Convince me why I should buy the 6 plus instead of Note 4

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I recall a thread like this daily. It's part of being a forum people want to ask the apple people why they don't like Samsung then go to android central and ask them why they don't like Apple. And eventually they just buy the phone they like anyways

Yep. We see it all the time over on AC. It's just people trying to get the opinions from both sides.. Although they should just go with what they want... Try them both and see what fits.

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
As some one who has had both side by side for over 2 weeks I would take the 6+ over and over again. Not only is iOS 8.0 a much more robust and smoother OS but the battery life alone on the 6+ trumps the Note 4.

The Note 4 screen is absolutely gorgeous but the 6+ has much more real world tones and colors.

Note 4 has a stylus which nothing can come close to. Samsung has perfected the use of the stylus with the Note 4 it's flawless.

But it's always your choice so do what you want to do and choose the phone that best suits your needs.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
well the note 4 may have all those fancy android and touchwiz specials like the widges and the stylus stuff.
but iOS is so much more beautiful and simpler than that, the battery life of the 6+ is simply amazing, everything runs fast and smooth and you should think about that the 6+ only has a dual core and the note 4 has an octacore i think im not sure bout it and you can't see any differences in performance! no, the 6+ even beats the note 4. how's that possible? i think android is messing it up, it looks kinda childish compared to iOS. and the app store is so much better than the google play store...

and.. the apps look prettier on iOS. i think the iphone is better because hard- and software are from one company -> apple.
and android may have that fancy stuff and they start to work with better build quality now but android will never be as good as iOS because it has to run on so many different devices and so on... and meanwhile you even have to use an antivirus app on android.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I'd say I like both. I'm not going to be able to convince you either way. I think that the device you like most, that's the one you should go with.

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually you should go ahead with note 4. IPhone 6 plus has few issues which needs sorting out. Crash issue, incompatible app issue. Battery issue, ? Bend gate.
Apple will probably get things right with iPhone 6s .
Note 5 will not be much different and you will post something similar.

So next year same time same place.
We will meet here and I will convince you to buy iPhone 6s plus.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually you should go ahead with note 4. IPhone 6 plus has few issues which needs sorting out. Crash issue, incompatible app issue. Battery issue, ? Bend gate.

I haven't had any of those issues...go figure.

OP...I'm not going to try and convince you of which phone will work best for you because that is ridiculous...I will say that my preference is so strong with the iPhone 6 Plus that I wouldn't use a Note if YOU paid my cell phone bill. That's just me though.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

They've gotten it right already with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus already.

All 3rd party apps are compatible with the 6 Plus. Don't confuse people with the difference between compatible and optimized.

Crash issues are solved with software updates. Waiting for the next gen for new hardware isn't a good point.

What battery issues? The overall consensus on the battery is that it's great.

The other "issue" you speak of isn't even worthy of repeating again.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Nope I'm having none of these issues. Apps are getting updated daily. I've had the 6 plus 6 days and about 20+ app updates in that time and more when I was still using a 5S.
OP get a Note 4 because you like it not because someone else is not digging their 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Digging it... 6 feet under.

Though jokes apart, 2 prior posts are right. Apps are getting updated, battery is in fact great- mine goes for for ~2 days, and .... Nooooo - it does not bend, it does occasionally reboot.

OP has read all this in this forum.
So why need convincing ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Digging it... 6 feet under.

Though jokes apart, 2 prior posts are right. Apps are getting updated, battery is in fact great- mine goes for for ~2 days, and .... Nooooo - it does not bend, it does occasionally reboot.

OP has read all this in this forum.
So why need convincing ?

So what exactly was the point of your last post?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been planing on getting the note 4 for a while but I think I'm going to get the iPhone 6 Plus. The logical thing would be to get the note 4 but I just seem to be drawn to the note 4 for some reason. I'll be doing my upgrade next week...

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Nice try ... Not my job to convince you of anything ...

The scenario is always the same across all the forums.

New person pops up with a very provocative thread title, and then completely disappears from the thread he/she starts.

When they fail to come back, that's when you kinda know it's really just flame baiting.

Like throwing a single banana into the monkey cages and simply sitting back and taking notes.

Some weird fetish some folks have a guess.

Myself, I'd rather watch re-runs of The Walking Dead.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

It's my first post, nice to be here!

So I'm currently on the fence of whether to upgrade to the 6 plus or note 4 from my 5. The reviews indicate that the note 4 is better, even more so with the cheaper price. I've seen the videos too and tbh the features easily triumph over the 6 plus, what with the s-pen and all. However, they were also the exact same reason why I bought the S4 and I ended up hating it. It lagged, the UI was ugly, the features were useless and the apps didn't hold a candle compared to the iOS apps.

Now it's been 2 years and maybe samsung/android has improved a lot in those areas? So since this is an iPhone forum, please, convince me why I should get the 6 plus instead of note 4.

Thanks!

Nah.