Siri to launch whatever app you were looking for.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you've already made your decision, but when/if you do come back to iOS, there's an easy way to find apps. Just use the Spotlight search. On any home page, make a quick swipe down and you'll see the search bar. Start typing the first couple of characters of the app name and when the result pops up, tap on it to open. I use it all the time and it works great.

This.
Or just ask Siri to launch whatever app you were looking for.

Good luck.

Maybe because I am not used to it...But I did not like Spotlight. I didn't like the swiping down because I did it unintentionally sometimes and sometimes it didn't always come up when I wanted it to.

I guess I am just used to on Windows phone hitting the search button and typing that way(Same amount of steps, but it seems more sensible that way).

And Oh god at asking for Siri to do anything for me lol.
Siri reminds me of the saying "If you want something done, do it yourself."

I think using Cortana is one of the reason why I hate Siri because I can easily tell how limited Siri is and having to constantly repeat myself or her not being capable enough to do something bugged me. If Cortana ever comes to iPhone(And I can replace siri with Cortana), then I can see myself using it :D

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I meant minorioty :p

(Though IE does have the highest marketshare, certainly more than Safari, so I may not be wrong :p)
Google Chrome overtakes Microsoft's Internet Explorer as most-used US web browser | Daily Mail Online

I'm not a big fan of either. But, market share doesn't always mean it's something one would miss. As an example, there are many more tax payers than not. But, you wouldn't miss paying taxes would you?

You're more likely to explain that market share stat by looking at this: Operating system market share With 85% of the OS market coming with IE, you'd expect it to have a higher percentage than other browsers.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Google Chrome overtakes Microsoft's Internet Explorer as most-used US web browser | Daily Mail Online

I'm not a big fan of either. But, market share doesn't always mean it's something one would miss. As an example, there are many more tax payers than not. But, you wouldn't miss paying taxes would you?

You're more likely to explain that market share stat by looking at this: Operating system market share With 85% of the OS market coming with IE, you'd expect it to have a higher percentage than other browsers.

That is only us based though :p globally I do believe IE is still top dog....and that was more so about mobile browsers on the article.

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
That is only us based though :p globally I do believe IE is still top dog....and that was more so about mobile browsers on the article.

I'd argue that's because IE is Microsoft... and it's installed on EVERY single windows device by default.
Some people are lazy when it comes to downloading a different browser and setting it up.

If you had to actually download IE and set it up like firefox, I doubt anyone would use it ._.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because I am not used to it...But I did not like Spotlight. I didn't like the swiping down because I did it unintentionally sometimes and sometimes it didn't always come up when I wanted it to.

I guess I am just used to on Windows phone hitting the search button and typing that way(Same amount of steps, but it seems more sensible that way).

And Oh god at asking for Siri to do anything for me lol.
Siri reminds me of the saying "If you want something done, do it yourself."

I think using Cortana is one of the reason why I hate Siri because I can easily tell how limited Siri is and having to constantly repeat myself or her not being capable enough to do something bugged me. If Cortana ever comes to iPhone(And I can replace siri with Cortana), then I can see myself using it :D

Since the introduction of hey Siri in the iOS 8 beta, I use her constantly. She is pretty useful.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

urrl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I can say that I was annoyed at getting ringtones into my iP6+ until I jail broke it and installed Pro Tube. Now I can not only download and save any YouTube video onto my phone, I can also convert them in the phone into audio music files or ring tones. This feature alone makes the phone so awesome to me. So if there is still a chance for you to jail break I would advise it.

zinstantz

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I also want to add the annoying alarm clock. There is no way for me to turn it off if I woke up before scheduled; easily one of the most missed feature for me after switching from Android.

vncmgn

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It's so easy to use the desktop version of a site in safari just click the address bar and pull down click desktop version. Anyway try opera mini they updated and there are very practical settings available

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2