I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any known issues with the IPhone 6 Plus Mic?
    I just bought mine a few days ago and several times the person I am talking to can-not hear me. Typically re-starting the call fixes the issue, but its starting to get annoying. I do no not have the original screen protector on it (though I do use the glass screen protector).

Any idea what might be causing this issue?
    11-14-2014 12:25 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Did you set up your iPhone 6 Plus with a backup from an older iOS device? If so, you may consider restoring it and setting it up as new. Alternatively, you can upgrade to iOS 8.1, if it's not running that particular version already and going to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if that helps.
    11-14-2014 12:39 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. Did you set up your iPhone 6 Plus with a backup from an older iOS device? If so, you may consider restoring it and setting it up as new. Alternatively, you can upgrade to iOS 8.1, if it's not running that particular version already and going to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" to see if that helps.
    I did restore it from a back up, but unfortunately I can-not set it up as a new phone ( I need all my old information).
    It only happens a couple of times, but it always is mid-call. Ending the call and recalling always seems to fix it.

Also: I already am fully upgraded my IOS.
    11-14-2014 12:43 PM
    I did restore it from a back up, but unfortunately I can-not set it up as a new phone ( I need all my old information).
    It only happens a couple of times, but it always is mid-call. Ending the call and recalling always seems to fix it.
    I understand. We"ll, hopefully, resetting the "network settings" will fix the problem for you. Be sure to right down your Wi-Fi passcode beforehand because you will need to re-enter it after resetting the "Network Settings".
    11-14-2014 12:45 PM
    I understand. We"ll, hopefully, resetting the "network settings" will fix the problem for you. Be sure to right down your Wi-Fi passcode beforehand because you will need to re-enter it after resetting the "Network Settings".
    I'll try it again. I wounder if anyone else has had this issues. It's odd that restarting the call temporarily fixes it.
    11-14-2014 12:50 PM
    I'll try it again. I wounder if anyone else has had this issues. It's odd that restarting the call temporarily fixes it.
    Yeah, it is, however, it could be anything from a corrupted settings to a bad device. My guess is with the corrupted setting. It's not uncommon when restoring from a backup to a newer device. You can try resetting "All Settings". It will not delete anything off of your device. It'll only put the device "settings" back to their native state. Create a backup anyway beforehand, if you opt to do it.
    11-14-2014 12:55 PM
    If the other person has periods where they don't hear you at all, it may be getting grounded by touching something like a screw. You might want to take it to an Apple Store and let them check it out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-14-2014 12:56 PM
    If the other person has periods where they don't hear you at all, it may be getting grounded by touching something like a screw. You might want to take it to an Apple Store and let them check it out.

This. Basically what is happening is occasionally (has happened 2-3 times over 10+ calls) the person on the other end will be unable to hear me clearly. Ending the call and recalling typically solves the issue. It's not a "BIG" deal (since its only happened 2-3 times) but its happened enough where I'm trying to decide if its the phone or the connection.
    11-14-2014 12:59 PM

We shouldn't count out government interference with all of the data collection via their tower mimicking ability...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-14-2014 01:07 PM
    We shouldn't count out government interference with all of the data collection via their tower mimicking ability...
    My life is not that exciting
    11-14-2014 01:18 PM
    Hi, yes I'm having the same problem with Iphone 6 plus but it works when change to speaker mode during the conversation.
    11-29-2014 12:37 AM
    I have no problem
    11-30-2014 12:14 AM
    I found a solution: I was told by an apple rep to enable LTE for data only. I had previously had it enabled for voice as well.
    Haven't had a problem since.
    12-01-2014 09:35 AM
    My phone on Rogers (Canada) doesn't show a choice to have data over LTE and then voice on 3g. It is either both or none.
    I have tested and my microphone is only about half loud when Voice and Data over LTE is on versus over 3g.

I know VoLTE is new with Rogers but this problem doesn't seem to well known. I thought my microphone was damaged until I found the post above by Alex Gosser (thanks Alex!)

I hope there is a fix soon so I can use LTE without compromising my iphone 6 mic.
    04-30-2015 05:31 PM
    I found a solution: I was told by an apple rep to enable LTE for data only. I had previously had it enabled for voice as well.
    Haven't had a problem since.
    This seems to be popping up all over the internet (not just related to iPhone either)...carriers seem to be playing with their LTE coverage or SOMETHING (maybe enhancing, or broadening VoLTE? Who knows...), but I've read that people are making this adjustment for a slew of different connectivity and voice problems and it is remedying the issue directly. Makes me curious what they are doing.
    04-30-2015 11:40 PM
    Thanks Alex. You just saved me a frustrating trip to the apple store for something so simple. Works perfectly.
    05-30-2015 12:26 PM
    Thanks Alex. You just saved me a frustrating trip to the apple store for something so simple. Works perfectly.
    Yes, thank you, Alex. I'm going to put this trick up my sleeve.
    05-30-2015 12:52 PM
    Hello there,
    I own a 16GB IPhone 6 Plus and I experience the same issue. Most of callers cannot hear me well or hear me like being in far away.
    Switching to hands free during the call they can hear me better but I have to hold the device at my mouth level keeping the mic hole aligned with my mount.
    I believe there is a issue with the mic and Apple should take action on this.
    If the problem exists after the next update , I am on 8.4 now, I will go to apple to claim a replacement.

Nikos
    07-19-2015 05:03 PM
    Hello there,
    I own a 16GB IPhone 6 Plus and I experience the same issue. Most of callers cannot hear me well or hear me like being in far away.
    Switching to hands free during the call they can hear me better but I have to hold the device at my mouth level keeping the mic hole aligned with my mount.
    I believe there is a issue with the mic and Apple should take action on this.
    If the problem exists after the next update , I am on 8.4 now, I will go to apple to claim a replacement.

Nikos
    As it stands right now, the issue does not appear to widespread. If it were, it would be all over the news. Having said that, is there a case and/or screen protector on your iPhone?
    07-19-2015 05:08 PM
    My iPhone 6 Plus was working perfect yesterday , then later in the day, my mic and speaker stopped working. I can play music with no problem. also, siri doesn't work. i cant push the button to change to speaker phone... apple couldn't figure it out...
    08-20-2015 10:52 AM
    My iPhone 6 Plus was working perfect yesterday , then later in the day, my mic and speaker stopped working. I can play music with no problem. also, siri doesn't work. i cant push the button to change to speaker phone... apple couldn't figure it out...
    I don't know what to tell you, and I can only assume you water damage, physical damage, a corrupt setting/iOS version, incompatible jailbreak tweak or a defective device (doubtful).
    08-20-2015 10:58 AM
    I have had the same problem! I have the 6s Plus as well. I did the restore, went back to my service provider as instructed by the Apple rep to have them issue me a new sim card that did not work. I eventually called my service provider to have them send me a new phone.
    Last edited by 1NikkiNicole; 10-12-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added phone model
    10-12-2015 03:38 PM