Hello everyone,

It's my first post, nice to be here!

So I'm currently on the fence of whether to upgrade to the 6 plus or note 4 from my 5. The reviews indicate that the note 4 is better, even more so with the cheaper price. I've seen the videos too and tbh the features easily triumph over the 6 plus, what with the s-pen and all. However, they were also the exact same reason why I bought the S4 and I ended up hating it. It lagged, the UI was ugly, the features were useless and the apps didn't hold a candle compared to the iOS apps.

Now it's been 2 years and maybe samsung/android has improved a lot in those areas? So since this is an iPhone forum, please, convince me why I should get the 6 plus instead of note 4.

Thanks!
    11-16-2014 05:13 PM
    If you need convincing you should probably get the Note 4...
    11-16-2014 05:16 PM
    There are a ton of posts on both these devices. Comparing them and showing different specs. You really need to make the decision for yourself, your the one that's going to be using it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 05:17 PM
    If you need convincing you should probably get the Note 4...
    I dunno, my heart says 6+ and my head says note 4

There are a ton of posts on both these devices. Comparing them and showing different specs. You really need to make the decision for yourself, your the one that's going to be using it.

Yeah sorry, should've searched around first
    11-16-2014 05:20 PM
    Not saying you have to search but for me my phone is a personal device. What I want it for May be very different even from what my wife wants.

sicario666 and rdubmu like this.
    11-16-2014 05:21 PM
    I will just back up what has already been said. Do your research, go handle both devices and pick the one that has what you value/need the most. You should not let anyone convince you to get anything. I may value the ecosystem of Apple and you may absolutely be in love with the S-Pen and can't live without it. No matter what I tell you won't change what you need. Good luck with your choice. If you have specific questions on the 6 plus there are plenty of people here that can help you with those.
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-16-2014 05:26 PM
    If you aren't invested in one platform more than the other then you should make this decision all on your own. Just see what you like best. I ordered a nexus 6, but my primary phone is a 6+ bc I have so much put into the apple platform. Don't think you can go wrong with either one, personally.
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-16-2014 05:34 PM
    Hello everyone,

So I'm currently on the fence of whether to upgrade to the 6 plus or note 4 from my 5. The reviews indicate that the note 4 is better, even more so with the cheaper price. I've seen the videos too and tbh the features easily triumph over the 6 plus, what with the s-pen and all. However, they were also the exact same reason why I bought the S4 and I ended up hating it. It lagged, the UI was ugly, the features were useless and the apps didn't hold a candle compared to the iOS apps.

Now it's been 2 years and maybe samsung/android has improved a lot in those areas? So since this is an iPhone forum, please, convince me why I should get the 6 plus instead of note 4.

Thanks!
    Only you can convince yourself on what to get. iPhones work for me. I don't need to experiment because I use the devices that work for me and work well. For others the Note may do the same thing.
    So what works for you?

11-16-2014 05:43 PM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks!
    Come on now...you have to convince yourself. We don't know which phone works best for you.
    11-16-2014 05:50 PM
    It's a matter of preference, choose what will fit your needs the best. But either way, welcome to IMore.
    11-16-2014 06:01 PM
    I have both... Selling my note 4 now. But maybe you will like it go try it out
    11-16-2014 06:59 PM
    Simple, no ill intended, but what YOU want, if you want others to give you reviews that's cool, but don't let others determine how YOU spend your money
    11-16-2014 07:19 PM
    Buy what you want. If you need someone to convince you of anything, stick the money in your pocket.
    rdubmu and Budi Sudaryo like this.
    11-16-2014 07:36 PM
    I have both phones and won't try to convince you to get either one. Though if you thought the S4 lagged, the UI was ugly, the features were useless and the apps didn't hold a candle compared to the iOS apps, I don't think that the Note 4 is for you.
    Budi Sudaryo likes this.
    11-16-2014 07:43 PM
    There is a 14 day return period for each device. Try one and then return it and try the other. Or you can go into the store and try them both.
    11-16-2014 07:58 PM
    get the note 4 only because topics like this irratate me. No one should convince anyone if you need convincing it also means your not happy so why should anyone convince you ? if you were happy you wouldnt of felt need to post this
    rdiddy_25 and E_Brown like this.
    11-16-2014 10:32 PM
    I recall a thread similar to this a while back....
    11-16-2014 11:20 PM
    I recall a thread similar to this a while back....
    I recall a thread like this daily. It's part of being a forum people want to ask the apple people why they don't like Samsung then go to android central and ask them why they don't like Apple. And eventually they just buy the phone they like anyways
    taz323 and jburke82 like this.
    11-16-2014 11:33 PM
    Take it from someone who has left ios several times for android. I've always come back to ios. Android will lose its luster after a few moths. The simplicity of ios, and the quality of the apps on ios just can't be beat. I don't believe for a minute that the note 4 is the better device, regardless of what the reviews say. HOWEVER, just like several of the posters have noted on this thread, you have to test both for yourself and make the ultimate decision based on what is best for you.
    11-16-2014 11:38 PM
    I have the iPhone 6 and I like it. I will say, if I was buying something in the 5.5+ inch screen size, I would go for the note 4 without a doubt. Great looking phone in person, feels good and the pen is outstanding. Learning curve is a little steep but that should make it fun to figure out.
    11-17-2014 12:07 AM
    I recall a thread like this daily. It's part of being a forum people want to ask the apple people why they don't like Samsung then go to android central and ask them why they don't like Apple. And eventually they just buy the phone they like anyways
    Yep. We see it all the time over on AC. It's just people trying to get the opinions from both sides.. Although they should just go with what they want... Try them both and see what fits.
    11-17-2014 01:12 AM
    As some one who has had both side by side for over 2 weeks I would take the 6+ over and over again. Not only is iOS 8.0 a much more robust and smoother OS but the battery life alone on the 6+ trumps the Note 4.

The Note 4 screen is absolutely gorgeous but the 6+ has much more real world tones and colors.

Note 4 has a stylus which nothing can come close to. Samsung has perfected the use of the stylus with the Note 4 it's flawless.

But it's always your choice so do what you want to do and choose the phone that best suits your needs.
    11-17-2014 07:34 AM
    well the note 4 may have all those fancy android and touchwiz specials like the widges and the stylus stuff.
    but iOS is so much more beautiful and simpler than that, the battery life of the 6+ is simply amazing, everything runs fast and smooth and you should think about that the 6+ only has a dual core and the note 4 has an octacore i think im not sure bout it and you can't see any differences in performance! no, the 6+ even beats the note 4. how's that possible? i think android is messing it up, it looks kinda childish compared to iOS. and the app store is so much better than the google play store...

and.. the apps look prettier on iOS. i think the iphone is better because hard- and software are from one company -> apple.
    and android may have that fancy stuff and they start to work with better build quality now but android will never be as good as iOS because it has to run on so many different devices and so on... and meanwhile you even have to use an antivirus app on android.
    11-17-2014 08:38 AM
    Nice try ... Not my job to convince you of anything ...
    Soeasy, jburke82 and rdiddy_25 like this.
    11-17-2014 09:16 AM
    6+ has better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-17-2014 09:43 AM
53 123