Cool article. I've got Find My iPhone turned on, of course.

I caught the thief who stole my iPhone | The Verge

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    agarwal.apar and Speedygi like this.
    11-12-2014 05:42 AM
    I saw this article but haven't had a chance to read it -- cool that it worked to recover it!
    11-12-2014 05:51 AM
    My bro in law has had a similar situation and got a phone returned for a friend.
    11-12-2014 07:11 AM
    Good story...which verifies, yet again, why you don't keep your phone in your back pocket.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-12-2014 07:32 AM
    That approach was a good way to get stabbed, but always nice to read that a person was able to successfully use the tech to their advantage.
    11-12-2014 09:51 AM
    I read that article as well. But it is not going to keep me from putting my 6+ in my hip pocket. My pant is tight enough that I will know if someone pulls the phone out of my pocket.

Besides, doesn't the thief know that the stolen iPhone 6 can never be activated? Since the thief didn't even turn off the phone, I think he is a noob.
    11-13-2014 04:16 PM
    I don't even put my wallet in my back pocket. Especially in a situation where there are plenty of people all over the place. Glad it worked out for the guy. But it's still not a smart place to put your phone. Especially when it's 1/4 exposed.
    11-13-2014 05:09 PM
    At work we retrieved one of our work phones. It is a great feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-13-2014 05:45 PM
    Great story!!
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-13-2014 08:37 PM
    Nice story!
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-14-2014 05:53 AM
    Good story glad it all worked out and they got the iPhone back. I also use find my iPhone and most of the time my phone is in my hand or the holster on my belt (old school I know) but it keeps it safe.

Just to give the guy the benefit of the doubt maybe he did find it, he/she was at a crowded bar dancing around it could have fell to the floor. That’s why no altercation when they found it. He could have been too drunk to be bothered with trying to return it at 4am. Most likely he was a thief though.
    11-14-2014 06:28 AM
    I read that article as well. But it is not going to keep me from putting my 6+ in my hip pocket. My pant is tight enough that I will know if someone pulls the phone out of my pocket.

Besides, doesn't the thief know that the stolen iPhone 6 can never be activated? Since the thief didn't even turn off the phone, I think he is a noob.
    You think? Putting a big expensive phone in a back pocket is asking for it to be stolen or damaged. There's some slick pickpockets out there. I definitely would not attend Mardi Gras with a 6 Plus sticking up and out of my back pocket.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-14-2014 09:03 AM
    Awesome story!📱😱
    qbnkelt likes this.
    11-14-2014 01:59 PM
    You think? Putting a big expensive phone in a back pocket is asking for it to be stolen or damaged. There's some slick pickpockets out there. I definitely would not attend Mardi Gras with a 6 Plus sticking up and out of my back pocket.

That was THE reason I didn't get the Plus.

Now that I've got the Note 4 I think I could have managed the size but I would have never put it in my pocket.

11-14-2014 02:17 PM
    I for one would never take my phone to a bar. it's too expensive to lose. You couldn't hear to use it anyway and if you pulled it out of your pocket too many people would see it and want to steal it. People need to learn to take care of their phones. My phone is my baby and I would never take a baby to a bar.
    11-14-2014 02:24 PM
    That was THE reason I didn't get the Plus.

Now that I've got the Note 4 I think I could have managed the size but I would have never put it in my pocket.

I definitely want the Plus. My decision process is down to how do I carry it around? I may wait for the 6s Plus. I think Apple saved the 2 gb of RAM as a selling point for the 6s. I can't wait for the rumor mill to begin.

11-14-2014 02:25 PM
    I definitely want the Plus. My decision process is down to how do I carry it around? I may wait for the 6s Plus. I think Apple saved the 2 gb of RAM as a selling point for the 6s. I can't wait for the rumor mill to begin.

Yup I'm going to the Plus or whatever it will be called next year. I'm learning how to manage HUGE phones.

11-14-2014 02:27 PM
    I use a clip on travel pouch for my iPhone 6 plus. Works great for me I just take good care of my iPhone. It's Velcro and the clip is so strong that if somebody tried to take it I would feel it. Nevertheless I always have my hand or arm around it.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    11-14-2014 02:31 PM